bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tale of the offensive tape: '99 Rams v. '06 Cardinals

i guess i can see the similarities here. but, i can't see the comparison at all.

here you have a QB in Waner that is well past his prime, and injury prone.

then lets compare james to faulk. james has bad knees, and most likely on the decline.

i think the reciever core comparisons are equal.

i think the o-line for AZ. isn't as good as those reports out there are saying.

this is still the cardinals were talking about here. this franchise hasn't won a playoff game since the 1970's...

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Very interesting comparison. Only time will tell how the 06 Cardinals will match up. Who knows, they could go 3-13, or 13-3. We will have to wait and see if the talent they got will mesh together and turn this team completely around.

I dont see Warner leading this team anywhere. He must go down with a injury for this team to have a chance this year. So Arizona fans, you need your team to stage a Warner injury.

bigboydan

i dont see Warner doing much of anything either this year.

i think lienart is the way to go at QB this year for the cardinals. IMO

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    this is still the cardinals were talking about here. this franchise hasn't won a playoff game since the 1970's...

I am pretty sure they beat Dallas in like 1995 or 96 when Jake Plummer was QB but then lost by double digits to the Vikings the following week....

bigboydan

i stand corrected double B.

they did beat dallas in that game, and went on to play the vikings in the next round i do believe.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm not ready to put the Cardinals O up into this category yet...James is close to where Faulk was, Leinart won't be where Warner was right away...the receiving corp for the Rams was pretty deep (Proehl was their number four WR!) and the o-line was definitely better for the rams...not sure that the playcalling will be as good for the Cards either...