Portlander
    Portlander's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

What is your method?

Just a question to you cappers out there. When betting on the NFL, what do you think is the best way to make your bets?

I have been betting 3 sets of 3 pick parlays (trying not to have all one game in every pick) and then my backup is one teaser based on my most solid picks. If none of the parlays hit often my teaser comes in and covers my bets. I have done ok this season but my version of ok lets me bet on a lot of games and doesnt make a ton of money.

Do most people bet on single games? 2 pick parlays? (have heard those are the best odds. ) How does a real sharp bet? Anyway thanks if anyone has any input.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8377

I bet mainly 1 game @ a time usually on a side take an o/u sometimes & a few 2 teamers usually a side & o/u on same game hope this helps

Rio DiNero
    using no way as way
    Rio DiNero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 218

"THE ONE THAT STUDIES TOO LONG PICKS WRONG GRASSHOPPER"

Portlander
    Portlander's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by jackpot269 View Post
    I bet mainly 1 game @ a time usually on a side take an o/u sometimes & a few 2 teamers usually a side & o/u on same game hope this helps
    Thanks for the input.

Yeah I think sometimes one can get a pretty good deal where on a two or three pick you can combine an O/U with a team that follows your logic. IE if Houston scores a lot they will win AND the over will hit.

I think often those two picks offer better payout than two single bets. Do the books make sure to get the same amount of juice/vig off parlays rather than both bets individualy? Perhaps a dumb question, just wondered if anyone had geeked it out.

Rio, not sure if that is a betting method, but I hear you.