BookBuster
    BookBuster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1858

BookBuster 12/14/08 Picks

San Diego Chargers (-5.5) vs Kansas City Chiefs (45.5)

The Chargers have a very very small chance to make it to the postseason. They need to win 3 straight to make it to 8-8 and hope that somehow the Denver Broncos lose their final 3 games. The Broncos face a hot Carolina Panthers team coming off a big win against Tampa Bay this Sunday. Which looks like a tough game, then they head home to play a weakened Buffalo squad, then finally coming to Qualcomm to face the Chargers in the season finale.
    Back to the Chargers now. I think they actually have a shot if Denver loses to both Carolina which will probably happen and who needs this win to stay in the lead, and Buffalo. If it does happen the Chargers control their own destiny facing the Broncos at home. I expect them to play this game hard. Even though the Chargers won by only 1 point the last time they faced the chiefs , I think this spread should be at least a touchdown. Kansas city has been playing well as of late but can't seem to finish off their opponents, and yes they are good at forcing turnover's.
    All in all I think the Chargers will have a handful and Phillip Rivers won't be perfect. But i think they have enough to get the job done in Kansas. I see Phillip Rivers throwing at least 2 interceptions, but Kansas City turns the ball over even more losing late again.

Pick: Chargers-5.5
    Final Score Prediction: Chargers 31-17
    Last edited by BookBuster; 12-13-08 at 09:17 AM.

BookBuster

Seattle Seahawks (-2.5) vs St.Louis Rams (43)

May seem like an easy game to cash in on, But to be favored by only -2.5 to 3 isn't much confidence when your playing the Rams. The past 5 of 6 games have gone Under for Seattle. The past 5 of 7 games have gone Under for St.Louis. Both teams are horrible records and can't seem to stop anyone. Seattle is the better team but I wouldn't play them.
    Seattle has averaged 27.5 PPG in the past 10 games dating back to 2004 against St.Louis. St.Louis on the other hand averages 21 PPG against Seattle dating back to 2004 also. The O/U series is 5-5. 5 Over, 5 Under. This time the O/U is a low 43. Playing in St.Louis and in a dome, I expect both teams to score at least 20+. I have always paid attention to these NFC West teams when they get together ever since I've started wagering. Their scores seem to always go over a majority of the time and they seem to be competitive against each other no matter the record and how bad the team is, they always seem to show up when they play each other in a divisional game. I expect this to be an offensive battle as both teams rank in Detroit's league for bad Defenses. Like I said, -2.5 is a little to small but if i had to choose a side, Seattle would be the play. The OVER would be the play for me here.

Pick: Over 43
    Final Score Prediction: Seattle 24-21

More plays to be posted soon...
    Last edited by BookBuster; 12-13-08 at 09:18 AM. Reason: More plays posted soon.

Msquad
    Msquad's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with your Seattle/STL Over. but will stay away from the KC SD game. KC @ home I just never like picking the V going into arrowhead. GL

BookBuster

Yes your right about KC @ Home. I feel they can't hold onto games for a win, and San Diego being in a position to possibly make it into the playoffs. I think if Denver wins or loses, the Chargers will be out for blood. Kansas will come out firing looking like the better team but whatever they're high on will certainly wear off later in the game.

BookBuster

Pittsburgh Steelers (34) vs Baltimore Ravens (-2.5)

It is all about solid defense in this battle in the AFC North. Big Ben hasn't been as impressive as he was during his SuperBowl run. But the Steelers defense has risen up big this season, only surrendering an average of 14 Points per game. On the other hand the offense hasn't been as potent, only generating an average of 22 Points per game.
    Baltimore Ravens may have one of the biggest improvements ever. Their "OFFENSE" since Joe Flacco arrived they haven't had to rely so much on their defense to win games. Don't get them wrong, just because the offense is there doesn't mean their defense has faded. Their defense looks even stronger. Baltimore is favored by only 2.5 because of their homefield advantage. Expect a big crowd to back their birds. This game is too close to call, and it won't be won by the offense. the first to turn over the ball late will regret it as the last team with the ball will control the clock and win the ball game. The total is only 34. With the steelers averaging 22 Points per game and the Ravens averaging 24 Points per game. I think this will be close but will squeek by the total.

Pick: Over 34
    Final Score Prediction: Baltimore 21-17

BookBuster

Detroit Lions (45) vs Indianapolis Colts (-17)

Not much to say here. Indianapolis is hot and Detroit just sinks lower. Culpepper being hurt doesn't help either, not that he makes much of a difference. But whoever replaces him will not do any better. Colt's go on an onslaught and send the Lions to 0-14. I don't see Detroit scoring more than 10 here.

Pick: Indianapolis Colts
    Final Score Prediction: Indianapolis 32-6