DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8478

7-0 Dolphins Henne to Marshall 55 yd TD.

Could be the combo that turns a lot a heads this season/

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

gl shrute

AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8856

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    7-0 Dolphins Henne to Marshall 55 yd TD.

Could be the combo that turns a lot a heads this season/
    This year like no other is going to be a make or brake year for a lot of people:
    1. Tony Sparano - on the jot seat to produce not only wins but a playoff team.
    2. Chad Henne - out to prove to himself that he is a good enough qb to be in the NFL. Plus to prove to everyone else that he can lead this team.
    3. Reggie Bush - wants to silence his hater by proving he can be an every down RB
    4. The entire defense - needs to stop some offenses and give the team a chance to win. The addition of Jason Taylor will need to prove himself and contribute like he did when he was the defensive player of the year.
    5. Brandon Marshall - needs to prove to himself that he is not a mental case

and the list goes on ... This will be an interesting year dun dun don!

305GURU
    305GURU's Avatar Become A Pro!

I live in miami, and even though im obviously a die hard raiders fan, i follow miami very close cause theres fins talk on local radio and tv all the time...this team will be 7-9 at best...im not hating, but that offense wont put up many points, and Henne is just un-reliable in the pocket....draft a franchise QB and some studdly D-lineman next year...BOL

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by 305GURU View Post
    I live in miami, and even though im obviously a die hard raiders fan, i follow miami very close cause theres fins talk on local radio and tv all the time...this team will be 7-9 at best...im not hating, but that offense wont put up many points, and Henne is just un-reliable in the pocket....draft a franchise QB and some studdly D-lineman next year...BOL
    Henne does have to step it up for sure. In the preseason Henne looks like he has a different attitude in the pocket. If that translates to the regular season, watch out. He has all the tools to be an outstanding QB IMO. Strong arm, throws accurately on the run and has decent speed. If he can avoid freaking out in the pocket when things get crazy, he will succeed.

With a new offensive coordinator, and added speed to the WR position which makes the deep ball a threat, the play calling should spread the Defense and thus giving Henne better outs to throw underneath to Bush and the Tight Ends.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    This year like no other is going to be a make or brake year for a lot of people:
    1. Tony Sparano - on the jot seat to produce not only wins but a playoff team.
    2. Chad Henne - out to prove to himself that he is a good enough qb to be in the NFL. Plus to prove to everyone else that he can lead this team.
    3. Reggie Bush - wants to silence his hater by proving he can be an every down RB
    4. The entire defense - needs to stop some offenses and give the team a chance to win. The addition of Jason Taylor will need to prove himself and contribute like he did when he was the defensive player of the year.
    5. Brandon Marshall - needs to prove to himself that he is not a mental case

and the list goes on ... This will be an interesting year dun dun don!
    100% how I see it.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Dwight, Dolphins don't even have a quarterback, Henne will throw to the other team like last season. Both the Jets and Pats are way too good. My best friend is a dolphins fan so I always pull for them when they aren't playing the Jets but this is quite the stretch. Miami got rid of Ronnie Brown to bring in Bush? Bush will be injured in the first 4 weeks if he carries the load. He couldn't even stay healthy in New Orleans when he was 1 of 4 backs. I see another .500 season but I guess that is why they play the game. good luck

DwightShrute

Unde, Ronnie Brown looked uninterested last season and isn't the promising back that I thought he was going to be when we drafted him. I am not sad to see him go. They have some young hungry kids at RB now that might surprise you. The QB position isn't an easy one to play. There are only a couple dozen in the world who play QB at an elite level. Some look like they will be stars right away, some are a flash in the pan. some take time to flourish, some never reach that pro bowl level and some just need a change of location. Remember if Bledsoe never got rocked on the sidelines that one game long ago, we might have never heard of Brady. At least for a few more seasons possibly. You could be right about Henne and its easier to second guess after the fact. Here's how I see it ... the dolphins tore down and rebuilt this organization going 1-15 not too long ago and winning the AFC eat the following year. That's never been done before. They have good football people running the team now. Parcels helped install that framework. If the coach and organization think its worth giving Henne another shot and be the starter, then they probably have a good reason. We will see. I think Henne will be amazing this season. I hope anyways.

unde0087
    Did we win?

i guess only time will tell, good luck this season. I am excited for another Jets season as well. See if this time we can break through to the Superbowl. Burress looks to be a promising pickup but like everything one can never know until it means something.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    i guess only time will tell, good luck this season. I am excited for another Jets season as well. See if this time we can break through to the Superbowl. Burress looks to be a promising pickup but like everything one can never know until it means something.
    if he stays out of night clubs packing heat it could turn out good

unde0087
    Did we win?

if he stays out of night clubs packing heat it could turn out good
    ya, one never knows but hopefully he learned his lesson.

DwightShrute

We are gonna beat those friggen Patriots on Monday! Watch out NFL. Here come the fish!

06:21 Sat 09-03-11
    After a tireless two days following their last preseason game the Miami Dolphins trimmed their roster down to the league-mandated 53 today. Head Coach Tony Sparano and General Manager Jeff Ireland got together to make those tough final decisions regarding 27 of their players. They waived 20, terminated the contracts of six more and placed one – offensive tackle Lydon Murtha – on Injured Reserve.
    Here are all of the moves the team made, with more moves likely to come before the end of the Sunday. Teams have until noon tomorrow to sign players that were waived by other teams.
    Waived
    CB Vincent Agnew
    TE Brett Brackett
    WR Patrick Carter
    G Garrett Chisolm
    QB Pat Devlin
    TE Dedrick Epps
    LB Jonathan Freeny
    RB Nic Grigsby
    T D.J. Jones
    T Matt Kopa
    WR Phillip Livas
    WR John Matthews
    CB Nate Ness
    LB David Nixon
    QB Kevin O’ Connell
    WR Julius Pruitt
    S Mark Restelli
    LB Robert Rose
    TE Mickey Shuler
    LB Quinton Spears
    Terminated Contracts
    S Gerald Alexander
    CB Will Allen
    NT Ronald Fields
    RB Larry Johnson
    FB Lousaka Polite
    T Ray Willis
    Placed on Injured Reserve
    T Lydon Murtha
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-20-15 at 12:02 PM. Reason: image does not exist

DwightShrute

Time To Start Thinking New England

An assortment of opinions and observations as that Monday night opener against New England can’t get here soon enough:

• I have no problem with Tony Sparano’s decision to sit most of his front-line players for the final preseason game against Dallas. At this point of the summer, far more important than playing time is keeping these players fresh and healthy heading into the regular season.
    It is also a great argument for a shorter preseason. This fourth game only has value to the players trying to make the team. Truth be told, Sparano probably had a pretty good idea of his final cuts before the Dallas game. I’d guess three or four players could have changed his mind against the Cowboys.
    So what conclusions can we draw from what we saw in the first three preseason games? Here are four to ponder.
    1. Chad Henne looks like he’s ready to take his game to another level and is playing in a new-look offense that will give him every opportunity to succeed. I am encouraged by everything I have seen of Henne.
    2. Reggie Bush and Brandon Marshall are both ready for what could be a big season and appear perfectly suited for this offense. Combined, I expect them to touch the ball at least 25, and maybe 30 times, a game.
    3. The offensive line will have to gain continuity as the season progresses, what with Jake Long sitting out the entire preseason. This remains my biggest concern heading into New England. How long will it take this line to get in sync? A question that only time can answer.
    4. Nothing that happened in the preseason tempered my belief that this defense has a chance to be special. Love the addition of linebacker Kevin Burnett. Can’t wait to see this group of defensive linemen when the real whistle blows. Have a feeling cornerbacks Sean Smith and Vontae Davis will live up to their expectations. Up and down this defense, there are playmakers. Intriguing possibilities.

• So the Dolphins finish the preseason with a 3-1 record. Now, forget about it and move on. The record means absolutely nothing. Want proof? In 1976, the Dolphins swept through the preseason with a 6-0 record. Then they finished the regular season at 6-8. Get the point?
    • Wouldn’t want to be making the final roster decisions on the defensive backs. Some real tough calls.
    • Just a hunch, but I think the Patriots are going to come out in their all-out passing attack to start the Monday night opener against the Dolphins. You know, when they throw the ball about 15 straight times. Tom Brady is so good at that, sometimes it’s scary.
    • For those fortunate enough to hear Tony Sparano speak at the team’s kickoff luncheon for the Miami Dolphins Foundation on Wednesday at Sun Life Stadium, it was a treat that I won’t soon forget. Sparano was awesome. He spoke from the heart and gave an emotional appeal to the fans to support this team and these players. If you heard it, it is almost impossible not to get pumped up for the season.
    • I understand the lack of respect the Dolphins are getting from the preseason prognosticators. You finish 7-9 in back-to-back seasons and finish 1-7 at home last year and the so-called “experts” expect more of the same. It’s the easy thing to write or say. But I see this team differently. I see the Dolphins as significantly improved. There are surprise teams in this league every year. Look it up. Stay healthy in key areas and the Dolphins have a chance to be one of those teams.
    • Was that Larry Johnson scoring on a 22-yard run against the Cowboys? Hmmm. For Johnson, this wasn’t a meaningless game.
    • If staying relatively healthy is a key barometer to a successful preseason ,then the Dolphins hit the jackpot this summer.
    • Matt Moore is a nice backup quarterback. Throws a good pass. Has a confident look about him.
    • What do you do with so many promising young receivers? Wouldn’t want to have to make that decision.
    • Miss the electricity of a Monday night game. Going to get my fix soon enough.
    • Interesting the Dolphins chose not to bring in a second place kicker or punter this preseason. Shows you the confidence they have in both Dan Carpenter and Brandon Fields.
    • Was that rookie speedster Clyde Gates behind the Cowboys secondary, catching a 42-yard pass? That’s exactly what the Dolphins drafted him to do.
    • Let the real fun begin.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-20-15 at 12:03 PM. Reason: image does not exist

SASH
    SASH's Avatar Become A Pro!

Doll-fans (not unlike Raider fans) are the most delusional group of morons ive ever encountered. They base none of what they say in facts or reality. They speak without first thinking. Its like listening to children speak. They are the absolute worst fans in pro, college or high sports period.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by SASH View Post
    Doll-fans (not unlike Raider fans) are the most delusional group of morons ive ever encountered. They base none of what they say in facts or reality. They speak without first thinking. Its like listening to children speak. They are the absolute worst fans in pro, college or high sports period.

wow man! why the hate and name calling? Obviously you are a Jets fan and I will admit they have a good team again this year but if you are a jets fan, you have had some pretty lousy teams over the last .... oh ...3 decades with out winning anything. Nothing to brag about bro. And you call us delusional.

SASH
    SASH's Avatar Become A Pro!

wow man! why the hate and name calling? Obviously you are a Jets fan and I will admit they have a good team again this year but if you are a jets fan, you have had some pretty lousy teams over the last .... oh ...3 decades with out winning anything. Nothing to brag about bro. And you call us delusional.
    Read what I wrote my friend. I never once mentioned anything regarding my JETS. This is just what I'm talking about. I was talking about dolphin fans and the extremely beyond dumb things they say. Talking to them is like talking to a high school girl about football...plain dumb!

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by SASH View Post
    Read what I wrote my friend. I never once mentioned anything regarding my JETS. This is just what I'm talking about. I was talking about dolphin fans and the extremely beyond dumb things they say. Talking to them is like talking to a high school girl about football...plain dumb!
    I know you never did say anything about your Jets, but obviously you are a Jets fan with your avatar. Geez how could you not make that connection? This is just what I'm talking about. Just imagine what Dolphins fans think about Jet fans. Obviously there are knowledgeable Jets fans as well as classless ones, which you have made all to obvious. Good luck this year. Now beat it.
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 09-03-11 at 08:18 PM.

Wrecked
    Dreamin the live
    Wrecked's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Pats defense are going to rape you.

Oh, and Ravens win the superbowl.

CaptainPrice
    CaptainPrice's Avatar Become A Pro!

they are probably the worst team in the NFL.. sheesh

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPrice View Post
    they are probably the worst team in the NFL.. sheesh
    ya ok. we'll see

DwightShrute

Dolphins LB Karlos Dansby: “This might be the most talented defense I’ve ever been a part of....we’ve got Pro Bowl potential at every position and that’s rare." Read what the Dolphins have in store for Tom Brady and the Patriots offense tonight as the AFC East rivals battle at Sun Life Stadium:

There will be no tape for the New England Patriots to be able to look at this time in order to prepare for what the Miami Dolphins defense plans to throw at them tonight at Sun Life Stadium.

DwightShrute

Dolphins LB Karlos Dansby: “This might be the most talented defense I’ve ever been a part of....we’ve got Pro Bowl potential at every position and that’s rare." Read what the Dolphins have in store for Tom Brady and the Patriots offense tonight as the AFC East rivals battle at Sun Life Stadium:

There will be no tape for the New England Patriots to be able to look at this time in order to prepare for what the Miami Dolphins defense plans to throw at them tonight at Sun Life Stadium.
    http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/ar...1-d0e92ddd262f

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who cares about there defense? They have the worst starting running back, starting qb and offensive line in the nfl. To cover 7 they need to score a touchdown or 2.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Who cares about there defense? They have the worst starting running back, starting qb and offensive line in the nfl. To cover 7 they need to score a touchdown or 2.
    so you say. They actually have a very good O line and the RB situation might surprise you. Henne isn't the worst. He will surprise you.

DwightShrute

no lock or guaranteed winner here but Miami has made a lot a good changes during the off season, the team and the coaches are full of confidence. I am sure New England are also.

I predict an exciting game to go down the the last 2 minutes of the game to decide the winner.

Miami 30-27

MIAMI +290
    TOTAL o14-115 (2Q NEW ENGLAND vrs 2Q MIAMI)
    TOTAL o13-110 (4Q NEW ENGLAND vrs 4Q MIAMI)
    TOTAL o23-105 (1H NEW ENGLAND vrs 1H MIAMI)

2 teamer
    TOTAL o46-110 (NEW ENGLAND vrs MIAMI)
    MIAMI +7

3 teamer
    TOTAL o23-105 (1H NEW ENGLAND vrs 1H MIAMI)
    TOTAL o20½-105 (1H OAKLAND vrs 1H DENVER)
    TOTAL o20½-110 (2H DALLAS vrs 2H NY JETS)

whatever side you are on, BOL!

Let's hope it's a great game!

fishsept12.jpg
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-20-15 at 12:04 PM. Reason: image does not exist

DwightShrute

7-0 Fish!

game on!

DwightShrute

GAME FACTS
    Date: Sunday, Sept. 18
    Time: 4:15 p.m. ET
    Site: Sun Life Stadium
    TV: CBS

THE SERIES
    Series record: Houston leads 5-0
    At Miami: Texans lead 2-0
    At HOUSTON: Texans lead 3-0
    LAST MEETING: 2009 at Miami; Texans 27, Dolphins 20
    SERIES TREND: Unfortunately for the Dolphins, the trend has been all negative for them. The common thread is that all the games have been close. In fact, the seven-point margin in the last meeting equaled the margin of the four first meetings combined.
    SERIES HIGHLIGHT: It’s really been nothing but lowlights for the Dolphins, but the most painful loss might have come in 2008 when Matt Schaub scored on a quarterback draw on fourth down with under 10 seconds left to give Houston a 29-28 come-from-behind victory.

SCOUTING REPORT
    HOUSTON’S RECORD: 1-0
    last game: Beat Indianapolis 34-7
    OVERVIEW: The Texans have yet to make the playoffs since entering the NFL in 2002, but because of an improved defense and the absence of Peyton Manning from the Indianapolis offense for at least the first couple of months of the season, this might be the year.
    THE TEXANS’ STRENGTH ON OFFENSE: With stud wide receiver Andre Johnson leading a good passing game and Arian Foster the reigning NFL rushing champion, it’s hard to find many teams with a more balanced attack.
    THE TEXANS’ QUESTION MARK ON OFFENSE: There really aren’t a whole lot of questions on this Houston offense, but starting wide receiver Kevin Walter sustained a shoulder injury in the opener and might have to sit out Sunday’s game.
    THE TEXANS’ STRENGTH ON DEFENSE: In terms of personnel, it’s unquestionably the linebacking corps, which features 2006 No. 1 overall pick Mario Williams and two former winners of the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year award, DeMeco Ryans and Brian Cushing. But the best news for Houston fans was the arrival of Wade Phillips as defensive coordinator.
    THE TEXANS’ QUESTION MARK ON DEFENSE: The Houston defense totally shut down the Manning-less Colts in the opener, but the jury is still out on the secondary after the Texans finished last in the league in pass defense in 2010.
    THE TEXANS’ STRENGTH ON SPECIAL TEAMS: Kicker Neil Rackers has a strong leg and likely will create some touchbacks on Sunday, but the guy to watch is punt returner Jacoby Jones. He gave Houston a 34-0 lead against the Colts last Sunday with a punt return for a touchdown and he also took one back all the way in that 2008 game against the Dolphins.
    THE TEXANS’ QUESTION MARK ON SPECIAL TEAMS: Houston failed to re-sign former Dolphins punter Matt Turk in the summer and they’re instead going with rookie free agent Brett Hartmann. He’s coming off a so-so performance in his NFL debut (34.5-yard net average).

AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8856

My lil brother just left tonight for this weekends game. Lucky mofo, oh well I am going to the SD vs MIAMI game without him lol

phillybadboy

gl shrute

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

This game may set the tone for a Miami implosion. Miami is a marginal team as it is. But if Houston blows them, infighting ensues.

acarmelo1
    The Panamanian Connection
    acarmelo1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1581

So Miami is currently 0-1.

Next game is going to be hard, but Miami have a chance

DwightShrute

parking lot at Sun Life stadium the day of the game against Houston

sept18.jpg

GenosPicks
    GenosPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Dwight... i resurrected this thread in today's #GenosTakes... and you have nothing to be ashamed of.. i'm a Chargers fan and i long for the days of our 1982 EPIC in MIAMI

DwightShrute

ya it's the NFL. I really felt they could compete this year but it just wasn't meant to be. I now find myself wanting them to lose so that they can get a good QB in the draft. How the heck can I wear my Henne jersey now?

phillybadboy

hows the beets doing?

First 1234 Last