PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

Fade the Seahawks - Tanking for Andrew Luck

#SuckforLuck in full effect

Even if they were trying, Tarvaris Jackson is so worthless it wouldn't even matter. Gallery is out, O-line is filled with rookies (James Carpenter can't block anyone). Hawks offense averaging 3.5 yards from scrimmage per play (passing and running plays combined)

Take the Cards -3.5 (-3 to be safe) and/or ML

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Well I see you are from Seattle with Isaiah Thomas in your sig, but if there is one week for Seattle to win, it is this upcoming week against the Cards. As bad as they are, don't count the Hawks out at home. I would just leave this game alone. I think this game is 50/50.

I'm from Seattle too, and I've seen every snap so far (preseason and season), and yes they do suck. But as a Seahawks fan, you must know that they are day and night when it comes to home and away.

Hence how they beat the Chargers at home last year, and lost to a bunch of crap teams on the road last year.

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Seattle has no0 shot at Andrew Luck! either he goes to the Chiefs or San Fran in a trade.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

I also see the Seahawks getting Andrew Luck.

The Jags will probably get Kellen Moore.

PAYTON20

Quote Originally Posted by Balco10 View Post
    Seattle has no0 shot at Andrew Luck! either he goes to the Chiefs or San Fran in a trade.
    San Fran in a trade? Why, cuz their coach is Jim Harbaugh? That makes no sense.

Sure Seattle can get Andrew Luck, they just need a worse record than the Chiefs and Colts. It's not that far fetched

PAYTON20

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Well I see you are from Seattle with Isaiah Thomas in your sig, but if there is one week for Seattle to win, it is this upcoming week against the Cards. As bad as they are, don't count the Hawks out at home. I would just leave this game alone. I think this game is 50/50. I'm from Seattle too, and I've seen every snap so far (preseason and season), and yes they do suck. But as a Seahawks fan, you must know that they are day and night when it comes to home and away. Hence how they beat the Chargers at home last year, and lost to a bunch of crap teams on the road last year.
    They beat the Chargers last year in a fluke win when Leon Washington returned like 2 kicks for touchdowns. Plus, Tarvaris Jackson wasn't playing QB for the Hawks. I think you're overestimating the homefield advantage in this one and the fact that Pete Carroll isn't even really trying to win at this point. #SuckforLuck

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

win now or win for next 10 years....

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

You'd think Petey would go for his boy Barkley who is projected to go top 3...

PAYTON20

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    You'd think Petey would go for his boy Barkley who is projected to go top 3...
    No way he'd take Barkley over Luck. Or else I'd burn their training facility down. But you're right, either way, Pete is not trying to win games this season

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Broncos will have Luck.. Kyle Orton = 1-15.. unlike Tim Tebow = 10-6

PAYTON20

Quote Originally Posted by daimoshokage View Post
    Broncos will have Luck.. Kyle Orton = 1-15.. unlike Tim Tebow = 10-6
    Bad post. No way the Broncos go 0-14 the rest of the season

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by PAYTON20 View Post
    They beat the Chargers last year in a fluke win when Leon Washington returned like 2 kicks for touchdowns. Plus, Tarvaris Jackson wasn't playing QB for the Hawks. I think you're overestimating the homefield advantage in this one and the fact that Pete Carroll isn't even really trying to win at this point. #SuckforLuck
    Worst record is going to come down to 3 teams: Seahawks, Colts, and KC. IMO, I don't think Seattle can beat out Indi and KC for Luck. For one, the Seahawks play in a bad division, so I think they will scoop up a few wins at home against the different NFC West teams. SF is horrible, the Hawks should beat them at home. And I think they have a legit 50/50 shot of beating Arizona and St Louis at home.

And you mentioned that the Hawks didn't have Tavaris last year, well it's not like Hasselback was much better. Didn't he have 12 TD's and 19 INT's last year? Those stats are much worst than what TJax is on pace for. And your an idiot if you actually think Carroll is tanking the season on purpose. If you know anything about Pete Carroll, it is that he competes more than any coach. And trying to lose on purpose is a pretty easy way to get fired. We all know how easy it is to get fired in the NFL.

PAYTON20

Worst record is going to come down to 3 teams: Seahawks, Colts, and KC. IMO, I don't think Seattle can beat out Indi and KC for Luck. For one, the Seahawks play in a bad division, so I think they will scoop up a few wins at home against the different NFC West teams. SF is horrible, the Hawks should beat them at home. And I think they have a legit 50/50 shot of beating Arizona and St Louis at home. And you mentioned that the Hawks didn't have Tavaris last year, well it's not like Hasselback was much better. Didn't he have 12 TD's and 19 INT's last year? Those stats are much worst than what TJax is on pace for. And your an idiot if you actually think Carroll is tanking the season on purpose. If you know anything about Pete Carroll, it is that he competes more than any coach. And trying to lose on purpose is a pretty easy way to get fired. We all know how easy it is to get fired in the NFL.
    You're naive you don't think it's possible. Seahawks could lose every game this season by 20+ pts and there's no chance Pete Carroll would be fired. "Pete Carroll competes more than any coach" - Hmm did you come to that conclusion from his "Always Compete" slogan. Or did you read his "Win Forever" book?

You're missing the point that this year's O-line is way more inexperienced and even worse than last year's O-line. If you can't see this, I can't help you

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

Seattle has just a good enough defense and just enough weapons on offense to lose the Luck sweepstakes. They'll bring back Stan Gelbaugh to replace Jackson if they have to. No way he sticks around.

PAYTON20

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Seattle has just a good enough defense and just enough weapons on offense to lose the Luck sweepstakes. They'll bring back Stan Gelbaugh to replace Jackson if they have to. No way he sticks around.
    Obviously they might not get Luck. But most of you are missing the point... Even if they are trying to win, they fukkin suck. They're going to lose again this weekend

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by PAYTON20 View Post
    You're naive you don't think it's possible. Seahawks could lose every game this season by 20+ pts and there's no chance Pete Carroll would be fired. "Pete Carroll competes more than any coach" - Hmm did you come to that conclusion from his "Always Compete" slogan. Or did you read his "Win Forever" book? You're missing the point that this year's O-line is way more inexperienced and even worse than last year's O-line. If you can't see this, I can't help you
    All I said is that I don't think they can beat out Indi and KC. I think Seattle will finish with probably 4-5 wins, whereas I see KC and Indi only winning 2 or 3 games. And you are an idiot if you think Pete Carroll is losing on purpose. You actually think Pete is going to try to lose for an entire season. Do you know how many reporters he has to talk to about that? I can tell you right now, he isn't trying to lose on purpose. Your probably right about Pete being safe this year, but if he were to lose 12-13 games this year, and then have the same results next year, then he would likely be on the hot seat.

Seattle very well could end up with the worst record, but I'd put my money on Indi and KC. Jacksonville already has a win, but they could very well go 0-14 from here on out. If your going to lose on purpose, you might as well lose all 16 games, because if you win 1 game, you may blow your chances on getting the first pick.

PAYTON20

All I said is that I don't think they can beat out Indi and KC. I think Seattle will finish with probably 4-5 wins, whereas I see KC and Indi only winning 2 or 3 games. And you are an idiot if you think Pete Carroll is losing on purpose. You actually think Pete is going to try to lose for an entire season. Do you know how many reporters he has to talk to about that? I can tell you right now, he isn't trying to lose on purpose. Your probably right about Pete being safe this year, but if he were to lose 12-13 games this year, and then have the same results next year, then he would likely be on the hot seat. Seattle very well could end up with the worst record, but I'd put my money on Indi and KC. Jacksonville already has a win, but they could very well go 0-14 from here on out. If your going to lose on purpose, you might as well lose all 16 games, because if you win 1 game, you may blow your chances on getting the first pick.
    We shall see

Cardinals this week

hockeyman30304
    hockeyman30304's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Broncos suck with Orton they have a shot as long as he starts

Speedy88

Well good luck with your pick. Arizona definitely has a good chance of winning. But I've seen some pretty weird stuff happen at Quest...I mean Century Link Field over the past few years.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Luck is overrated anyway and the other players don't care about getting him. They are playing for contracts and money.

unluckysob
    unluckysob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12702

what do the colts do if they finish with worst record??/----trade??

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

they dont need to tank. they are by far the worst team in the NFL now.

carolina, washington and san fran have drastically improved. jaguars went backwards but are still not as bad as seattle.

when the broncos get healthy they will be back. heard a stat on sunday that somethiing like 80% of their salary cap was hurt. cant remember the exact number

dummerville, bailey, lloyd, royal etc etc etc

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

No team is tanking the season just 2 games into the season...

That said, Seattle is bad...but so is KC and a lot of other teams like Miami/Oakland/Denver.

Glitch

miami and oakland are not in the running for worst team in the league.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agreed...different levels of bad.

KC/Seattle seem to be the bottom of the barrel...

Glitch

also agreed. kc was a surprise for me. plus now they have 2 huge injuries in berry and charles.

Trident
    Update your status
    Trident's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2791

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post

they dont need to tank. they are by far the worst team in the NFL now.

Followed this team for many years and can't think of a team in the NFL with less talent than the Seabags.

I had tickets to this game but gave them away thank god.

Glitch

sorry to hear that. skins fan here....it gets better.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Don't think for a minute that Pete Carroll wouldn't tank games....guy is a shady a$$ used car salesman type & always has been! Why else would you sign Tavaris Jackson to begin with? When Jimmy Johnson first got to Dallas....he played Steve Walsh over Troy Aikman and they won 1 game that year. Its shady but thats how you have a chance at game changers in the draft!

GoCougs!
    GoCougs!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11232

Carpenter was one of the worst draft picks the Seahawks have had in a long time........I think the Guard Spencer was crapola as well. Can't believe they didn't draft Gabe Carimi when they had the chance. Sh*t parade!

RGG
    RGG's Avatar Become A Pro!

They may have to compete with Indy to get Luck..lol.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Seattle will need a shit load more than Luck to relevant in the NFL

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

No one tanks in NFL
    It ain't happening

Players do not have guaranteed contracts

PAYTON20

You guys are missing the point. I don't mean Carroll is tanking like the Pre-Game speech and gameplan for the players is to lose on purpose... no one would ever do that. And the players wouldn't stand for it.

My point is that he's starting an inept QB, with no consideration so far for bringing in the backup (Charlie Whitehurst) when it'd be the logical decision. Pair this with starting an O-line that is essentially all rookies or 2nd year players with very little experience, and add in some questionable schemes and playcalling... and you can easily see how could be indirectly losing on purpose. The Hawks players will try their hardest, I'm not arguing against that, but they are so bad it really doesn't matter. Averaging 3.5 yds per play (passing and running combined)... come on now. Pete Carroll has a plan and his plan is to get a high draft pick this offseason. Watch

PAYTON20

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    Don't think for a minute that Pete Carroll wouldn't tank games....guy is a shady a$$ used car salesman type & always has been! Why else would you sign Tavaris Jackson to begin with? When Jimmy Johnson first got to Dallas....he played Steve Walsh over Troy Aikman and they won 1 game that year. Its shady but thats how you have a chance at game changers in the draft!
    Smart post

12 Last