unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

saints 27-13. the toothless bears won't even finish 8-8.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ThaWoj

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by chantrain View Post
    Bears are nothing but BETTER since last year. Defense is as good as ever, the Martz system is clicking. This game is entirely on the D line and the O line. If the D line can pressure Brees and get a few take aways then the Bears will win. If the O line can hold up then the Bears will put up points.

Bears +7 is a gift imo, these two teams are not so different in terms of talent level.
    Bears have more talent on defense. Julius Peppers is another level, and if he Melton/Okoye in the middle progress they way they are, that D-Line is going to be scary. And then you've got Urlacher and Briggs closing in the middle. If they continue to get that pressure it narrows the field and covers up some weakness in the secondary. Bottom line, the Bears defense always seems tough, but this looks like the best one since Tommie Harris in his prime in '06, and maybe better because that team didn't have Peppers. On the other side, Cutler looks way more comfortable, they improved the line and they have more weapons and Forte is coming into his own. We know the special teams is good, Beats ST always is. People love to hate on the Bears, despite successes, and I without a doubt in my mind, barring major injuries, this year's team is clearly etter than last year's 11 iwn team. Doesn't win they'll win 12+, they caught some breaks last season, but they can win any game, including next weekend's. And the loss of Colston is a biggie. GL all.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post

the bottom line is that the bears were the most impressive team in football last week and they finished 8 - 2 last 10 games of the season last year

I'll take 7 points in this scenario any day. I think this will be a very very close game and the bears have a great chance of winning

Saints 38
    Bears 13

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    Did you read that in SI or something? Anything's possible, but I'm pretty sure you have it wrong. Though, this week's game is surely one of the toughest matchups of the season.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

good luck. i have saints -7 at + money. this is a bigger game for the saints then the bears.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    Saints 38 Bears 13

they won by 17 against a team that won 13 or 14 games last year, they were the most impressive team of the week

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Bears have more talent on defense. Julius Peppers is another level, and if he Melton/Okoye in the middle progress they way they are, that D-Line is going to be scary. And then you've got Urlacher and Briggs closing in the middle. If they continue to get that pressure it narrows the field and covers up some weakness in the secondary. Bottom line, the Bears defense always seems tough, but this looks like the best one since Tommie Harris in his prime in '06, and maybe better because that team didn't have Peppers. On the other side, Cutler looks way more comfortable, they improved the line and they have more weapons and Forte is coming into his own. We know the special teams is good, Beats ST always is. People love to hate on the Bears, despite successes, and I without a doubt in my mind, barring major injuries, this year's team is clearly etter than last year's 11 iwn team. Doesn't win they'll win 12+, they caught some breaks last season, but they can win any game, including next weekend's. And the loss of Colston is a biggie. GL all.
    I agree 100%, I even think the OL is ahead of where they were at this point last season. Everyone in Chicago land said that this season is heavily dependent on what happens in these first 3 games. The fact they beat Atlanta is huge. All they need to do is win one of the next two to be in good shape for the rest of the season.

So I think people predicting 8-8 or 9-7 are speaking too soon. It's very possible this team goes 10-6 or 11-5 again and makes the playoffs.

Greyraptor
    Greyraptor's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post
    Brahma + Brock = Bears mushed.
    Is Brock really on the Bears? That does it...Saints for 1000 units minus the points...LOL

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    good luck. i have saints -7 at + money. this is a bigger game for the saints then the bears.

I don't get it, I just don't get it

you will play the saints as a big favorite against a very good playoff caliber bears team that could very easily have more wins than the saints this year, but you won't play the lead patriots as a 7 point favorite against a horrible team in miami??

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Vegas wants you to take the Bears, hence the high spread. Horrible spot for the Bears, Saints need to win and the Bears are feeling good about themselves and have GB on deck. 1-1 isn't the end of the world for the Bears, go with the desperate team in the Saints who need a win badly!

bri42guy
    bri42guy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Love this bet, but was hoping it would go back up to +7.5, not looking like it, but who knows.

HawkEye
    HawkEye's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 215

-7 seems about right since the falcons were giving the bears -3 in Chicago. If they were in Atlanta it would have been -7 easily. Saints and Falcons has about the same value.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

i think bengals +4.5 is a good play this week. but bears +7 looks pretty good too.

Thunderstruck
    Thunderstruck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    Not sure if serious.......... Bears finish at worst 9-7 and that's worst case scenario imo......

Have you watched a Bears game by chance in the last year?

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderstruck View Post
    Not sure if serious.......... Bears finish at worst 9-7 and that's worst case scenario imo...... Have you watched a Bears game by chance in the last year?

shhhhh, let these clowns remain ignorant

the bears are gonna be a GREAT ats team this year

chantrain

I agree, I'm gonna take them a lot this year when they're under dogs. Media, fans and sports books are guilty of under rating the bears even more than usual.

hoop22
    hoop22's Avatar Become A Pro!

good luck

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    Saints 38 Bears 13

38-13?? really?? cause the bears defense gets destroyed like that all the time right??

it's not like the bears defense gave up more than 30 points just two times all year last year or anything right??? (one of which was a victory)

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

over 3,000 posts in ten months, must have lots of time on your hands

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol seriously brah?????

Taking jay cutlet over Drew brees is like taking brad penny over Roy halladay

Saints will put up a 40+ spot on bears
    Bears will be lucky if they score 20

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Tech N9ne View Post
    lol seriously brah????? Taking jay cutlet over Drew brees is like taking brad penny over Roy halladay Saints will put up a 40+ spot on bears Bears will be lucky if they score 20

the falcons had a better offense than the saints last year and they only managed 13 points yet the saints are gonna put up 40+ on the extremely dominating bears defense???

what an assclown

have you people even watched the bears recently?? U do realize they may have the best defense in the entire NFL right?? They held Rodgers and that vaunted packers offense to just 14 offensive points in the playoffs last year
    Last edited by brahmabull117; 09-13-11 at 07:08 PM.

chantrain

no, the people saying these outrageous things don't even know about the Bears obviously.

And Cutler is a damn good quarterback, has all the tools to be top 10 soon if the OL can get some consistency.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I realize that was a home game and this is a road game, but this is one of the best big money underdogs I have ever seen
    Wow. Just wow.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Wow. Just wow.

wow just wow what?? The bears have a great chance of winning this game and I'm sure the ML is gonna be awesome + 300 maybe??

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

wow just wow what?? The bears have a great chance of winning this game and I'm sure the ML is gonna be awesome + 300 maybe??
    No they don't.

brahmabull117

No they don't.

You realize you're talking about a team that has beaten the packers, jets, eagles and falcons over the last 2 seasons right??

the saints aren't even that good of a team. Their pass rush and secondary looked terrible in week 1 and they had zero running game. I realize brees had a big game but the bears have arguably the best defense in the league nowadays and they should be able to contain brees and his receivers

chantrain

No they don't.
    I'll bet you 2 betpoints that the Bears cover the spread

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Game is played inside, Saints at home ... i see them scoring 28 ... bears getting 17 ....

chantrain

if the game is played inside then how does that hurt the bears? Bear defense is based on speed so artificial turf should make them play well.

mstone897
    mstone897's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

You realize you're talking about a team that has beaten the packers, jets, eagles and falcons over the last 2 seasons right??
    This means nothing.

The Saints over the last 2 seasons have beaten the Falcons 3 times, the Jets, the Eagles, the Patriots, oh and the Colts in the SUPER BOWL. Why don't you mention that since past wins are so important to you?

mstone897

if the game is played inside then how does that hurt the bears? Bear defense is based on speed so artificial turf should make them play well.
    It also helps the team speed of the Saints. And a passing offense doesn't have to deal with weather. Oh and it happens to be a really loud dome. But only looking at one side of things is usually good too.

chantrain

Saints are a good team but Bears are a good team too. How confident are you that the Saints will cover that spread?

mstone897

Saints are a good team but Bears are a good team too. How confident are you that the Saints will cover that spread?
    If I had to pick I take the Saints. Saints are coming off extra rest entering their home opener and could really use a win. I'm not even sure if I'll play it. Just shocked with Bull's reasoning on the Bears mainly. He started with comparing it to the 2006 NFC championship and now is naming off past Bear's wins. I'd rather him just tell me straight up "I'm homering this hard, I take the Bear's every week no matter what" I would trust that more than a reference to a game 5 years ago.

chantrain

Sometimes fans of the team just have a really good feel for the team due to following them closely though. I practically plan to take the Bears ATS every time this year when they're under dogs.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by mstone897 View Post
    It also helps the team speed of the Saints. And a passing offense doesn't have to deal with weather. Oh and it happens to be a really loud dome. But only looking at one side of things is usually good too.

the bears have arguably the fastest defense in the league if you're looking at their front 7. Tremendous athleticism on their D line and Urlacher and company are very fast at the linebacker position so that's really no advantage of the saints at all

I just think a 7 point spread is ridiculous considering all the weaknesses the saints showed in week 1 (nonexistent pass rush without will smith, mediocre secondary, nonexistant running game) and how dominant the bears looked in week 1 and have looked now tracing back to week 7 of last year (after which they finished the season 7-2)

the bears real weakness offensively is their o line and they struggle against teams with a great pass rush. The saints don't have a pass rush right now without Will Smith. Jay Cutler will be able to score 17-24 points... so how confident can you really be that the saints are gonna score 24-30+ points against this awesome dominating bears defense??

First 12345 ... Last