Dax
    Formerly known as the Linesman!
    Dax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

Titans Chris Johnson just got paid!!!

Report: Johnson, Titans agree to deal

Chris Johnson and the Titans have agreed on a four-year, $53.5 million deal, according to the Tennessean.

MF got paid big time!!!

Now we must ask ourselves, is he really worth it?

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Crying on twitter paid off.

forloveofthegame
    forloveofthegame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 595

As stupid as he looks dude is a genius.much props to him

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Awesome. I can finally drop Javon Ringer off my fantasy team.

Dad
    2011 Adult Entertainer of the Year
    Dad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

STFU

mafioso
    mafioso's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Maybe now, he will do us all a favor, break his neck and live in obscurity for the rest of his pathetic life.

Its one thing to go after your organization via social media, Its a whole other thing to go after the fans that make you the bling bling you are getting paid.

His comments yesterday were lebron james like when he spouted I dont have a regular job like the rest of so shut the **** up.
    Where the hell does this overpaid lowlife piece of crap get off talking to the idiot fans out there like that.

When you are in a position like him, you have to atleast pretend and relate to your fans, Not antagonize them by pointing out how rich you are and how broke they are.

Manningisalegend
    Manningisalegend's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mafioso View Post
    Maybe now, he will do us all a favor, break his neck and live in obscurity for the rest of his pathetic life.

Its one thing to go after your organization via social media, Its a whole other thing to go after the fans that make you the bling bling you are getting paid.
    His comments yesterday were lebron james like when he spouted I dont have a regular job like the rest of so shut the **** up.
    Where the hell does this overpaid lowlife piece of crap get off talking to the idiot fans out there like that.
    When you are in a position like him, you have to atleast pretend and relate to your fans, Not antagonize them by pointing out how rich you are and how broke they are.
    U must not believe in karma? Lol y would u say something like I hope he breaks his neck?

Bluehorseshoe

This is my favorite part...

Johnson on Wednesday created a mini-firestorm on Twitter after he tweeted thanks to people praying for him through his "situation."
    "Let me see......Should I pray for the starving people in Ethiopia. Screw them! I'm going to instead pray for Chris Johnson getting a big payday."
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jagaf22

tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

How much trouble can I get into for posting his cell phone # the guy is a cheap ass trying to haggle me on my pool service prices

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by tatommack View Post
    How much trouble can I get into for posting his cell phone # the guy is a cheap ass trying to haggle me on my pool service prices

Tell him it's 53 mill to do his pool.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

Within 2 years, the majority of titan fans will be pissed at the money that got thrown to johnson. He has already had his best season, and is going to be playing for a noncontending team. Now that the horse got the carrot, I do not see him playing inspired ball anymore.

ronibrown
    ronibrown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maybe I will follow your shout if I got trouble and make sure they are aware of it

The Inevitable
    The Inevitable's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3256

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    ..... Now that the horse got the carrot, I do not see him playing inspired ball anymore.
    Same here... I'm not going to pick this guy up on my fantasy team.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

helps my fantasy team DO WORK CHRIS JOHNSON

mafioso
    mafioso's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Quote Originally Posted by Manningisalegend View Post
    U must not believe in karma? Lol y would u say something like I hope he breaks his neck?
    LOL, that would be karma if he indeed did break his neck.
    Sorry, but in my very real world, you sometimes have to bite your tongue, no matter how much you are bothered by what someone said, especially when your financial situation is better than all those you are talking down too.

Vesuvius
    Vesuvius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

That's Arod's chump change.

forloveofthegame

Quote Originally Posted by Vesuvius View Post
    That's Arod's chump change.

CJ would still be under rookie contract and set to make 800k. now hes making what 13.5 a year..

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Now we must ask ourselves, is he really worth it?
    No!

I started disliking this guy when he said he would rush for 2500 yards last year. He is selfish, and the Titans won't when a Superbowl with him.

forloveofthegame

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    No!

I started disliking this guy when he said he would rush for 2500 yards last year. He is selfish, and the Titans won't when a Superbowl with him.
    all that matters is putting people in the seats

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

He is a gamebreaker. But ask Barry Sanders what gamebreaking means when all eyes are on you in the backfield all the time.

redzonethreat
    redzonethreat's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Titans still blow!!!!!!!!

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

Quote Originally Posted by forloveofthegame View Post
    all that matters is putting people in the seats
    I live in the Nashville area, and he has already ticked off a part of the Titan fan base. Just wait until he has a bad game, or an injury. This contract will be an albatross around his neck.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Wow. 30 million guaranteed. Joel Segal knows his business.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Quote Originally Posted by mafioso View Post

I like this post. I think athletes should STFU with the twitters. They go from GODS on Sundays to drooling rorschach test mental morons. Glad the Titans paid him. He deserves the cash bigtime.
    However, after reading his twitters, he can go f himself. I'm no longer a fan at all... And I've been a fan prior to him reaching the NFL. Kharma stinks and he's dug his own hole with fans. He DESERVED the contract and his hold out was warrented, but he went out of his way to be a total f'n prick to the people that pay his salary. To be frank, I wouldn't mind watching him getting chop blocked onto injured reserve - and that's nothing I'd ever cheer for. That said, the Titans will not get on the 'big TV' this season because of CJ's venom at the thing that got him paid - and that's the fans. He can suck it.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

I see him getting injured. Not in game shape, and he will go out and try to prove himself.

305GURU
    305GURU's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Report: Johnson, Titans agree to deal Chris Johnson and the Titans have agreed on a four-year, $53.5 million deal, according to the Tennessean. MF got paid big time!!! Now we must ask ourselves, is he really worth it?
    great RB, is he worth it???? personally i think hes had his best year, bottom line is he can take it to the house on any play, and thats why....the man got paid like a mofo

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

Investing this much in a RB is absurd. These owners negotiate so hard for every dime they can get in the lockout and then turn around and throw it all away with signings like this. No wonder TEN is going nowhere this year..

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

he never has that huge game against the Colts... he isn't big enough... and his speed doesn't break down our designed D... glad to see him back on the field.

now Foster is another thing... please miss week 1

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Peyton Hillis > Chris Johnson.

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    No! I started disliking this guy when he said he would rush for 2500 yards last year. He is selfish, and the Titans won't when a Superbowl with him.
    He's the best player on their team and one of the top players in the league. Not only is he a great rusher but is a great receiver out of the back field. So while they may not win a SB with him they're sure as hell not going to win one without him. Any team in the NFL would be better off with him on the team regardless of whether you like him or not.

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Like it or not he's probably the face of the team right now. They've put themselves into a brutal situation where they had to pony up just to continue with their gate revenue. Life expectancy of a RB in the NFL is brutal, good luck getting full return on this contract. Ethiopians...Christ where the hell did he come up with that gong show? Cheers

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

He will get hurt

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by Cap dat 4ss View Post
    He's the best player on their team and one of the top players in the league. Not only is he a great rusher but is a great receiver out of the back field. So while they may not win a SB with him they're sure as hell not going to win one without him. Any team in the NFL would be better off with him on the team regardless of whether you like him or not.
    True true. But to lay out that much cash on a RB for 6 years is nonsense. He will start tampering off soon.