mr.inpak
    mr.inpak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

sandiego chargers

thinking about emptying my offshore accounts on chargers to win the west at -200 approxiametly $5000-$2500 would you make this bet any opinions I dont see anyone beating them barring lots of injuries

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47515

love it..everything went wrong for them last season..KC is only team in division with a chance, you can throw Oak and den from the equation. Rivers is head and shoulders the best QB in the division and SD holds the edge in most other positions on offense and defense

earlsnake07
    earlsnake07's Avatar Become A Pro!

Huge KC fan....but I also dont disagree. KC stole the division last year and the main reason was SD horrible special teams. Den and Oak will be no factor in the division so basically its a two horse race. GL with the pick

JAKEPEAVY21

KC has improved greatly over the past couple of years and has a lot of young talent. That said, SD is angry over last year and I don't see the special teams debacles from last season happening again. The ball bounced the wrong way for the Chargers all year last season, you can't expect that again. Adding Bob Sanders and Takeo Spikes are also huge veteran additions to the defense. Even if they don't contribute much on the field, they will add leadership and a veteran presence to the team that we have needed. The whole offense will be back except for sproles. Look for SD to have a big season barring an injury to Rivers.

SprtsCapnGuru
    SprtsCapnGuru's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 216

The payout last year for the Chargers to win the West was even lower. -400 or something like that. I put a $100 on all the other teams paying over +600 last season. Won about $350 on the Chiefs which was paying +750. Just food for thought. Chargers were bigger favorites last year, and saw what happened.

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

I think it's a toss up between the Chiefs and the Charges to win the AFC West.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by SprtsCapnGuru View Post
    The payout last year for the Chargers to win the West was even lower. -400 or something like that. I put a $100 on all the other teams paying over +600 last season. Won about $350 on the Chiefs which was paying +750. Just food for thought. Chargers were bigger favorites last year, and saw what happened.
    yes but based on what happened last year the Chargers are much more motivated and maybe humbled...highly doubt KC wins this season

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by NardVa View Post
    I think it's a toss up between the Chiefs and the Charges to win the AFC West.
    I strongly disagree, care to make a wager?

mebaran
    Con los terroristas
    mebaran's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

The only other thing I can say about the Chargers is that I would also bet that Rivers doesn't throw for that many yards again...that was pretty insane.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Chargers will win this division EASILY. They lost 3 games last season because of special teams gaffs, that won't happen this year.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by mebaran View Post
    The only other thing I can say about the Chargers is that I would also bet that Rivers doesn't throw for that many yards again...that was pretty insane.
    He has thrown for 4000+ the past 3 seasons...nothing insane about it

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Denver is the only other rival

Nittany Lion
    Nittany Lion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 675

That is quite the gamble, Oakland always has it out for San Diego and you never know how the Chiefs will do. I wouldn't put much on it, San Diego always chokes.