BillyGoat
    BillyGoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1093

Baltimore -3.5

Does this seem a little low to anyone else? Baltimore lost becasue Tennessee's lines matched up well against them. STL is a good offensive team but have made a tone of mistakes the last two games I don't think that will change vs Baltimore. It could be a shootout and the over 41.5 also is in play. My initial take on the line please let me know what you think.

Junoumi
    hm
    Junoumi's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ravens O-line versus Tennessee played awful. Also Baltimore has a problems with a CB's. So It will be very close game like for me. A lot of depend on Rice (if O-line helps him ).
    Last edited by Junoumi; 09-21-11 at 01:19 AM.

Deol
    Deol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5712

I personally think Baltimore responds with a pretty convincing win by at least 6. If S. Jackson doesnt play, I'd be fairly comfortable with putting a decent sized bet on the Ravens. Need to rebound to stay atop the division with the Steelers who pretty much have a bye against the Colts.

mattsolt8228
    mattsolt8228's Avatar Become A Pro!

yet another trap game for the ravens....so dominating week 1...suck week 2..now small line against a subpar team at best?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

i dont understand this line at all. my only thought is that balty wins by 3.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

buy down to -3, push at worse IMO.

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

This is one to think over. It sounds simple but I would seriously question STL's heart and commitment to the game. Does anyone really think the same about BAL? Combine STL's recent games with their past starts and the doubts have to be creeping in (especially for Bradford who in my opinion played a decent game in NY). Sounds harsh and no offense to STL fans but if that was my team I would want their hearts in my freaking blender. Lose the game but go out swinging for god's sake...

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Right now I wouldn't touch the Ravens. STL is about to be pissed and they'll have Steven Jackson back. The dome will be rockin on Sunday.

BillyGoat
    BillyGoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1093

Thanks to all, I didn't factor in Steven Jackson being back, too bad he wasn't there for the Giants game he wouldn't have watched while the giants picked up a fumbled latteral. I still think the total might be a low. -3.5 seems a little closer to right now.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Am I crazy for picking Baltimore in my Survivor Pool?? I've already picked San Diego and Pittsburgh.
    Based on the lines, better picks would be Tennessee, New Orleans, Detroit, New England and Green Bay......but I just don't feel as comfortable with any of these games.

I just don't see another lackluster performance from the Ravens....especially with the Jets looming in Week 4. St. Louis is coming off a Monday night game, with one less day of rest and scheming. Sorry guys, I think Baltimore wins this game by 10+ points.

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

Steven Jackson will make a big difference if he plays. Cadillac Williams was useless and obviously hurt the Rams on the big turnover. I will wait to see Jackson's status on Sunday at noon.

mattsolt8228
    mattsolt8228's Avatar Become A Pro!

such a strange line...would not make any play on this game til the last minute

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

ravens should be -14, much better

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

i would definitely bet the rams in this spot, if the line were rams +24

MisticalRitzy
    MisticalRitzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

STL won't commit those mistakes again and really should've had a TD instead of two FGs. IF Jackson's back then I think they win.

Ricki Roma
    Ricki Roma's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dont touch the ravens this week..

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

pretty sure Sjax is playing. not sure how much it matters., Rams corners havnt seemed to learn the art of looking back for the ball (you would think a corner would naturally do this but apparently not) which leads to well covered wrs making plays and/or flags getting thrown, if im balty i let Flacco chuck it over and over again in the 1st half as he will continually get PI's called if he doesnt actually just hook up with the wr...

On the other side i think plays will be there to be made for stl, Alexander is more than capable of torching that secondary and that should open up the underneath. Rams are so mistake prone right now, playing against a opportunistic defense on a short week im not sure how much of that can be cleaned up.

think you almost have to go Ravens or pass here. probably a pass on a side for me but think over has some potential.

Nittany Lion
    Nittany Lion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 675

No way the Ravens lose this game, tease the -4 or put some on the Ravens ML, I can't imagine the Rams keeping this a close game, I'm thinking Ravens win by at least 7 or more.

Ricki Roma
    Ricki Roma's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Nittany Lion View Post
    No way the Ravens lose this game, tease the -4 or put some on the Ravens ML, I can't imagine the Rams keeping this a close game, I'm thinking Ravens win by at least 7 or more.

I thought the same thing..last week =/

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

This will be an interesting game. The Rams depend so much on SJax. If he plays, I like the Rams chances of keeping it close. With no SJax, I really like the Ravens to cover.