ClimbSomeRocks
    ClimbSomeRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Did the Saints prove that they will not be a playoff team?

Plain and simple, their offensive line lost the game last night. If they can't get their problems straightened out it will be a rough season. I expect to see a lot of sacks and a good amount of interceptions. Think about the packers season 2-3 years ago when Rodgers had no pass protection. Also, the play calling was garbage. If they can't get 1 yard on the goal line, how did they expect to convert the 2pt conversion? I saw far too many poor play calls on 3rd down.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

They have some work to do. Even with all of that though, they were 1 yard away from having a shot to tie the game.

The Packers secondary didn't look good either, they got chewed up. Aside from their D-Line, they have work to do on defense as well.

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Shootouts happen, especially when you're up against Rodgers when he's on his A-game.

If anything, I'm giving the Saints more credit coming out of this game than I did going in. I wasn't too high on Ingram/Sproles, but they looked amazing.

The fourth and goal and third and 1 (the one with all the motion and obvious play-action) calls were weird though. I'm used to seeing better from Sean Payton. Even with those blown calls, Saints still hung 37 on a top defense. They're going to look like a toned down version of the '07 colts imo.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Two of the best QB's in the game last night squared off in Rodgers and Brees. The Saints will be fine, still see them winning their division over the Falcons and Bucs.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Two talented teams.

First game of season.

Compounded with shortened offseason.

I wouldn't give up on the Saints just yet... [though, the rumor of a serious Colston injury certainly wouldn't help them]

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    [though, the rumor of a serious Colston injury certainly wouldn't help them]
    Was he the one that looked like he had hurt his shoulder/arm at the end of the game? One of the Saints WR's was.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Was he the one that looked like he had hurt his shoulder/arm at the end of the game? One of the Saints WR's was.
    That is he, yes. No surprise that he'd get banged up though...

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedore View Post
    Two of the best QB's in the game last night squared off in Rodgers and Brees. The Saints will be fine, still see them winning their division over the Falcons and Bucs.

Agreed

I said to myself if the Saints keep within fighting distance of scoring with the Packers they will be considered a playoff caliber team and they did more than just that. I expect New Orleans, Atlanta, Green Bay and Philadelphia to all have play off spots locked up come early December.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    That is he, yes. No surprise that he'd get banged up though...
    Broken collarbone.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Is this a serious question?? they did practically whatever they wanted on that gb defense, just as gb did to them... One fluke first quarter fumble shifted the game to gb... could have gone either way...

Does this mean that GB is not a playoff team?

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Saints have nothing to worry about. With the spread offense and how quick Brees gets rid of the ball they will be fine. Saw a lot of sloppy tackling out there which should be expected in week 1 and no offseason. Surprised there weren't more penalties though.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

It's waaaaayyyyyy too early to start talking about the playoff picture. Lets see how the Bucs & Falcons do, that div only gets 2.