bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Titans trade QB McNair to Baltimore

what took them so long to make this deal anyways.

everyone knew he wasn't going to play for the titans ever again.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- The Tennessee Titans ended their stalemate with quarterback Steve McNair on Wednesday and traded the former MVP to the Baltimore Ravens pending a physical.

"We have granted permission to Baltimore to give Steve McNair a physical, which we expect to take place in the next 24 hours," the team said in a statement.

"Upon passing a physical, final trade terms will be agreed upon."

The Ravens, who reportedly have offered a fourth-round pick in next spring's draft, confirmed that McNair will take a physical Wednesday, but the team said the results were not expected to be available until Thursday morning.

McNair, who turned 33 in February, was the winningest quarterback in franchise history. In 11 seasons, he went 81-59 and led them to their only Super Bowl in 2000. He and Peyton Manning shared the league's MVP award in 2003.

McNair won a grievance last week that allowed him to return to the team's headquarters and work out after being told he couldn't on April 3. The Titans had been trying to renegotiate a cheaper salary for McNair to lower a $23.46 million salary cap hit.

But the Titans had given McNair's agent, Bus Cook, permission to talk with Baltimore on April 30 about a contract, and Cook worked out a five-year deal with an $11 million signing bonus and $1 million salary for 2006.

That was much more than McNair could get from the Titans, who had drafted quarterback Vince Young of Texas with the third overall pick in April.

Assuming he passes the physical, McNair is expected to be Baltimore's starting quarterback. Kyle Boller, the incumbent, conceded on Tuesday that was likely to be the case.

"If Steve gets here, or when he gets here, we'll handle it then. But as far as now, I'm just out here competing and trying to get this offense where it needs to be," Boller said. "I'm going about my business right now like I'm the starter. That's the only way I can think of it."

McNair is one of only four players in NFL history with 150 touchdowns passing and 35 rushing, trailing only Steve Young, Randall Cunningham and Steve Grogan. He is one of five with 25,000 yards passing and 3,000 yards rushing, a group that includes John Elway, Fran Tarkenton, Young and Randall Cunningham.

During his MVP season, McNair had a 100.4 passer rating and led the Titans to a wild-card playoff victory over the Ravens in Baltimore and came up short on a late drive in a divisional loss at New England.

McNair played in 14 games in 2005 and threw for 3,161 yards and 16 touchdowns with 11 interceptions. He missed the regular season finale because of a strained pectoral muscle, but recovered to play in the Pro Bowl in February.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Atleast he can finally go workout now.

jbbulldawg2003@hotmail.co
    jbbulldawg2003@hotmail.co's Avatar Become A Pro!

if he can bring any sort of stability to that QB position in Baltimore and they begin to run the ball like they did in 04 or 03, they might have a shot at the division title, or at least a wildcard

but of course, its a lot of Ifs. I'll be watching their games closely though

Knoxy
    Knoxy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I kind of see him just keeping the Ravens at or just a game above .500. I think the whole Ray Lewis thing goes much deeper than we know. The team's psyche is made of very thin glass right now.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

If he played tonight it would be an easy Titans win. I miss him.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Dang, Seaweed. You reached WAYYY back. I miss the early days of SBR. Things seems so much more innocent.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Dang, Seaweed. You reached WAYYY back. I miss the early days of SBR. Things seems so much more innocent.
    They sure did