CBBPhenom
    CBBPhenom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Week 3 Plays YTD Record 2-3-1 (-1.2 units)

Alright see some early lines you have to grab now.

Houston +4
    Oakland +3.5

CBBPhenom

Write ups:

Houston +4 in New Orleans - I have been impressed with the defense of Houston as Wade Philips has come in and successfully implemented the 3-4 defense. This is going to allow Houston to cause some turnovers in New Orleans which is how they are going to win the game. Both offenses are extremely powerful with the slight edge leaning New Orleans, but with Andre Johnson 100% and Ben Tate to start, it looks like this offense will be ready to go. One of Miami's touchdowns last week was when Johnathan Joseph came out of the game. After this touchdown, a limping Johnathan Joseph returned to shut down the Miami receivers for the rest of the game. He will start and is hopefully not limping vs this more powered offense. I'm not convinced the saints will be able to run inside the tackles which might make this a pass only game for them. This will allow Mario to get his and possibly cause a turnover. I'll take the number in this one.

Oakland +3.5 - The Jets are going to be coming from the far east all the way out west to play against a much improved Oakland team from last year. Raiders have to play 2 very tough teams in a row (jets, new england) and probably feel that if they lose this one it will be three in a row. This is their home opener, and they won't have to score as many points as they had to against buffalo. I'm predicting that Oakland should be able to shut down the run as Shonn Greene hasn't impressed anyone, which will make Sanchez earn it (highly unlikely). I predict the raiders win this by 6. They play inspired because they are coming off tough loss, won't win against new england and desperately need a win at home vs an east coast opponent.

CBBPhenom

Two more plays

Houston/New Orleans under 52: write up above but basically a play on Houston's defense.

Dallas -4.5 - Kitna or Romo, dallas needs this game more. This number should be higher if Romo plays, getting value either way. Newman should play and he is a center piece. DEz practiced and if he plays it should be easy money. Even without I'll take my chances.
    Last edited by CBBPhenom; 09-24-11 at 02:56 PM.

CBBPhenom

Well it looks like my early picks were value as the lines have both moved and you get less value now. Hopefully we win both. Also Dallas has moved against me. Luckily I haven't played it yet, but if your book was one of the few books giving this number, appologize for releasing so early. Hopefully I can get -3. I will count it a loss if it doesn't cover the 4.5 either way.