BigTuna
    BigTuna's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1010

Saints -3 at Bears on Thursday

Lets break this down!

Have watched Chicago all year and not sure if there D can contain the NO passing game. Bears will have to blitz to put pressure on Brees and this could leave the middle of field wide open for the Saints to throw wild.

Saints are a terrible road team. Weather may not be that much of a factor. Just heard on radio that it supposed to be 35 and 10 to 15 mph winds. The playing surface at Soldier field is a concern......

What do you guys think....
    1. Are the Saints that bad of a road team?
    2. Can you count on Chicago magic (turnovers and such) that usually happen on primetime games?

Can't figure this one out......

bostonbruins
    bostonbruins's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's Saints +3

1. No
    2. Let's hope not

OTA
    OTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigTuna View Post
    Lets break this down!

Have watched Chicago all year and not sure if there D can contain the NO passing game. Bears will have to blitz to put pressure on Brees and this could leave the middle of field wide open for the Saints to throw wild.

Saints are a terrible road team. Weather may not be that much of a factor. Just heard on radio that it supposed to be 35 and 10 to 15 mph winds. The playing surface at Soldier field is a concern......

What do you guys think....
    1. Are the Saints that bad of a road team?
    2. Can you count on Chicago magic (turnovers and such) that usually happen on primetime games?

Can't figure this one out......

The Saints are 1-5 on the road this year with the only victory coming against Kansas City.

The Saints defense has given up 20 or more points on the road.

The Saints have played Chicago the last two years at Soldier Field.

In 2006 Saints played in January, NFC championship. Saints lose 39-14

In 2007 Saints played late December in Soldier Field.. Saints lose 33-25.

Saints defense is basically playing with backups in the secondary.

I just don't see this trend reversing itself thursday night.

bostonbruins
    bostonbruins's Avatar Become A Pro!

3 of those Saints 5 losses were decided by an average of 3 points
    The Bears defense gives up 20+ points at home
    What happened in 06 and 07 means nothing now
    Last edited by bostonbruins; 12-10-08 at 08:48 AM.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

I don't see how this game doesn't fly over 45 points! The trends are ridiculous in favor of a higher scoring game! The Bears are 18-6 Over at home in the last 3 yrs....the Saints are 10-2 Over in the last 3 yrs vs a winning team! The weather in Chicago is what it is this time of year but it didn't stop these 2 teams from scoring 53 and 58 pts in 2007 in Chicago and both were played in Dec/Jan weather! I like the Bears side as well but their 28th rated pass defense is going to struggle in this one! I watch the Bears almost every week and safety Mike Brown is slow as hell....just a shadow of his former self at safety...too many season ending injuries over the years! Their pass rush is spotty and Pierre Thomas tore them up last time (100+ rushing & receiving)! Reggie Bush is back and available as well! Kyle Orton is actually providing the Bears w/a actual passing game and they won't have much trouble w/the Saints 26th rated pass defense! Matt Forte should get 150 total yds and a TD too! Keeping an eye on the weather but Over still looks strong!!

Bears 30
    Saints 24

whatdafuxup
    whatdafuxup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 692

The Bears secondary is suspect to big plays (99 yard td to the Vikings) and I don't see that changing against the pass happy offense of the Saints. The Bears have also some scoring of their own. If the weather is decent, I like the over on this one.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

weather shouldn't be too big of a deal... 20ish.. not too much wind 5-10 maybe... and only 10% chance of precipitation.

Thing that scares me about an over is that the bears have absolutely no receivers....

Hester is not a number 1 not even a number 2 really... Booker is out.

Lloyd and Davis have done nothing the 2nd half.... Forte and Olsen are the go to guys..... not sure that is enough

Mr Handicapable

Projected weather for tomorrow night: Possible flurries, low of 19 degrees, 10-20 MPH winds! I don't see a few flurries or temperature in the 20s slowing these offenses that much? When they overhauled Soldier Field they raised the walls to knock down some of the wind and I think 18-6 Over at home in the last 3 years (w/Grossman at QB) means they succeeded!

Mr Handicapable

I know what you mean about the Bears WRs....I'm a Bears fan and is pissed me off when they let Berrian walk to the Vikings! He was the only decent receiver they had?? However, the Saints have such a grab bag of scrubs on defense that Orton should be fine...they'll have enough problems stopping Matt Forte! Brees has thrown 14 Ints this year too so the Bears may snag a few?

JWpickem
    JWpickem's Avatar Become A Pro!

BIG Tuna SAINTS OR THE RIGHT SIDE TAKE IT TO THTE BANK GL

guru-t
    guru-t's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lets get it JW!!!!!$