Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Rex Grossman gets the nod at QB for the Skins.

I love how some of these players linger in the NFL. I would trade for Brady Quinn than go with Grossman as my starter.

Dax
    Formerly known as the Linesman!
    Dax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

I think the Shanahans might be losing it... one dumb move after another...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: LostBankroll

jollyoscars
    jollyoscars's Avatar Become A Pro!

im interested to see how sexy rexy does

Dax
    Formerly known as the Linesman!
    Dax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

Quote Originally Posted by jollyoscars View Post
    im interested to see how sexy rexy does

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Thought they were set on Beck. I guess we will see them flip flopping all year.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

will be a better team than expected, not a bad move

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    will be a better team than expected, not a bad move
    Skins Wins under. Book it

Sniperpicks
    Sniperpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

BECK has oddly been a money player from college into the NFL as i have seen, in BYU he was crazy good at the cover

at miami when he started the 2h in preseason he was like 3-0 in covers and he got several covers for miami also including games v philly and steelers wet field fest , this preseason he is money again

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

man this forum is so clueless its not even funny
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dax

chrisharvard01
    chrisharvard01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

I'd rather have BECK

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR

Quote Originally Posted by chrisharvard01 View Post
    I'd rather have BECK

you'd rather have beck, a guy who struggled to move the ball as a starter against 2nd/3rd stringers vs grossman, a guy who tore it up against 1st teamers all preseason and was on fire most of 2010 opportunities and is a gunslinger with 8 years experience and is at the peak of his career?

i really dont think some people here actually watch games.

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

The NY defensive front will obviously cause problems for WSH's O-line, but if they can get some max-protection working that NY secondary can be exploited....and yes even by Flex Grossman. WSH's defense is going to be good and Manning looks clueless without Boss/Smith. I think there is sneaky value on WSH, especially at anything over +3.

Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2069

Quote Originally Posted by 4TH AND STUPID View Post
    you'd rather have beck, a guy who struggled to move the ball as a starter against 2nd/3rd stringers vs grossman, a guy who tore it up against 1st teamers all preseason and was on fire most of 2010 opportunities and is a gunslinger with 8 years experience and is at the peak of his career?

Grossman has never and will never get credit for the good that he does but everyone loves to pile on him for the bad. I'll take Grossman in a heartbeat over Beck or Brady Quinn.

chrisharvard01
    chrisharvard01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

Rex can really come through in the clutch!

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RTk7NJhGr_s" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="345" width="560"></iframe>

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Rex sounds awesome according to you. He's a "Gunslinger" that has just as many interceptions in his career as he does touchdowns.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

lifelong skins fan. shanahan has to go.

redskins looked great in the preaseason- they will be a surprise team. they'll beat the giants by 14 no matter who the QB is. they're going to be a running team with a couple of very reliable pass receivers in moss and cooley.

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Terrible decision Rex Grossman has never performed at or above average in his career, Beck looked solid in the pre-season and was solid at BYU. These NFL coaches need to get some balls sometimes and stop playing QB's just because the idiot coaches before him choose that QB to be their starter.

Bob Loblaw

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post
    Terrible decision Rex Grossman has never performed at or above average in his career, Beck looked solid in the pre-season and was solid at BYU. These NFL coaches need to get some balls sometimes and stop playing QB's just because the idiot coaches before him choose that QB to be their starter.

Grossman's been to a superbowl, Beck has never won a game in the NFL

Grossman is starting over Beck because he has outplayed him both right now and in the past. Simple as that.

Bogart45
    Bogart45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4509

man this forum is so clueless its not even funny
    exactly, it's a perfect example of what boneheads football fans are and a perfect example of why I barely come here anymore. Grossman is clearly the better choice and it's not even a question.

It doesn't matter how bad Rex has played in his career, because the other option (Beck) has played even worse.

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

shanahan knows more about Beck and Grossman than us posters do. Yes we my know more about who is better against the spread , but Shanahan prolly has alot more info on who should start. Plus a coach's job is on the line practically every year.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Sexy Rexy!!

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post

Grossman's been to a superbowl, Beck has never won a game in the NFL

Grossman is starting over Beck because he has outplayed him both right now and in the past. Simple as that.
    Beck played 5 games as a rookie on the 2nd worst team in NFL history and you are basing his skills on that

Grossman went to a superbowl on the back of a very good Chicago Bears team with a solid defense besides that 1 season he has not started more than 7 games in a season in 8 years in the league.

Rex Grossman is a bum

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyk1133 View Post
    The NY defensive front will obviously cause problems for WSH's O-line, but if they can get some max-protection working that NY secondary can be exploited....and yes even by Flex Grossman. WSH's defense is going to be good and Manning looks clueless without Boss/Smith. I think there is sneaky value on WSH, especially at anything over +3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    Grossman has never and will never get credit for the good that he does but everyone loves to pile on him for the bad. I'll take Grossman in a heartbeat over Beck or Brady Quinn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogart45 View Post
    exactly, it's a perfect example of what boneheads football fans are and a perfect example of why I barely come here anymore. Grossman is clearly the better choice and it's not even a question.

It doesn't matter how bad Rex has played in his career, because the other option (Beck) has played even worse.

posters like these keep hope alive for humankind capping vs nfl

aside from a select few guys its really a bunch of morons ..

beck over grossman is just hilarious

Bob Loblaw

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post
    Beck played 5 games as a rookie on the 2nd worst team in NFL history and you are basing his skills on that

Grossman went to a superbowl on the back of a very good Chicago Bears team with a solid defense besides that 1 season he has not started more than 7 games in a season in 8 years in the league.

Rex Grossman is a bum
    There's a reason he's only played in 5 games in 4 years. It's because he couldn't beat out the likes of Chad Henne and Troy Smith among others for a starting job or even a 2nd string job. And now he couldn't beat out that "bum" Grossman. If Grossman's such a bum then what exactly does that say about Beck?

And whether anyone wants to give Grossman credit or not, he contributed plenty to that superbowl Bears team. And if it wasn't for Grossman making plays when they needed to be made then they most likely don't get past Seattle and might not have gotten past New Orleans to advance to that Superbowl.

Grossman is only a year older than Beck. Whether he lasts as the starter or not, Shannahan knows he is the most deserving right now. No need to give the job to Beck when he's done nothing in 4 years to deserve it.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

I could see palmer ending up here

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    I think the Shanahans might be losing it... one dumb move after another...
    He definitely lost it. The guys no longer relevant.

The guy bench Bubby Brister before the start of the 1999 season in favor of the very inexperience Brian Griese and blew any chance Denver had at a three-peat.

Then he benched Jake Plummer in the 2005 season when they were still 8-5 and primed to make the playoffs to Jay Cutler, which also cost them a shot at the playoffs.

We'll atleast Rex Grossman started in the Superbowl once

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

1. I agree that Shannahan is no mastermind, just right place at right time with good assistants & player talent.

2. Washington is a football graveyard with that front office. Even the immortal Joe Gibbs couldn't float a boat.

3. Rex & Beck are both irrelevant. Best bet is to tank for Luck. These guys have no serious future in the NFL.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Pounding the "Washington Redskins to win the Superbowl"

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    3. Rex & Beck are both irrelevant ... These guys have no serious future in the NFL.

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Redskins will have a top 15 offense. Shanahan has a proven offensive system that will work in the NFL.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Let's see how this goes.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Beck is more consistent but Rex has much more upside if you want to contend for a title you have to go with him, and yes the Redskins can definitely make the playoffs ad then anything can happen.

sweepem
    sweepem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14221

Shanahan tanks the season to get the chance to draft Luck or Barkley.

iLogan
    Go Steelers!
    iLogan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    1. I agree that Shannahan is no mastermind, just right place at right time with good assistants & player talent. 2. Washington is a football graveyard with that front office. Even the immortal Joe Gibbs couldn't float a boat. 3. Rex & Beck are both irrelevant. Best bet is to tank for Luck. These guys have no serious future in the NFL.
    Exactly what he said. Grossman doesn't even deserve a thread on the forum he's so bad, but good luck this season Skins fans and backers. I still can't believe they benched then booted McNabb for Rex Grossman o_0

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

When I was living in Virginia, I used to root for the 'skins. What a bunch of sad-sack clowns under Snyder. Younger version of Al Davis, without the early wins.

12 Last