Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pre-Season NFL Game Plan Discuss Please

Okay did anyone else hear the announcer say just before the kick off of the Tampa Bay vs Kansas City game that these 2 teams were looking at this game very differently...??? the Chiefs treating it like a practice and playing starters just a few plays while the Buccaneers playing there starters alot more...

when i heard this i tried to jump online and place a wager on the Buccaneers but for some reason my iphone wouldn't let me log in. As you guys know the Bucc's won big.

Does anyone have any info on tonights pre-season games as far as coaches game plans go... if so pre-season is easy money.

Basically every good player on the Panthers will not be playing tonight so I wouldn't touch them. Maybe the under is a good play in that game. No steve smith, jon beason, thomas davis, charles johnson, and i'm sure there are others. Jimmy Clausen is the starting QB for the Panthers and he is by far the worst QB in the NFL.

Ice House

Minnesota ML

Buffalo ML

in a parlay

NCCapper
    NCCapper's Avatar Become A Pro!

From the Panthers' site:

On the decision to start Jimmy Clausen at quarterback against the New York Giants: It's kind of the natural progression right now. Things have been going good. Both guys are doing a heck of a job. What we've done is alternated reps, so we're going to continue it this week and we'll see how we approach it next week when we get to Monday.

On how he will split the reps between Clausen and Cam Newton: What we would like to do is, hopefully, get a couple of real good, efficient drives from Jimmy. Then we can get with Cam and get him some real good, efficient drives. What we're hoping to do is make sure we have the right kind of offensive lines out there, and we've got to be real smart about that, which we're going to try and do. But at the same time, we don't want to kill anybody either. We're going to be real smart about how we handle that situation.

On if Clausen and Newton could come back in the game after they are taken out: We will bring them back in again - both guys. We want to make sure we can get these guys with the same types of lines, the same types of receivers, the same types of backs. We're trying to get a real good evaluation of what they look like with all the different groups of guys.

On if he will consider starting Newton next week at the Miami Dolphins: You're way ahead of me. We'll try to make sure we've got the reps evened out in terms of who's been with the ones and who's been with the twos.

On how much the starters will play: We're hoping somewhere between 12 and 15 good snaps. We may go 18. But we want to be real smart about this and be real careful for the most part. We feel we've got a real good rotation of people, so we'll work that offensive line. We may have some starters with the (second) offensive line, moving a couple of guys around - that type of thing - to create two good lines. (We may have ones and twos) mixed in, so we can have a good group out there all the time.

On if there are any players who will not play against the Giants: We will determine that after I sit down with (head athletic trainer) Ryan (Vermillion) and we go through that. Ryan has a list of guys (i.e. Chris Gamble, Captain Munnerlyn, Geoff Schwartz and Charles Johnson) right now that we do have some concerns about and we will most certainly make that decision. Jon Beason, Steve Smith and Thomas Davis won't play.

On if he will be nervous for his first game as a head coach: Very much so. It's a lifelong dream, and I will be nervous but at the same time I'll be excited about it. So I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Ice House

yeah tough game to call..... Clausen sucks, Panthers have the worst WR group in the NFL by far... Lots of key players out for Carolina... carolina does have a ton of depth at RB though... I think the under is the best bet on this game.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post
    yeah tough game to call..... Clausen sucks, Panthers have the worst WR group in the NFL by far... Lots of key players out for Carolina...

the answer lies within the question, my friend

Ice House

I went with Browns, Vikings, Giants 1st quarter +.5

2-1 ... feel like a clown for not doing more research. Vikings were not a good pick.

if anyone has any inside info on pre-season games please post up in here. Coaches game plans etc... Pre-season is easy if you know what the teams game plans are.