Coming Back!
    Coming Back!'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Football makes zero sense! For real!!!

I'm not being a sore loser, I did lose a lot on the Saints. Think about this, the Packers, up until their last possession had the ball 7 times and scored 5 TDs. 5. No field goals, TDs. Near Perfect. The Saints were bumbling all over the place, how in the world were they a few plays away from winning that game. How? On the Packers last possession they had to change their offense into some clock managing bs. And you knew they would. But, why? If they would of stayed out of the gun NO, never would of even gotten the ball back. It really makes no sense. Anybody who thinks handicapping is anything but luck (for the most part) is sadly mistaken. The idea that NO was 1 yard away from covering that game, in which they were dominated from the outset is completely mind boggling yo me. They actually could of lost. I don't need an ESPN expert to tell me that this shit makes sense. Because it does not!

Machine Choice
    Machine Choice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2736

They were at the 1-yard line because of a bogus pass interference. Matthews came clean at the ball and didn't even touch the defender and yet he was called for the penalty.

Poetic justice.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

The Saints aren't out of a game even when down 2 TDs, this is not the case for most NFL teams. This is probably your confusion.

YOUNGBUCK
    YOUNGBUCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5189

Quote Originally Posted by Machine Choice View Post
    They were at the 1-yard line because of a bogus pass interference. Matthews came clean at the ball and didn't even touch the defender and yet he was called for the penalty.

Poetic justice.
    Aj Hawk

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Football is a game of mistakes. This one had far more than I cared to see. That the Saints, without any defense to speak of, could have won this game in the end tells the whole story. 'Everything' went wrong for them, and they were still right there. The early turnover that cost them 7 pts, the insane kickoff return where the returner summersaulted and continued his run to a TD, no points from 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 in the red zone. Insane. The pass interference was not only the correct call at the end, but the play took a sure TD off the board for the Saints. Their final mistake killed the Saints. The play call on the Packers 1 yard line. I agree that a game like this is a roll of the dice, but not all games are like this. In football a relatively high percentage of games comes down to luck and this was one of them. For bettors it goes with the territory. At the same time, the Saints can only blame themselves for not winning this game. One too many mistakes. Packers played a cleaner game. Saints took far more risk, but were forced to do so by the early scoreline. The play that turned the game on its head was the early turnover. After seeing the game I would still say that the Saints would cover the spread 6 out of 10 times. Packers backers may think themselves geniuses, but that goes with the territory as well. One game at a time.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 09-09-11 at 07:23 AM.

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

Glad you folks could see a game last night. The f*cking clowns that run our power system (SDG&E) screwed it up and it was down until sometime this morning. 1.4 million households and businesses were out of power. Town was in gridlock.

But the worst was NO F'ING GAME TO WATCH.

Damn their black souls.