Victor
    Victor's Avatar Become A Pro!

Plaxico.... suspended for four games.....

Plaxico... has spoiled the Giants reputation for sure and Giants had suspended him only for the four games... what I feel this is not much to teach him a proper lesson.....I think he deserve more of a strict action than this..... any takes???

jagaf22
    jagaf22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

Suspended for 4 games and placed him on the reserve non-football injury list which means he can't play in the playoffs. I understand the Giants not wanting any kind of distractions. I believe Plax has played his last game in a Giants uniform. Hard to believe Superbowl hero, new $35 million dollar contract, all for not.

I say charge him for not having a concealed weapons license for New York and let him go. Seems like karma to me carry a gun to a club where you know your drinking and you end up shooting your own peg. Let your groupies/entourage do the dirty work and pack the weapon.

I.R.B
    I.R.B's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maybe some jail time will do.

Victor
    Victor's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by I.R.B View Post
    Maybe some jail time will do.
    I agree he desrves that........the guy have never respected his position and his sport/profession......may this whole incident will teach him a good lesson......

patsfan2727
    patsfan2727's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jagaf22 View Post

I say charge him for not having a concealed weapons license for New York and let him go.
    yeah that is a good plan, let him off lightly. he was carrying a 40 cal gun, loaded, concealed, in a club when he was drinking, the gun was not holstered and the safety was off. if the gun had shot and KILLED somebody I'm sure you would be saying something else. so he gets a slap on the wrist just b/c the bullet only hit him? are you kidding???
    I hope he gets locked up for at least 3-5

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Quote Originally Posted by patsfan2727 View Post
    yeah that is a good plan, let him off lightly. he was carrying a 40 cal gun, loaded, concealed, in a club when he was drinking, the gun was not holstered and the safety was off. if the gun had shot and KILLED somebody I'm sure you would be saying something else. so he gets a slap on the wrist just b/c the bullet only hit him? are you kidding???
    I hope he gets locked up for at least 3-5
    I'm not sure you realize what the penalty for possession of an unliscenced weapon is in NYC. In other news, we don't charge criminals with crimes that could have occurred in the United States.

He very well might get the mandatory 3.

patsfan2727

Yes, I realize that penalty is harsh, however...
    I'm not sure you realize not only did he break that law, but then he carried the gun across state lines, to conceal it, then paid off a doctor to breach his ethical code to fix his leg undercover. since you're from Brooklyn, Boner18, I am sure you do not appreciate the thousands of tax dollars that are going into the extra investigation of the cover-up. these atheletes think they are above the law, and until some serious consequences are laid down, these behaviors will not stop.

patsfan2727

"..A witness heard a single gunshot, then saw Mr. Burress fall to the floor, dropping a bloody gun and asking a nearby acquaintance to take him to the hospital...."

You really are going to wait for the trial to deem him guilty? come on man....

dude was carrying a 40 caliber porcelain GLOCK. this is a highly illegal gun, which was designed COMPLETELY TO BYPASS METAL DETECTORS.
    so, dude was carrying an undetectable, unregistered, unsafetied, unholstered Dirty Harry sized gun, WHEN HE WAS DRUNK, and you are defending him?
    I bet you don't think OJ did it either....