DODGERBLUES24
    DODGERBLUES24's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chargers ml vs patriots

I see good value in this bet. Chargers defense shut down the vikes in the 2nd half of week 1. Defense will put pressure on brady and the patriots will have a hard time running the ball. Chargers win this one!

ijenpo
    ijenpo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3536

You're throwing cash away. Chargers barely beat a shitty Viking team. What makes you think they can take NE at home. They might cover, but win outright? Doubtful.

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

26 consecutive home wins for Brady and they are better than they were last year, no way play here.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DODGERBLUES24 View Post
    I see good value in this bet. Chargers defense shut down the vikes in the 2nd half of week 1. Defense will put pressure on brady and the patriots will have a hard time running the ball. Chargers win this one!
    pats dont run the ball anyway.
    mcnabb has less than 50 yards passing the entire game .......
    brady will get 50 yards on his first drive

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

did u see how many rushing yards SD allowed last week? it was like 175! they cannot stop the run. thats a problem bc if NE can run the ball and set up play action, brady will have a field day.

i wont take ML but i do like the points. 5dimes had it at 8.5 earlier and i booked a small bet. i also teased SD +15.5 and Chicago +14 (vs NO)

EBDOGGN
    EBDOGGN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 130

Man, I can see my boy Danny wood head making a name for himself this weekend. But back to the subject.. No way, if I was that ballsy I'd rather take titans ml w that weird as.s spread than going against ne.

DODGERBLUES24

Quote Originally Posted by ijenpo View Post
    You're throwing cash away. Chargers barely beat a shitty Viking team. What makes you think they can take NE at home. They might cover, but win outright? Doubtful.
    vikings had a total of 26 yds in the 2nd half of this game.

DODGERBLUES24

The Chargers offense is just as good or better than the Patriots. Chargers D is better that the Pats. So homefield is about the only thing on the Pats side.

the10man
    the10man's Avatar Become A Pro!

line seems right here chargers very sloppy tackling against vikings. look at pats @ buffalo +8 next week

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

ML offers great value. NE is good, but let's get real. SD has a great chance to win this game.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

The Chargers offense is just as good or better than the Patriots. Chargers D is better that the Pats. So homefield is about the only thing on the Pats side.

Ummm... no. The Chargers offense certainly isn't bad, but its not at the Pats level. How will San Diego match up with Brady's weapons? He finds the mismatch, that's what makes him great. I don't see any Chargers personnel that can stop a primary lineup of Welker, Ocho, Gronkowski, Hernandez, BJGE, and Woodhead. One of these guys will always have an advantage over their defender, and you can almost guarantee Brady will exploit that.

I think the Chargers cover, but I don't think they have above a 10% chance of winning. Plus, their special teams is good to give up at least 1 TD

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I could see this happening, but I like the +7 (can we get a 7.5) a lot better.

bobbyk1133

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    Ummm... no. The Chargers offense certainly isn't bad, but its not at the Pats level. How will San Diego match up with Brady's weapons? He finds the mismatch, that's what makes him great. I don't see any Chargers personnel that can stop a primary lineup of Welker, Ocho, Gronkowski, Hernandez, BJGE, and Woodhead. One of these guys will always have an advantage over their defender, and you can almost guarantee Brady will exploit that. I think the Chargers cover, but I don't think they have above a 10% chance of winning. Plus, their special teams is good to give up at least 1 TD
    You must be a Pats fanboy if you are including Ocho in the list of "primary" weapons.
    Rivers 4700+ yards last year passing to guys from the practice squad for half of the year.
    One could easily make the case SD's skill offensive players are better across the board than NE's and SD's defense appears to be better as well.

Let's not forget NE's starting center is out. Don't underestimate that loss...

LT Profits

Oh and did I mention that Rivers is 14-7 ATS lifetime as an underdog

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

San Diego is shit, you will see that in 3 days...
    Pats -6.5 right now is a gift.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

No way. Pats all day. Too many reasons to count.

Did you watch the Vikes-Bolts game? Both teams looked terrible. Plus it's a classic West to East road trip that will eat the Bolts.

All value is on the Pats -6 1/2, ML & 6 pt teasers.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyk1133 View Post
    ML offers great value. NE is good, but let's get real. SD has a great chance to win this game.

true...Phillip Rivers seems to really thrive in games like this. The Patriots do have one major thing in their favor and that this is a 4pm game. The crowd will all have time to get good and drunk before the game.

AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN
    Go CARDS!!!
    AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

BURN YOUR MONEY $$ Instead..

Ill take -300 Pats ML All day!!! 15x to win 5x, Not a guarantee but if you got Money, let it make you some money and not gamble, throw a .5x on SD ML hhahah no serious bet tho. Pats win this one by 10+

AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN
    Go CARDS!!!
    AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

511 Yards Passing, Try to Stop 350 and 3TD, WON'T HAPPEN

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN View Post
    511 Yards Passing, Try to Stop 350 and 3TD, WON'T HAPPEN
    BIG difference between San Diego defense and Miami defense.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

So if San Diegos defense is soo good.... maybe there is a reason McNabb threw for 39 yards...

anybody like the Vikings -3 vs Tampa? I've heard a lot of people say they think Tampa finishes in last place in the NFC South this year.

aimgator
    aimgator's Avatar Become A Pro!

id take chargers ml if i was up after saturday....but otherwise would not play it. gl

Smogs
    Smogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 499

This will be a tight game, i don't like the over being so high, i see under and SD +7, most likely a 20-23 game

rsnnh12

You must be a Pats fanboy if you are including Ocho in the list of "primary" weapons.
    Rivers 4700+ yards last year passing to guys from the practice squad for half of the year.
    One could easily make the case SD's skill offensive players are better across the board than NE's and SD's defense appears to be better as well.

Let's not forget NE's starting center is out. Don't underestimate that loss...
    So Ocho isn't a starting receiver? He still needs to be covered by a top 2 corner, because he has the skill to beat any player worse than that. The point of the post was that there is just no way to really match up with the varied weapons the Pats have. Gronkowski can't be covered by any LB, and he's too big for most safeties. Hernandez ideally should be covered by a CB, but if a team commits an extra CB to him, Hernandez has the big blocking advantage for a run play. Regardless of his understanding of the offense at this point, teams still need to respect Ocho, because they know he still has some skill left.

The loss of Koppen only hurts in that he is a great snapper. Connolly is a better blocker, but doesn't call anything at the line (Koppen and Brady shared this duty). Brady is more than capable of doing that on his own, or having other linemen help with the pre-snap adjustments as well. Plus, Vollmer is back, which gives depth to the tackle position. Solder will be coming off the bench now, and as evidenced by his performance against Wake, he is more than capable of playing against strong pass rushes.

Don't just assume the loss of the starting center is a massive hit
    Last edited by rsnnh12; 09-15-11 at 01:23 PM.

bobbyk1133

So Ocho isn't a starting receiver? He still needs to be covered by a top 2 corner, because he has the skill to beat any player worse than that. The point of the post was that there is just no way to really match up with the varied weapons the Pats have. Gronkowski can't be covered by any LB, and he's too big for most safeties. Hernandez ideally should be covered by a CB, but if a team commits an extra CB to him, Hernandez has the big blocking advantage for a run play. Regardless of his understanding of the offense at this point, teams still need to respect Ocho, because they know he still has some skill left. The loss of Koppen only hurts in that he is a great snapper. Connolly is a better blocker, but doesn't call anything at the line (Koppen and Brady shared this duty). Brady is more than capable of doing that on his own, or having other linemen help with the pre-snap adjustments as well. Plus, Vollmer is back, which gives depth to the tackle position. Solder will be coming off the bench now, and as evidenced by his performance against Wake, he is more than capable of playing against strong pass rushes. Don't just assume the loss of the starting center is a massive hit
    In week 1 Brady threw for 517 yards. Guess how many Ocho had? 14. That is not a "primary" player. He's the 5th receiving option. The coaches want him to pick up the offense quicker. He might be a decent threat at some point, but it doesn't look like that will be now.

And everything you claim about NE's offense can be said for SD's too.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick described the Chargers offense as hard to defend. “If you take one thing away they will hit you somewhere else,” Belichick said. “If you want to play deep, they will throw short. If you want to play short, they will throw deep. If you want to play man coverage, they can beat you in man routs. If you want to play zone coverage, they can spread the zones.
    I fail to see where NE have the edge...

rsnnh12

In week 1 Brady threw for 517 yards. Guess how many Ocho had? 14. That is not a "primary" player. He's the 5th receiving option. The coaches want him to pick up the offense quicker. He might be a decent threat at some point, but it doesn't look like that will be now.

And everything you claim about NE's offense can be said for SD's too.

I fail to see where NE have the edge...
    I'm well aware that Ocho didn't have good stats in week 1. In fact, in posts about the game, I said the best bets for the game would be props for Ocho "unders" and Gronkowski and Brady "overs". Just because Ocho didn't get big stats, doesn't mean he should be ignored. Until he figures out the offense, he's being used as a decoy. That's basically it. I guarantee that if the Chargers don't respect his ability, Brady and Ocho will make them pay.

Of course Belichick said that...he never talks down about an opponent, no matter who it is. They could be playing a local high school team, and BB would talk about how dangerous they are in (fill in the blank). I'm not saying the Chargers offense is bad. They're obviously not. They're a top 10 offense easily, probably around 4-5. Rivers, Gates, and VJax are amazing. Everyone knows that the ball has to run through those 2 for the Chargers to compete though, agreed? This Chargers offense is more like the 07 Pats offense than the current one... relying on 2 big guys (VJax/Gates and Moss/Welker) and everyone knows it. The question becomes, can they stop them. I like the chances of the Pats D slowing the Chargers O down at home more than the Chargers D slowing the Pats down.

Brady told the fans to start drinking early... the stadium will be rocking. Add in the special teams and coaching advantage, and I think the Pats win this game 8+/10 times. I still think the Chargers cover though, because they do have a lot of talent. I will be playing a live bet on the team that goes down a TD first.... either Pats ML or Chargers spread. Pats win by a TD.

bobbyk1133

Everyone knows that the ball has to run through those 2 for the Chargers to compete though, agreed? This Chargers offense is more like the 07 Pats offense than the current one... relying on 2 big guys (VJax/Gates and Moss/Welker) and everyone knows it. The question becomes, can they stop them. I like the chances of the Pats D slowing the Chargers O down at home more than the Chargers D slowing the Pats down.
    Yes we agree on that, but don't sleep on SD's running game. Tolbert and Mathews are the perfect compliment for each other and Mathews looks 100% better than he did last year. I also think NE's defense has far more question marks than SD's. Giving up 400 yards to Henne? Switching back and forth to a 4-3 scheme? Was week 1 a mirage or a sign of things to come?

LT Profits

New England defense can't stop a head cold

Noles19
    Noles19's Avatar Become A Pro!

Could it happen? I guess so. Will it happen? Probably not. Would I bet money on it happening? No way in hell. Do I answer my own questions? Yes I do.

rsnnh12

Yes we agree on that, but don't sleep on SD's running game. Tolbert and Mathews are the perfect compliment for each other and Mathews looks 100% better than he did last year. I also think NE's defense has far more question marks than SD's. Giving up 400 yards to Henne? Switching back and forth to a 4-3 scheme? Was week 1 a mirage or a sign of things to come?
    The 400 yards is incredibly misleading. With 8 minutes left in the game, the Dolphins only had 241 yards of offense. As you may know, Belichick likes his D to play more of a prevent style D when they have a decent lead, as this milks the clock and prevents a quick score (usually). The Dolphins drove 80something yards on their first drive, but over their next 9, managed just 170 yards, with 5 3 and outs and 2 drives with just 1 first down. The Dolphins proceeded to get 247 yards in the final 8 minutes, which for the most part was the goal of the Pats. This 8 minutes also included the 1 play drive of the 99 yard pass to Welker, which allowed the Dolphins O to come right back on the field. If Welker got tackled where he caught it, the Pats O could've milked the clock a lot more and minimized the Dolphins offensive yardage.

The Pats D is one of the few designed to not give a crap up yardage given up. All that matters is getting the W.

Cliffs- don't look at yardage when evaluating the Pats D. There are certainly concerns with the D, but looking at yards against is not the way to find it.

bobbyk1133

My point is that NE's defense didn't look particularly great....even before the garbage time yardage. I think SD will exploit it. We'll find out what's what on Sunday

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Chargers win straight up. Take the ML. Both teams can score points but I think the Chargers have the better defense which will be the difference.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Brady has 6 main targets and Rivers has 3 main targets. Pats playing at home field advantage. The Pats ML looks good here.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Agreed. They should have won last year in SD, losing 23-20. They had a huge yardage edge without Jackson and Floyd who they have now. Also, SD lost 4 fumbles in that game giving the Pats 10 points. SD has a good shot at winning but a GREAT shot at covering the number 7.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

The 400 yards is incredibly misleading. With 8 minutes left in the game, the Dolphins only had 241 yards of offense. As you may know, Belichick likes his D to play more of a prevent style D when they have a decent lead, as this milks the clock and prevents a quick score (usually). The Dolphins drove 80something yards on their first drive, but over their next 9, managed just 170 yards, with 5 3 and outs and 2 drives with just 1 first down. The Dolphins proceeded to get 247 yards in the final 8 minutes, which for the most part was the goal of the Pats. This 8 minutes also included the 1 play drive of the 99 yard pass to Welker, which allowed the Dolphins O to come right back on the field. If Welker got tackled where he caught it, the Pats O could've milked the clock a lot more and minimized the Dolphins offensive yardage.

The Pats D is one of the few designed to not give a crap up yardage given up. All that matters is getting the W.

Cliffs- don't look at yardage when evaluating the Pats D. There are certainly concerns with the D, but looking at yards against is not the way to find it.
    Pats small secondary could be their undoing in this game. Jackson and Floyd should have good games against the Pats small corners.

12 Last