omg, say it aint so

i know the raiders are desperate for QB help, but give me a break.

Former Super Bowl MVP Mark Rypien signed a one game contract with the Rochester Raiders Friday night. Rypien, who quarterbacked the Washington Redskins to a win over the Buffalo Bills in Super Bowl XXVI, will suit up for Saturday's Great Lakes Indoor Football League game against unbeaten Port Huron at the ESL Centre.
“Once I get into the warm ups and get excited about the game and everything gets going I'll probably want to take every snap,” said the soon to be 44 year old. “The best thing I can do is not take a snap at all.”

Rypien does not plan on playing in Saturday’s game. His appearance here is more toward helping raise funds for Camp Good Days and Special Times. The camp for kids with cancer is dear to Rypien, especially after losing a son to brain cancer.

“I've been involved with (Camp Good Days) relatively for over 16 years since Pete Pavia started this thing up,” Rypien explained. “Along with my foundation, the Rypien foundation, also portions of my proceeds that I raise in Spokane also goes to Camp Good Times which is our local camp in our area. The affiliation between the two is a good fit.”

Rypien will throw footballs to kids at halftime and sign autographs after the game. Kickoff is set for 7:35PM.