brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

What Surprised You The Most Today???

Cam Newton with 400 yards and a 110 QB Rating...that is just mind blowing to me

I can't wait to see newton face a good defense though cause Arizona's secondary is atrocious (obviously). If newton puts up decent numbers against Greenbay next week and Chicago in week 4, you can consider me a believer

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

Bills putting up 41 at Arrowhead ranks up there today.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Bills putting up 41 at Arrowhead ranks up there today.

I knew the chiefs wouldn't be any good this year though. Every year, about half the playoff teams from the previous year don't make it and the chiefs seemed a prime suspect for that list

but Cam Newton throwing 422 yards, wow just wow

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    I knew the chiefs wouldn't be any good this year though. Every year, about half the playoff teams from the previous year don't make it and the chiefs seemed a prime suspect for that list
    But giving up 41 to the Bills? Good or not, that is a surprise.

I didn't say Cam's performance wasn't surprising, just adding something to it.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

nothing too krazy.. I'm a steeler fan.. not surprised they lost... ravens were hungry for that game, had 9 months to get ready for it... I guess the fact that chiefs, steelers falcons, got completely blown out...

brahmabull117

how about the bears winning by 18 at home against the #1 seed in the NFC last year?

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

Shocked the Browns lost honestly.
    That and the Bills destroying the Chiefs

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

steelers surprised me. and i thought rams were better.

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

Cinci shocked me played well got a W

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    steelers surprised me. and i thought rams were better.
    Rams lost QB, RB and best WR. They are in trouble.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Surprised about the Bills winning in KC, Browns losing at home, and Cam looking good.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Can't believe that the Bengals and Bills beat the Browns and Chiefs.......... on the road. Mind-blowing.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Yeah Browns really screwed me over in a parlay and a teaser. I'm never betting on them again (at least for a while).

Also surprised about that 80 yard pass from Hasselback to Britt. Probably the funniest 80 yard TD pass ever. The force of the hit on Hasselback propelled the ball forward to Britt.

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Definitely Buffalo's blowout win, Cincy with the W, WSH's defense against NYG (who looked feeble at times), Romo's flying headbutt scramble. Entertaining day and came out all right but ATL and CLE cost/surprised me. Cheers

sportfan
    sportfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4449

Cowboys , Romo is amazing haha

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

What surprised me the most, to be honest, was how accurate the evaluation was that the NFL is a league of errors. (ok, that was my own evaluation). To the point where the league has become a joke. Every single game I saw in week 1 was decided by big mistakes. It started with the Saints at the 1 for the last play of the game (after coughing up the ball on their first possession), and the SNF game with Romo (LOL) finding a way to lose was just the icing on the cake. In between we saw the Steelers turn the ball over 7 times, Arizona get zero points out of trips to the 4 and 5 yard line, the Kerry Collins fiasco in Houston, on and on it went. If I could take action on one league, it would definitely be the NFL.

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Rams lost QB, RB and best WR. They are in trouble.
    Bradford x-rays negative. MRI today. His middle finger was numb. MD's say there IS nerve damage. He could be OK today, or out for the yr. Could be an epic disaster. WTF does nerve damage mean??? TBD.
    Jackson has pulled quad. Have to think he is out for a few weeks, though he might be OK. HUGE LOSS if he is out for 4-6 weeks. TBD.
    Amendola dislocated elbow, out several weeks, but he is NOT best WR, he was just the only guy Rams had last yr, so he caught a lot of 4 yd passes. He is NOT a major loss.
    LT Jason Smith, high ankle sprain, out several weeks, TBD. Big loss if 3-5 weeks or more.

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Biggest shock was Steelers, 7 pts.
    KC's Cassel had bad ribs and KC was LUCKY as hell last yr, overrated, and Buffalo is coming along.
    Newton's yards were against a TERRBLE AZ defense.
    Atlanta loss not surprising, they are a dome team, BIG home Bears opening game... Julio Jones is OVERRATED, they paid too much for him... he will be injured 1/2 the time.
    Cincy's Daulton is solid, smart rookie, no mistakes, Cleveland is inconsistent as hell. Never know with them.
    Giants with 5 defensive starters out, + some others... Skins actually are better off with Grossman, look, McNabb had 28 passing yards yesterday, so home win is not a big shocker against Giants.