frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

The Official 2011 Strictly Denver Broncos football thread

Okay folks, I'm back for another run posting nothing but strictly Denver Broncos football in the thread. I'll be giving my guess on both the point spread and total for the entire season. I've have watched virtually every Broncos games since 1996, so my knowledge on this team vast and better homer's perspective on things to come this year.

Monday Football September 12, 2011 Broncos Vs. Raiders

Broncos -3
    Going with the home team winning the opener here. The Broncos were embarrassed by the Raiders twice with that injury plague defense last year, including a 59-10 @ss whooping in Mile high courtesy of the Silver and Black. We'll this defense is much better this time around, now that they have the dual power punch linebackers Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil on defense. I also like the way the 1st unit looked so far under Orton, so I can see them scoring a few touchdowns. The Broncos will remember those two ugly losses year, and will treat this game like it's the wildcard against the most hated team in the AFC West.

Over 40 points
    Like over in this game. The Broncos should score. How good the Broncos defense will be is still unknown, so I'll give Jesse Campbell and co the benefit of the doubt in dropping at least 20 points.

fergie's balls
    fergie's balls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Hey Frost - what's your fantasy opinion of the young wr broncos got(I'm too lazy to look up name) , played well last year, physical freakish dude, got injured I think last year. Worth fostering as a no3 wr in standard 3rd leagues?

frostno98

Quote Originally Posted by fergie's balls View Post
    Hey Frost - what's your fantasy opinion of the young wr broncos got(I'm too lazy to look up name) , played well last year, physical freakish dude, got injured I think last year. Worth fostering as a no3 wr in standard 3rd leagues?
    Demaryius Thomas. If dude don't get injure again, he could be a surprise with how talented he already is. He might be out for the opener verses the Raiders though.

Pete0
    --------------------
    Pete0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Glad to see you are back !!

Good luck this year !!

mstone897
    mstone897's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

Just moved to Colorado Springs from the East Coast. Might as well develop an interest in the Broncos while I'm here. I'm with you on Denver on MNF. Already got -3 locked in. Shout out to my Hokie Eddie Royal!!!!

raidersfan
    raidersfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

dont be dissapointed fellas when the Raiders take this one

gshock1
    gshock1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

Quote Originally Posted by raidersfan View Post
    dont be dissapointed fellas when the Raiders take this one
    Don't see this happening.

dodger33
    Kershnasty
    dodger33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

They running a 3-4 or 4-3? Their defense may be better but they didn't address their #1 issue, run d. Oakland should have no problem running all over them. Only way I see Denver winning is them jumping out to an early lead and forcing the Raiders to throw. If they go 4-3 they are just fvcked, Dumerville is way to small to play end. Miller is a beast and will help out significantly with pass rush but don't see him helping stop the run. What do you think Frostno?

frostno98

Quote Originally Posted by dodger33 View Post
    They running a 3-4 or 4-3? Their defense may be better but they didn't address their #1 issue, run d. Oakland should have no problem running all over them. Only way I see Denver winning is them jumping out to an early lead and forcing the Raiders to throw. If they go 4-3 they are just fvcked, Dumerville is way to small to play end. Miller is a beast and will help out significantly with pass rush but don't see him helping stop the run. What do you think Frostno?
    I really don't know what to expect from them tonight, but John Fox will keep these guys motivated, especially it being a Monday home game opener. Unlike Josh McDaniels, who had no freaking clue when they were down 21-7 last year at home. I believe this is a better team from last year, and those dual Linebackers(Doom/Miller) should be able to keep up with the Raiders offense to an extent. I don't think Denver's offense will have no problem scoring though, with Willie Mcgahee taking pressure off Kyle Orton this year.

dodger33
    Kershnasty
    dodger33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

No run d. Denver is in for a long year if they can't stop the run. Granted Oakland has one of the best defensive lines the Broncos still have issues up front on the offensive line.

AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN
    Go CARDS!!!
    AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Over was a good call, but if you can't stop the RUN you will LOSE. That was the problem both times they played last year, and it was the case again tonight. I will be keeping my eyes on this thread. Broncos have a lot of changes that need to be made to even begin to hink about winning 8 games this year.

BOL

frostno98

September 18, 2011 Sunday Broncos Vs Bengals

Broncos -4.5

I'm still disgusted from what happened on Monday. Broncos had an opportunity to cover late but didn't against the Raiders. I'm going to the ride the Broncos again at home here. I'm just not convinced the Bengals is a team good enough to win back to back road games. The Broncos defense played decent overall against Oakland before wearing out late in the 4th. Fortunately the Bengals Cedric Benson is not quite the running back Darren McFadden is, so the Broncos D should fair better against their weakness on Sunday. The Broncos can't run, but they can still pass at will in the spread formation. If Orton can quit making bonehead plays, and be more efficient in the Redzone, Denver should be able to get a 10 point lead against the Bengals.

Over 40 points
    Taking over again. The Broncos had 11 games out of 16 that went over in the 2010 season. Since they still don't have a running game, I'm expecting the Broncos to continue to start passing more and use their running backs off of screens instead.

Y.T.D Record
    ATS 0-1
    Points Total 1-0

frostno98

September 25, 2011 Sunday Broncos at Titans

Broncos +7
    Trying the Broncos again, three weeks in a row now. I don't think Tennessee has proven themselves enough to suddenly be a 7 points favorite. If Chris Johnson was 100% his old self then I'll have no problem, riding the Titans since they would be exploiting the Broncos weakness on the D. The Broncos secondary filled with a bunch of inexperience players played well against Andy Dalton, except for giving up an 84 yard catch and run pass late in the game. If Champ Bailey can go, it will only bolstered that unit.

Under 42
    If John Fox is trying to implement the offense I think he's doing, this game should go low. It appears that Fox is sticking the run more, especially with a big lead or when the game is close. With Mcgahee proving that he can still run the ball, mustering out 101 yards last week, Fox is more reluctant to pass now. Also the Broncos are still not trust worthy in the Redzone, with Orton still having to prove that he can zip the ball into tight coverage when the field is much more crammed in.

Y.T.D Record
    ATS 0-2
    Points Total 2-0

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Quote Originally Posted by mstone897 View Post
    Just moved to Colorado Springs from the East Coast. Might as well develop an interest in the Broncos while I'm here. I'm with you on Denver on MNF. Already got -3 locked in. Shout out to my Hokie Eddie Royal!!!!
    Me too ! i came from VA to the springs, then got out of the Army and moved to Northglenn. i coach peewee football up here lol

frostno98

October 3, 2011 Sunday Broncos at Packers

Packers -12
    Rolling with the champs in a big ugly win here. The Broncos will finally get Champ Bailey and Elvis Dumervil back for this game. I don't believe that will be enough to prevent a blow out by the Packers though. Denver's passed defense is atrocious. Both Tennessee and Oakland had a chance to win big against Denver, but they committed way too many penalties(10-15). Those 3 points the Denver loss by are very deceptive, because the Broncos shouldn't even be in that game. You could also rely on Kyle Orton doing something stupid a few times, giving an already good Packers offense more easy scores.

Under 46
    I don't think the Broncos will do much scoring in this game, without help via turnovers. I expect John Fox to continue to pound the rock into submission with Mcgahee just to keep this game close with clock management. Since the best chance they have against Green Bay would be to keep them off field, which Fox would be gladly to obliged with his conservative style of football. I don't expect Denver to do much offensively, since they still got alot of issue's in the Redzone. I'm expecting a 34-9 Packers win.

Y.T.D Record
    ATS 1-2
    Points Total 3-0

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1902

Green Bay money line for sure.

frostno98

October 9, 2011 Sunday Broncos vs Chargers

Broncos +4
    Have a weird feeling in this game that Broncos might just cover, if not just win it. The Chargers are a prolific passing team, but they are not the Packers. Despite the trouncing Green Bay did on Denver, the Broncos offense was able to move the ball at will against them. Untimely turnovers in the Redzone, made that Packers game uglier than it seems. I don't trust the Chargers defense in this one to protect a lead bigger than 3 points on the road, after already seeing them struggle with the Chiefs and Dolphins at home. I can either see Denver winning straight up or doing a backdoor cover if the Chargers are up only by 10 in garbage time.

Over 45.5
    I have no idea why the opening total line dropped from 47 to 45.5 by Thursday. If the under covers somehow great, but the right play is taking the over. I don't see any way the Chargers don't get at least 21-24 points in the game against that horrid Denver secondary. While the Broncos, which is equally good at airing it out, don't 21-24 points themselves. I'm expecting 24-28 type game here.

Y.T.D Record
    ATS 2-2
    Points Total 3-1

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Tebow tried to save your bet !

loopydude11
    meh
    loopydude11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 339

you can't lose this week!

frostno98

October 21, 2011 Sunday Broncos at Dolphins

Broncos +1
    Two terrible teams playing, one teams in disarray and the other are rejuvenated. Dolphins playing on a short week verses a well rested Denver team, with two Key receivers back in Demaryius Thomas and Eddie Royal. Both are good possession receivers, which could help Tebow out. The Broncos are also pumped up with Tebow, will see how this energy in Miami. Matt Moore will also be the weakest QB the Broncos is going to face so far this season, so this should even favored Denver more, now that Champ Bailey's healthy again.

Under 41.5
    Playing the Under, or not play. The Dolphins defense is somewhat, and should be able to limit the Broncos ability to strike quick with Tebow. I'm also expecting a classic John Fox smash mouth conservative football here.

Y.T.D Record
    ATS 2-3
    Points Total 4-1

frostno98

October 30, 2011 Sunday Broncos at Dolphins

Detriot Lions -3
    Like the Lions here if Stafford is playing. The Broncos defense are not good enough to contain a decent passing Lions offense all day. As pitiful as the Dolphins offense was, they were able to move the ball effectively against the Broncos in the 2nd half. Scheffler, Titus Young, Megatron, and Jahvid, is probably most explosive offense Denver had face this. This might be ugly for the Broncos.

Over 41.5
    The Lions will score at least 24 points in this game, will the Broncos play their part. If the Broncos can somehow get into the Redzone, a touchdown is virtually a guaranteed because of the Tebow factor. I can see Denver supplementing 20 points of their own here.

Y.T.D Record
    ATS 3-3
    Points Total 5-1

frostno98

Sunday November 6, 2011 Broncos at Raiders

Raider -7

Over 41.5

YTD
    ATS 4-3

Points Total 6-1

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Bronco's ML today... Da Faiders are going down like a street hooker.

Mac4Lyfe

Tebow and McGahee just shitted on the entire Raider defense.

Tebow with 117 yards rushing and McGahee with 163. Wow. Nice Tebow sucks chants in the 1st half too
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SportsPedagogy

frostno98

Great win by Denver. Wow, McGahee has been solid all season, didn't expect him to go insane like that fresh off of an injury. The Dynamic duo of him and Tebow is going to be interesting to watch. I DVR that game, and going to being watching it again.

Mac4Lyfe

Frost - I still think McCoy is clueless on the playcalling. When he opens it up and let's Tebow pass on 1st down, they move up and down the field. When he gets into his run first, run second, QB draw run on third, they stink up the place. He needs to call a better game, especially plays to slow up the pass rush. This team has issues at a lot of positions (QB isn't one of them IMO) but when they are motivate, they seem to step up to the occasion which points to coaching. Fox is too conservative, he needs to act like there's nothing to lose.

frostno98

Surprised no one has been tailing any of my plays. Point Spread Picks is only 4-4, but I am fuking crushing the totals picks at 7-1 now!

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1902

Nice totals.