Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Do You Like To Grab Lines Early Or Right Before GameDay?

Just curious, do you guys like to grab the lines when they come out on Monday/Tuesday, or do you like to wait til Friday/Sat/Sun when you know who is playing, who is injured, etc?

I'm trying to decide if I want to jump on these lines now, or wait for more injury news. A lot can happen between Tuesday and Sunday.

Just curious.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

sometimes you just think a line is gonna move. went ahead and teased jags +12 to +17 with GB -7. also already put a little on Redskins ML at -210 in case it moves. put a little on cowboys -3 because i think cowboys are being disrespected by that line a little.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Yeah it seems like it can be a double edge sword. Obviously taking lines early means you get the best juice or the best line. But at the same time, there are always a ton of injuries and roster moves that are made just before kickoff.

I really like Giants -6 as long as Stephen Jackson is out. But I don't want to touch that bet until he is ruled out officially.

shopbar picks
    shopbar picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22725

Burned too many times by early lines. Too many things can happen. Look at miami/maryland. Fav players usually jump early. And dog players late.

fergie's balls
    fergie's balls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Quote Originally Posted by shopbar picks View Post
    Burned too many times by early lines. Too many things can happen. Look at miami/maryland. Fav players usually jump early. And dog players late.
    Stay away from Giants right now, Tuck and Nicks both might be out. Ugly game.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

It really depends on the teams, matchups, lines and injuries. If the teams had no significant injuries, I like the matchups and the line seems generous, I'll jump on it quick. If there are injuries, I'll wait until the first injury report on Wed. and judge the extent as best as possible keep an eye on practice reports and check the Friday injury reports. I generally like placing bets on Friday nights, but if I feel a line will move favorably or if there are questions on who's starting, I'll wait until closer to game time.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Complete tossup. I like to get lines early, but your so pissed when the line drops. Then you feel compelled to bet the new line too. Then you find out you've been had, and lose both bets.