BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Talkin NFL week 1

STL+4.5 -115 (bodog)....Is phi the better team? prob. will phi have the better season in the end? more than likely. does that mean shit in this game? doubtful. STL is catching the "dream team"at about the best time possible, with Vick and co not looking in sync as of yet, a defense with a lot of new parts and serious question marks at lb, a patchwork o-line with a rookie starting center in the dome.

Spags is one of the more gifted defensive minds in the nfl and he knows this phi team very well, with the question marks along the o-line i look for him to be able to create some confusion and serious problems for Vick at times. cant sit here and act like phi wont make some plays as that would be ignorant as stl certainly vulnerable to that speed on the outside, that said for the most part i believe rams will keep this team playing between the 20's not allowing the huge plays.

Rams should control both lines of scrimmage in this gm and that still goes a long way in this league. Sjax and that o-line should get the run game working early and often which will open things up quite a bit for one of the better OC in the nfl. I know phi has all these superstar corners but not sure how much good they will be while rams are carving up the middle of the field, kendricks is a matchup nightmare and Bradford will spread it around to everyone while controlling the clock.

I see all these folks saying eagles are coming to the dome and blowing stl out of the water and while that is not outside the realm of possibility (like i said the outside speed and vick are a issue) i just do not see it here. think we get a very competitive gm in the 23-20 range....

pit/bal ov 36...let me start by saying before last year you would be hard pressed to find me playing a over but times are changing in the NFL (for better or worse its just the way it is). think we see both teams come out and showcase passing games more than expected here, both secondaries can be exploited at times and with all of Big Bens weapons on the outside if pit decides to throw it around im not sure Cameron has any choice but to let Flacco loose and see what happens. The edition of Lee evans hasnt been talked about much but i believe he is huge for the Ravens as he is the most legit deep threat that Flacco has ever had and should open up the underneath for Boldin Rice and co. Yes both d's are good/ great and in a way this helps as you can almost pencil in a defensive score or at least a few defensive plays that set up scores. Last thing to me is i gotta wonder how beneficial it would be to either team to play the kind of game we have grown to expect from them in week one of a shortened off-season, seems to me they both be better served saving the slobberknocker till later in the season after both teams d's are dialed in. 24-23 someone.

Buf/kc un 40....a little scared of unders in the nfl these days but this was the one that jumped out to me. Chiefs offense takes a huge hit with Wies out of the picture imho, while the d should continue to improve under Cronell. This game has that ugly feel to it, race to 20 as that will be plenty to win this game.

Skins +3 -120....G-men got some problems, they banged the hell up everywhere on the defensive side. Wash got some upside here for sure, one of the 1st gms i liked (not saying much). Hightower is a nice fit (for now anyway), Shanny has this teams attention early much like last year when skins beat dal, the way he went about camp id expect Grossman to be solid in this offense (for now anyway,lol) On the defensive side you got another year under a good Cord and some talented players up against the int throwing manning who lost his security blankets in the offseason. Skins lb's limit the running game, do a decent enough job on the beast on the outside (manningham and nicks are both studs, no denying that) and find a way to do nyg like they did dal last year in the opener 21-20....

That all i got, it week one of a strange year so who the hell knows. Certainly wouldnt get crazy this week but think these are solid enough to play for .5 each to have some action. Would like a 5th game but ive been back and forth on what it will be, lean zona but not sure i can stomach laying 7 with them.

Like always thoughts/comments appreciated. GL to everyone ....
    Last edited by BigDan; 09-11-11 at 08:06 AM.

BigDan

really want a 5th game so im open for suggestions. considering zona-7, sf/sea un 37.5, tb or the over in that gm?????? not sure really just like a odd number of games.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

what's up big dan. i too am looking to add a 5th play before i leave for the Browns game. currently on:

3* Titans +2
    2* Ravens pk
    2* Colts/Texans under 43'
    2* Vikings/Chargers over 41'

considering Rams, DET/TB over, NYG/WAS under

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    what's up big dan. i too am looking to add a 5th play before i leave for the Browns game. currently on:

3* Titans +2
    2* Ravens pk
    2* Colts/Texans under 43'
    2* Vikings/Chargers over 41'

considering Rams, DET/TB over, NYG/WAS under

what up brother, hope you did well yesterday as i worked all day then went out so didnt even have a chance to stop by your thread. that ND game was brutal

you know i like the rams (which sounds strange even saying), Spags/Mcdainels have lots of things they can exploit in this game i believe. that det/tb over looks appealing for sure (might be my 5th). like skins to much to play that total, then again i loved the irish yesterday ...

Have fun at the game....

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    what up brother, hope you did well yesterday as i worked all day then went out so didnt even have a chance to stop by your thread. that ND game was brutal you know i like the rams (which sounds strange even saying), Spags/Mcdainels have lots of things they can exploit in this game i believe. that det/tb over looks appealing for sure (might be my 5th). like skins to much to play that total, then again i loved the irish yesterday ... Have fun at the game....
    started well, another rough Saturday night (ND and NIU, though at least BYU under was a winner). 5-4 +3.3u for the week, 12-8 +8.3u season, can't complain. time to put a hurtin on the NFL, though. going to make either DET/TB over or Rams my 5th play, will decide soon and head to tailgates.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    started well, another rough Saturday night (ND and NIU, though at least BYU under was a winner). 5-4 +3.3u for the week, 12-8 +8.3u season, can't complain. time to put a hurtin on the NFL, though. going to make either DET/TB over or Rams my 5th play, will decide soon and head to tailgates.

up is always good. only played 2 games one being nd and the other was actually the byu/tex under.

If you can still get 4 or better id go stl but i like both.

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11153

Best of luck BigDan. I am with you on the Rams.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by MexicanStallion View Post
    Best of luck BigDan. I am with you on the Rams.

glad to hear it. gl to you as well mex.

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

good luck today, gentlemen!

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Good luck BD Liking STL as well but now down to 3.5 probably will pass but seems like the right side. I like the over in that game and may play that instead. I think both teams will be able to score. Also like that under in Buf/KC game but I try to avoid unders at beginning of season, might take the Bills with the points there. Think KC is going to take a step back this year.

So far I have played Det/TB Over 41, Browns -2/ Ravens +5 (+107 5pt teaser). Leaning Cards -6.5(Maybe teasing 5 with SF), Rams over, Titans, Buff +5(maybe ML)

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    up is always good. only played 2 games one being nd and the other was actually the byu/tex under. If you can still get 4 or better id go stl but i like both.
    officially going with Lions/Bucs over 2*. off to Browns game, BOL today, fellas.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by HOT WINGS View Post
    Good luck BD Liking STL as well but now down to 3.5 probably will pass but seems like the right side. I like the over in that game and may play that instead. I think both teams will be able to score. Also like that under in Buf/KC game but I try to avoid unders at beginning of season, might take the Bills with the points there. Think KC is going to take a step back this year.

So far I have played Det/TB Over 41, Browns -2/ Ravens +5 (+107 5pt teaser). Leaning Cards -6.5(Maybe teasing 5 with SF), Rams over, Titans, Buff +5(maybe ML)

honestly i wouldnt play stl with less than 4 i dont think. even tho i think they are more than capable of pulling the upset it is a lot to ask, really like the hook in this game at 4.5...still on the fence with tb/det over but certainly seems right..i hear you with avoiding unders 1st of year, hell it came to a point last season where i avoided them period but they in my blood so i gotta play one every now and again.

like your teaser, i thought the rams/eagles total was right on so it was a easy pass. i wanna play Cards bad but just dont trust them.

BOL today brother.

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!
    borednaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

BD & Co glad to see we are carrying this from mlb to the Nfl. I really like Az @ home against the panthers, but a touch down lead? I layed the chalk @-270 I want to win today to make up for another college burial.

I took the browns the same way. Im also on both overs. I see cam netwon putting up 7-14pts with Azs horrible D & we know Kolb/Fitz are good for 21. Throw in a feild goal or two & we have an over.

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Quote Originally Posted by HOT WINGS View Post

Added Rams Over 43.5, Buff +5 and Bears +110. Thats it for early games for me. GL everyone