poochiecollins
    poochiecollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

How excited Ravens fans should be after Week 1?

I watched the entire game. For those of you who didn't, the score was every bit as representative of what happened on the field: the Ravens crushed the Steelers. Most of the 7 turnovers happened after Baltimore was already up by a lot.

Comments from people pretty familiar with these teams (not just highlight-watchers)?

RAVENSFAN
    RAVENSFAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

Wooooooooooooooooooo! Do I really need to say much more? Lol. We absolutely destroyed them. D was on point as per usual and we shook them down from all angles. Nice to see Ngata, Dickson and Pitta step up also tho. And Evans was looking to make some grabs just got unlucky in a few spots. Amazing game ad couldn't ask for more after the two late season heart breakers last year with the Polamalu strip in the "division decider" and then in the playoffs where the 85yd PI cost us the game
    Ravens all day baby!!! Woooooooooooooo!

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

I'm a steeler fan.. but I wouldn't be over excited as a raven fan, and am not flipping put as a steeler fan... ravens had to hear for 9 months how they couldn't beat the steelers and how they choked in the playoffs.. steelers played poorly 2 of the ints were thrown right to ed reed. And I think 3 or 4 of the turnovers were inside ravens 30, and 2 others gave short fields to the ravens... 21 points off turnovers I believe

Galante118
    Galante118's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 919

i think ravens fans should be really excited. top 5 o-line, top 5 rb, a betterthen average qb, a better then average wr core that should mesh really nice with evans spreading the field, dickson showed me why the ravens got rid of fan favorite todd heap, and a top 5 defense like always. as a jet fan im nervous about the ravens. with that being said next time you play pitt you guys are in for a rough game, going for 2 pts was kinda rubbin it in lol

poochiecollins

Ahhh! What's happening to my team?!

ebbearsfb1

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    I'm a steeler fan.. but I wouldn't be over excited as a raven fan, and am not flipping put as a steeler fan... ravens had to hear for 9 months how they couldn't beat the steelers and how they choked in the playoffs.. steelers played poorly 2 of the ints were thrown right to ed reed. And I think 3 or 4 of the turnovers were inside ravens 30, and 2 others gave short fields to the ravens... 21 points off turnovers I believe
    this

poochiecollins

this
    Coming back to rub it in? :-p If I remember correctly, both of those interceptions to Reed were after the Ravens were already killing them, along with most of the turnovers. I'm glad the Steelers won Week 2 in a blowout, though, as it shows that the Ravens crushed a team that's probably still pretty good, if not elite. Hopefully, the Week 2 loss had a lot to do with Week 1 hangover.

ebbearsfb1

Not rubbing anything in... but I said don't get over exicted first week of the season with a game like that...ravens heard how great the steelers were... so this week was easy case for a let down

poochiecollins

ravens heard how great the steelers were...
    The Ravens have been dealing with good-to-great Steeler teams for years, that's nothing new. Crushing them was new... but Baltimore's crushed many teams over the past decade, just usually mediocre ones, so I don't know. I'll/we'll just have to wait for the season to progress.

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

CB injuries killed us and the offense was flat.

Perfect spot for let down and it happened.