seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by VicVega91 View Post
    When I first saw the thread I thought it was a joke, but you are frickin serious !?!? Please stop doing the drugs and come back to reality.
    Why did you think this was a joke? Who else in any sport or industry would be paid the highest salary while under contract and undergoing a career threatening surgery? Please name anyone.

815Sox
    815Sox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Even if he is the face of the NFL (he is a major figure, but he is aging and new faces are starting to establish themselves) it still doesn't mean that the NFL is somehow in some league wide conspiratorial collusion. Major players get injured. Manning doesn't seem like the one to want to sit it out. The Colts were probably feeling optimistic, but than received additional information. I don't remember exactly what it is, but a few weeks ago I remember some information came out that tests had shown that Manning's medical issue could have life long effects if he does play.

In today's world, we find out stuff almost as soon as coaching staffs do (or at least most of the time we do).

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Anyone still doesn't believe that the Colts are in the Suck for Luck sweepstakes? Why even play Keg Collins another down and win a game?

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    If indeed it is over, why throw away this season getting Collins two weeks ago. Are they going for the Luck Lotto?
    Ding ding ding

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

can Peyton still do those oreo eating challenges?

would be tough to get 53 players in on the throw games for Luck idea though. More than half of them are competing for jobs next year with the Colts or elsewhere. you only get one chance to make that NFL money and you only have like less than 5 years to get it. If you play bad in some of you 16 yearly games, your chances for making a roster, $, and getting a contract go down.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    can Peyton still do those oreo eating challenges?

With his neck injury??? Are you crazy? The guy could get paralyzed.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    don't get me started on conspiracy theories...

They make everyone interview minority coaches, so obviously the make them hire minority coaches..

SO...

If they are making them hire minority coaches, they must be making them start minority Quarterbacks..

If you think guys like Jim Caldwell are NFL coach material, then you are crazy...

If you think Tavaris Jackson or David Garrard are NFL Caliber QB's, then you're crazy...

IT IS A BUSINESS!!!!
    yes.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Quote Originally Posted by Naz18 View Post
    Wow you really think the Colts are that bad without Manning....get real. Indy have a great offense...heck Tim Tebow could start for them and they would still win a few games.
    Ok, I'll get real.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

From year to year in the nfl, like no other pro sport. We see huge drop offs or huge jumps on profuction on individual and team performance. Impossible to say how the colts would have been with peyton

First 12