SportsLockPicks
    SportsLockPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 562

Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Houston Texans 8:30 ESPN

Ok...let rip this bitch apart...we have almost 24 hours..so lets make like Jack Bauer and come out on top...who's got an angle here.

dr123
    dr123's Avatar Become A Pro!

Over is 9-2 in houstons games... houston at home i think they will put up alot of points... They dont have a good defense at all so will give up alot of scores also... I like over and i also like houston -3... I think slaton runs all over jaguars so that might be the only reason the game stays under. So i like houston -3 better.

canabiz
    canabiz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1432

Both teams are not going anywhere but I do lean towards the Texans at home. They are hosting their first MNF in a very long time and players are probably jacked up. You have seen what the Browns and Titans did a few weeks ago. A revenge spot for the Texans as well who lost to these Jags in a tight contest earlier this season.

And as always the obligatory OVER for MNF although the UNDER has to hit sometimes, doesn't it ?

canabiz
    canabiz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1432

Is Schaub playing tomorrow ? Rosenfels commits too many turnovers for my liking.

guru-t
    guru-t's Avatar Become A Pro!

I 2nd that.Houston rolls 31-17.Right at the total.Slaton gets at least 150 tonight on a depleted Jags rush defense as Sage just throws alot of short-safe passes and manages the game.It'll be rockin down there as this is their first true Monday night game.Exclude the makeup date with Balt as this game wasn't even on national television.A repeat of the Browns game against the G-men.The Texans and their fans will be absolutely fired up.-3 is a gift in my opinion.

Rixsaw
    Rixsaw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Quote taken from Houston (AP):

"Despite flirting with the idea earlier this week that Matt Schaub could return for Monday's game, coach Gary Kubiak said Friday that Sage Rosenfels will start. Schaub could be the backup, but Kubiak said he'd continue to evaluate his health before making that decision.
    Kubiak is looking for more consistency from Rosenfels in his fifth start of the season. He has five touchdowns and nine interceptions."

SportsLockPicks

true...the jags are usually at this point of the season holding opponents to less than 20ppg, and houston, well, houston likes to score and give up scores too...i hate to say it, but the o/u is tough...the side is a little easier to spot. it screams jags to me...better defense, better running game for the jags...the only one up that the texans have is the passing game...but w/ rosenfels starting again..you have to take a second look...he is prone to blowing games...i have to dig deeper here...right now i like the jags and thats it...

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

ill take jax
    otherwise i wont play it
    no way can i lay on sage rosenfels

SportsLockPicks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanXL977 View Post
    ill take jax
    otherwise i wont play it
    no way can i lay on sage rosenfels
    well put...fellas, think about it that way...money on the texans is money on that piece of shit....i used to feel the same way about eli manning at one point earlier in his career tho...but this is different...way different...

ryanXL977

if sage rosenfels turns into the best qb in the nfl oneday, like eli, i will eat my own poop

but i get your pt

that game tmrw is awful, tis a shame tthats on tv
    may have to watch , gulp, miami gsw instead

DOH

dr123
    dr123's Avatar Become A Pro!

Latest reports have Shaub as a possible starter... if he starts does that change your pick??

ryanXL977

yes it does
    if he starts i dont touch the game, but under no circumstances do i lay on houston

guru-t

The Jags historically have big problems with the Texans.I just feel their running into a big trap here guys.The Texans play em tough home and away.Tough spot for the Jags.Your right Sage sux but I just think Kubiak is going to simplify this and be a little conservative.I see Steve Slaton tearing it up tomorrow.And as far as the Texans being some shit.Outside of their blowout over DETROIT( )have the Jags really impressed yall all that much?My god.They lost at home to the BROWNS!

ryanXL977

of course jags suck too
    i dont say otherwise
    i only say if i am gonna play this shit game, ill take the dog
    they both suck

guru-t

You're right!I really wish this was a pick.For real,should stay away,but I'm a gambler and it's Monday night.I know you know what I mean there.

Spoon
    Spoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'll have to look at this sometime tomorrow, but I might just tease this one. Leaning Jax +10 and Over 41. On second though, I might just play the O/U.

Robust
    Losing
    Robust's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hou -3 and Under 48.

Remove the Det win from Jax and their numbers show how truely shitty they are. Hou struggled in the beggining of the season and only lost to them by three on the road. Now they are home. Easy pick here imo.

The Under is a purely numbers call. My gut says over, but when i flip sides, i lose more than i win. Sticking with the under, but feel free to fade it.

good luck!

Robust

Spoon
    Spoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

I thought about Houston at first, especially because it's on their home chalk. However, according to Kubiak today, Matt Schaub may not even suit up and if he does he will only be in the backup poisition. I just can't see myself putting trust in Sage Rosenfels when money is on the line. Best of luck to you though.

Coach Kubiak Quote: "If we feel good about his practice, then he will go into the game as the backup. But if we don’t feel good about it, he won’t be the third; he won’t suit up. He’ll either be in a back up role or he won’t suit up.”

whatdafuxup
    whatdafuxup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 692

I'm all about the o/u, but this is a tough one. Texans do like to put up points at home, but they do so a lot by throwing the ball. And the DB's for Jax are greedy. Jax is always good for 21-24 as long as it's in warm weather or Pittsburg. I never bet the under, but I'm seriously thinking about it. Otherwise, I'll leave this one alone.

DaChosen1FoSho
    DaChosen1FoSho's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

I think Houston wins, but when it was at 3.5. I took Jags +3.5. I'll say 31-30 Houston.

GatorFan
    GatorFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

The more I look into this matchup the more I see it OVER 48. But I have to study more before I pull the trigger.

bostonbruins
    bostonbruins's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wouldn't lay points on either of these teams...will wait for the hook...

Jax +3.5 2u

africanroller
    africanroller's Avatar Become A Pro!

Matt Schaub will not start but could be put in if Kubiak feels he is healthy and Sage makes to many mistakes. I still see this game as a no play for me.

TonyHoliday
    TonyHoliday's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

im prob gone tease houston and the over just for fun maybe 25 bucks. I have no real lean on this game.

cubboy
    cubboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

lock who is your pick

Rio DiNero
    using no way as way
    Rio DiNero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 218

SEE MY POST FOR THE 100% GUARENTEED SYSTEM LOCK FOR TONIGHTS GAME! IF YOU LIKE FREE MONEY, PLAY THIS ONE BIG! (system 17-0 over past four days!)

guru-t

Quote Originally Posted by Rio DiNero View Post
    SEE MY POST FOR THE 100% GUARENTEED SYSTEM LOCK FOR TONIGHTS GAME! IF YOU LIKE FREE MONEY, PLAY THIS ONE BIG! (system 17-0 over past four days!)
    Definitely impressive.Still Houston-3

chucksmith
    chucksmith's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanXL977 View Post
    if sage rosenfels turns into the best qb in the nfl oneday, like eli, i will eat my own poop

but i get your pt

that game tmrw is awful, tis a shame tthats on tv
    may have to watch , gulp, miami gsw instead

DOH

Who do you like in Mia/GS?

nick2060
    nick2060's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1096

Jags season can be summed up quite easily, they haven't invested the carries to running the ball and obviously don't have faith that they can do so. They must run the ball to win, simple as that, they run, eat up clock, their defense is nice and rested and plays a little better, garrard goesn't make mistakes when he only throws once every 3 plays or so, jags win. Jags dont run the ball, defense is tired, garrard messes up they lose. Which Jags team is gonna show up tonight, honestly i got my money on jags. Couple years ago they were a team who was average but finished their seasons good, i think we can at least expect that form from them tonight.

O$CAR
    O$CAR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Hey guys just off the shittyt 9-5, been trying to get the latest info @ work but in possible.Any late news or injuries,Is Schaub playing,Is this an RLM game cause I don't see how the Texans are favored by 3.I know there at home but it's MNF,only two teams won at home this week,appreciate any feed back ya'll good luck is David Garrard playing

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.
    laxdjock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Schaub is active, but not starting. Last I heard.

GatorFan
    GatorFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's too hard to pick on this game. I'm still leaning OVER 48.5

j0esilly
    j0esilly's Avatar Become A Pro!

sportslock gonna have a pick tonight?

SportNut
    SportNut's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sportlockpicks's NO PICK tonight, save your money for a nice dinner and hooker!!!

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.
    laxdjock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Texans -3 (-120) & Ov. 48.5....each @ 2 units.

12 Last