grizzlies1
    grizzlies1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

Why did the bookies not make it GB-12/13/14

Lets face it.. unless something out of the ordinary happens GB are going to blow out Indy. We know it, the bookies know it, everybody knows it. So why then do the linemakers make it GB-9 knowing full well everyone and their mother will be on it and most likely the bookies lose money?

My understanding is that the bookies dream is to have 50% on each side and they just collect the juice - can't lose. So why only -9 then and not -12/13/14 to at least try and get some money on the Indy side which they will most likely be keeping when GB blows them out by 20????

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

This has been a difficult preseason for the books to cap. Favorites are killin' it. The post-lockout world has created a lot of opportunities and this game is no different. I would have put this game at -14.5.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

-14 is way too much for a preseason game where anything can happen. I think the line is fair considering how shitty the Colts have been.

Perhaps they have accounted for Kerry Collins, a veteran QB that will give the Colts offense some stability.

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

The books want everyone to be on the Packers for a reason.

grizzlies1
    grizzlies1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

Just like they wanted everyone to be on St Louis and Washington

dantanner
    dantanner's Avatar Become A Pro!

The books adjust according to the betting. The opening lines are probably their best handicapping efforts. Everything after that is reactionary to the betting, barring some unforseen and well known injury. IMO

the-phenomenal-1
    the-phenomenal-1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

green bay

they should cover that line easy what about the washington line tonight plus 4 i think they will cover that against baltimore