bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Eagles are not a playoff team IMO

Will the Philadelphia Eagles make the playoffs in 2006? Not according to DallasCowboys.com, which writes that Philly "should be much improved in 2006-07".

However, the same statement could be made for every other team in the division. Getting better is a must, but it might not be enough to return to the playoffs in the talent-rich NFC East this season.

They basicly have the same core of a team. Although, there recieving core still is very suspect IMO.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I wouldn't bet Philly into the playoffs.
    Their deep secondary isn't what it was 2 years ago.. And their line, even with 'the freak', hasn't panned out so well. I think being 'shrewd' with their franchise players and top line talent is working against them.
    The NFC is still pretty freaking bad, though.. Philly could get in, but going deep? I highly doubt it.

Donovan doesn't need receivers to be effective. He's proven that his entire career (plus that system doesn't require a stud)... But he's getting older and less mobile, you need studs at the wide out position. Philly has nothing there and hasn't aside from the T.O. blip.

Plus, Westbrook isn't an 'every down' back. I don't like Duce Staley much, but he gave them something that team needs - and that's someone that battles for yards in tough spots. They really don't have that, either - and every winning football team needs that.