mebaran
    Con los terroristas
    mebaran's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

Alright, Announce your Division winners and wildcards here!

Lots of major moves and reshuffling leads to interesting draft boards and playoff implications...and my favorite, the DARK HORSES! List your division winners and wildcards!

Mine:

NFC East - Eagles

Really? These guys are the Miami Heat of the NFL this year (as in they all have targets on their backs....not as in they have 3 crybabies leading their team). In all honesty, this may end up being one of the most difficult teams to stop on both sides of the ball in NFL history. I have my ready, do you?

NFC North - Packers

This is tough for me as I'm pretty sure I'm naming my first child, boy or girl, Ditka. But even a die hard Bears fan like myself cannot deny that the Packers have that perfect, elusive mix of young talent and veteran smarts. Not to mention Rodgers may end up being one of the top 3 quarterbacks of this era. Their run defense is Top 5, their pass offense is Top 5...that's repeat Championship material.

NFC South - Falcons

This was a tough pick too because the Saints are SUCH a good team, but Atlanta is a full on powerhouse, and should be treated as such. Last year they tied with the Packers for best home record in the NFC at 7-1. Come week 14 when your team needs a win, you do NOT want to be playing in Atlanta. With Turner and crew molesting you on offense, and a top 10 ranking rush defense, and a quarterback making better decisions that when he was a rookie, the Falcons are a force.

NFC West - Rams

This...uh, "division", is up for grabs AGAIN this year. The Rams are looking to get Bradford heavily involved this year, which is good because...um, he's good. Yeah. In all honesty though, you and I would be fools not to acknowledge the hurricane of a running back the Rams have in Steven Jackson. Since the beginning of the 2008 season, the top three running backs in yards from scrimmage are: Adrian Peterson, Chris Johnson, and, yours truly, Steven Jackson. He is god's gift to offensive coordinators as he is always an option on every play. Beast up STL fans...you're going to need it.

NFC Wildcard 1 - Bears

What can I say? Bear down! Trying to be as impartial as I can, Chicago looks like it may have one of the most balanced teams in the games. With Urlacher getting older, their linebacking core rests on Briggs' shoulders...but they are big shoulders, and can military press 400 pounds. Bears passing defense leaves something to be desired, but you CAN'T RUN on this team. The Bears have been known the past few years for playing a style of football that relies on ball control (T.O.P.) and special teams play. However, with the addition of Marion Barber and Roy Williams to an offense that just could never break over the hump, the Bears are now extremely balanced. They have deep threats, possession receivers, a 1-2 punch in the backfield, a top 3 special teams unit, and a quarterback who DUMPED Kristin Cavallari and has lost his baby fat. If this team gets on a roll, it might not stop.

NFC Wildcard 2 - Cowboys

I was tempted to say the Bucs or the Saints, but their schedules both look really tough (even if they get to face the Panthers twice each). But alas, the boys of the cow are my pick. Though there seems to be some confusion at the running back position (Choice may lose his spot), they look fairly strong. Felix Jones looks poised for his "real" breakout year (if he gets over 225 carries, this looks good). And Romo, for as much flack as he always gets, is a smart quarterback with an offensive scheme that he seems to like a lot. What it will ultimately come down to, is if Dallas can beat the Redskins twice, and split with the Giants, because their non-division schedule looks on the easier side. The X-factor for this team though, is the fact that management just released a TON of good players. What kind of signal does this send to the team? A bad one. One that says "We're giving up on you guys this year so we can have a great team in a few years". If Romo can rally his troops and use that as motivation, I would watch out for this team.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFC East - Patriots

Foxboro continues to be one of the worst places to play football if your team doesn't start with an "N" and end in "ew England Patriots". At home, they are like your dick during Christmas morning with the family (you can't beat them). Last year when the Jets came into Foxboro after beating NE earlier in the year, they were destroyed 45-3. An image that I will never get out of my mind is how New England carries themselves in big blowout wins....they DON'T celebrate. What is more scary than a team that just scored it's 3rd TD against you and doesn't celebrate at all? They just walk off the field with their heads high. Something about that HAS to psychologically destroy the other team (Jets in this case). If you couple this with the fact that Belichick may be the best coach in football, regardless of cheating scandals etc, there is really nothing else to say about them. Great QB, great offensive and defensive schemes, and tons of playmakers. SuperBowl bound is never an overstatement with these guys.

AFC North - Steelers

Speaking of scary teams, I have two words for you: James Harrison. If you didn't shiver right then, just re-read those words a few times. He is the heart and soul of their defense, and they rally around him. The fact that the whole team splits his fines and helps him pay for them is awesome. It shows the comradery between them. There is something that is very Madden-Raideresque about this defense. In the world of helmet to helmet infractions, this team doesn't seem to care about anything except for stopping the ball carrier. Throw in Rapelesberger and some great targets to throw to, and you have a steel wrecking ball.

AFC South - Texans

This is definitely the shake-up division in football this year. The Colts still remain a good team, but Houston shows a ton of power. Last year, the Texans struggled on defense and allowed teams to catch up late in games. Their front office has bolstered the defense heavily to adjust for this. They are more balanced than last year, but don't be fooled, this team relies on Chris Johnson's speed in the running/receiving department, and Schaub's rocket arm.

AFC West - Chargers

This team, plain and simple, got GIPPED last year. They put up great defensive numbers, especially against the pass, AND Rivers had a legitimate chance to break Marino's season yardage record. They are more than capable of taking their prototypical West Coast Offense and, excuse my pun, lightning quick defensive backfield deep into the playoffs.

AFC Wildcard 1 - Jets

Swagger. This team has it. This is a team that is built for the playoffs, but it just has to get there in a tough division first. Rex Ryan is ballsy and willing to take risks to win games, so I give the Jets the benefit of the doubt. With Sanchez gaining more experience, and attitude that is hard to hate, a wildcard spot is almost a sure thing.

AFC Wildcard 2 - Ravens

This second wildcard spot is a four team race between the Ravens, Colts, Texans, and Chiefs. Out of the four teams, I believe the clear favorite is the Ravens. I just cannot overstate how good their defense is. Veteran squad who are probably the smartest defense in the league. Complemented with a workhorse RB and solid offensive line, this team's only real enemy is the Steelers.

Thanks for reading. Post your analysis/picks too!

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

NFC

1. Packers
    2. Saints
    3. Eagles
    4. Rams
    5. Dallas
    6. Atlanta

AFC

1. Patriots
    2. Chargers
    3. Baltimore
    4. Colts
    5. Jets
    6. Houston
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Glitch