Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anybody wish we could skip pre-season?

Pre-season hasn't even started and I'm ready for it to be over. I hate pre-season football. They should have just made it a 20 game regular season. Hopefully i will have enough discipline to not bet on it.

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

why?? There are multiple recorded threads here who have winning records for the preseason... fukk, I posted a 13-5 last PS going 7-0 on totals... PS is not the coin flip some would have you believe... pick your spots and pull the trigger where you see the greatest edge. Play teams with depth on the defensive side and a solid backup QB and you'll do fine.

jollyoscars
    jollyoscars's Avatar Become A Pro!

the pre season is just a lotta hype. nfl always getting greedy about the $

Ice House

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadSniper View Post
    why?? There are multiple recorded threads here who have winning records for the preseason... fukk, I posted a 13-5 last PS going 7-0 on totals... PS is not the coin flip some would have you believe... pick your spots and pull the trigger where you see the greatest edge. Play teams with depth on the defensive side and a solid backup QB and you'll do fine.

okay well please give me some winners for this weekend then. I'm always down to win money. What about the Panthers -1.5 vs Giants on Saturday? 3 QB's competing for the job for Carolina Derek Anderson, Cam Newton, and Jimmy Clausen. They aren't the best talent wise but they will all want to put on a good performance.

I believe Eli Mannings back up is David Carr right? Also Panthers coming off a 2-14 season playing at home they should be sick and tired of losing and want to get a W no matter what the stakes are...

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

no. Preseason provides a lot of valuable info for the early weeks of the regular season, especially this year with all the movement around the league.

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

Quote Originally Posted by hubie69 View Post
    no. Preseason provides a lot of valuable info for the early weeks of the regular season, especially this year with all the movement around the league.
    This is what makes this pre-season a lil more difficult than recent years passed.... lots of new faces, lockout fuct up OTA's and TC... lotta young guys going to be thrown into the fire... so many new faces at QB going to be interesting.... Not sure Ill bet all too much this weekend, surely the most unpredictable week of the NFL year

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadSniper View Post

This is what makes this pre-season a lil more difficult than recent years passed.... lots of new faces, lockout fuct up OTA's and TC... lotta young guys going to be thrown into the fire... so many new faces at QB going to be interesting.... Not sure Ill bet all too much this weekend, surely the most unpredictable week of the NFL year
    Very much so. This is a FREE opportunity for additional information on a money making league. Why would people not want to take advantage?

big cheyo
    big cheyo's Avatar Become A Pro!

preseason is good to make money on if you play it right, there are some coaches who like to win and some who dont really care

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

I see the info side of pre-season but as far as making cash I don't know. Knowing that teams are ready to pull their best out and lose the game at any time if necessary throws the whole scheme into question. If you can get a confident read though all the power to you. Ciao

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

I've always stayed away from betting preseason and just sat tight for the real games to start in less than a month.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

If you know NFL personnel, preseason is a gold mine. Takes a lot of work to get to know players, with what's available to the average punter, but the public makes a lot of juicy lines available. I actually like watching preseason. You get to see a lot of players that don't start right away or are fighting for a job and get to know their game. It's very helpful in evaluating overall edges, if you're not a 'spreadsheet' guy, like myself.

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

For betting purposes, the preseason is great. As a fan, I cannot wait until they chop a game or two from the schedule. 3 would be good, 2 would be perfect.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post
    Pre-season hasn't even started and I'm ready for it to be over. I hate pre-season football. They should have just made it a 20 game regular season. Hopefully i will have enough discipline to not bet on it.
    NO, NFL preseason is easier to beat than NFL regular season.

Ice House

if pre-season is so easy please post your picks and prove it.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post
    if pre-season is so easy please post your picks and prove it.
    I always do and always have.

Superman455
    Drinkin ANOTHER Beer...
    Superman455's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think it is a complete waste of time.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Superman455 View Post
    I think it is a complete waste of time.
    Then you don't like money.

Name one other time in any other sport where the coaches reveal their player rotations and game plans BEFORE the games and then more or less stick with them.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

pre-season is fine and necessary for all involved.

it's when you should be evaluating depth
    not wagering.