Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

BEST COLTS D-LINE in their Indy History

The Colts are loaded at D-line this year. Rookie Drake Nevis from LSU(6-1, 294) is showing a burst in camp that the Colts have never had at DT! He was in several mock drafts in the late 1st round and the Colts were lucky to steal him in the 3rd round. Former Bear and All-Pro Tommie Harris looks great in camp as well. 300 pounder Fili Moala is going into his 3rd season and was playing very well at the end of the season. They also picked up former 1st rounder Jamal Anderson who will play DE but has the size (285) to rotate in at DT. Great pash rushers Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis usually both need to be double-teamed but if the DT's can do damage then all hell will break loose! They also have 1st rounder Jerry Porter (NCAA sack leader at TCU) backing up at DE.

The receivers are loaded as well with TE-Jacob Tamme developing his game last year and now Dallas Clark is back. They have Wayne, Collie, Garcon, and Anthony Gonzalez rounding out the receivers.

Indy has a tough schedule but I see 11-5 or 12-4, another division title, and a good chance for a bye week! They went 10-6 last year with half the team injured so they have a chance to be very good when healthy. They still have some money left in FA so I would look for a veteran O-lineman, an extra safety, and a WR that Peyton likes in case Collie or someone else goes down!

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

They must stop the run if they want to have a chance to go deep in playoffs

mgcolby
    mgcolby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    The Colts are loaded at D-line this year. Rookie Drake Nevis from LSU(6-1, 294) is showing a burst in camp that the Colts have never had at DT! He was in several mock drafts in the late 1st round and the Colts were lucky to steal him in the 3rd round. Former Bear and All-Pro Tommie Harris looks great in camp as well. 300 pounder Fili Moala is going into his 3rd season and was playing very well at the end of the season. They also picked up former 1st rounder Jamal Anderson who will play DE but has the size (285) to rotate in at DT. Great pash rushers Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis usually both need to be double-teamed but if the DT's can do damage then all hell will break loose! They also have 1st rounder Jerry Porter (NCAA sack leader at TCU) backing up at DE.

The receivers are loaded as well with TE-Jacob Tamme developing his game last year and now Dallas Clark is back. They have Wayne, Collie, Garcon, and Anthony Gonzalez rounding out the receivers.

Indy has a tough schedule but I see 11-5 or 12-4, another division title, and a good chance for a bye week! They went 10-6 last year with half the team injured so they have a chance to be very good when healthy. They still have some money left in FA so I would look for a veteran O-lineman, an extra safety, and a WR that Peyton likes in case Collie or someone else goes down!
    Obviously Freeney and Mathis are beasts. But relying on a rookie to start right away at DT this season is a risky move IMO. Tommie Harris, it will be interesting to see if he has anything left in the tank. I know a strange statement to make for a guy who is only 28, but his last three seasons have been dissapointing to say the least. I know the Pats brought him in and kicked the tires, I am not aware of any reports leaking out of the Pats camp in regards to how his workout went. But I was definitely intrigued by him, if you are not banking on him starting it is a low-risk high-reward type signing.

Are you happy with your LB's? I won't even discuss your secondary as they seem to be able to plug any 5th round draft pick in there to play corner. And your safeties always seem to be around the ball even when they are not named Bob Sanders.

Now what good is a loaded WR corps if Painter is throwing them the ball? Just kidding. Definitely a position of strength and depth, which seems to be a must have for you guys the past few years. Do you think Gonzalez can stay healthy?

Are you concerned about your LT situation after losing Johnson? Does Linkenbach start at LT or do you see Constanzo have a shot at it? Or your line in general, how much longer can Saturday keep going what is he 36? 37? Diem is obviously back at RT, but what about your guards? Does Ijuana (SP?) have a shot at playing/starting? Would you feel comfortable having two rookies, albeit very talented ones, starting on the line with no OTA's, Rookie camp, Mini-Camp etc...?

And how is your RB situation looking?
    Last edited by mgcolby; 08-07-11 at 11:05 PM.

Hall2Collie
    Hall2Collie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Quote Originally Posted by mgcolby View Post
    Obviously Freeney and Mathis are beasts. But relying on a rookie to start right away at DT this season is a risky move IMO. Tommie Harris, it will be interesting to see if he has anything left in the tank. I know a strange statement to make for a guy who is only 28, but his last three seasons have been dissapointing to say the least. I know the Pats brought him in and kicked the tires, I am not aware of any reports leaking out of the Pats camp in regards to how his workout went. But I was definitely intrigued by him, if you are not banking on him starting it is a low-risk high-reward type signing.

Are you happy with your LB's? I won't even discuss your secondary as they seem to be able to plug any 5th round draft pick in there to play corner. And your safeties always seem to be around the ball even when they are not named Bob Sanders.

Now what good is a loaded WR corps if Painter is throwing them the ball? Just kidding. Definitely a position of strength and depth, which seems to be a must have for you guys the past few years. Do you think Gonzalez can stay healthy?

Are you concerned about your LT situation after losing Johnson? Does Linkenbach start at LT or do you see Constanzo have a shot at it? Or your line in general, how much longer can Saturday keep going what is he 36? 37? Diem is obviously back at RT, but what about your guards? Does Ijuana (SP?) have a shot at playing/starting? Would you feel comfortable having two rookies, albeit very talented ones, starting on the line with no OTA's, Rookie camp, Mini-Camp etc...?

Are you happy with your LB's?
    People are saying nice things about Ernie Sims (who is much better suited to the Colts system then Philly's D) but it's still a weak area on the team for sure

Do you think Gonzalez can stay healthy?
    He seems to catch wierd freak injuries so I think he has a decent shot at staying healthy.

Are you concerned about your LT situation after losing Johnson? Does Linkenbach start at LT or do you see Constanzo have a shot at it? Or your line in general
    Very concerned, I hope not, He has a shot for sure, The o-line gives is going to be AWFUL.

Rest of your questions on the o-line - Diem is really bad now, Saturday is slowing down, not comfortable with any of these o-lineman starting really. Hopefully it's Costanzo-DeVan-Saturday-McClendon/Ijalana/Diem.

1.Addai - Better then people make him out to be... it's hard to run behind this o-line.
    2.Brown - Showed a little promise when not injured
    3.Delone Carter - Looks like a beast of a power-back in camp according to reports
    4.Devin Moore/Darren Evans/Chad Spann - Probably whoever performs best in camp. I'm hoping for Moore. Shifty runner with speed.

For the OP - D-Line could be really special this year. Freeney/Mathis/Moala/Harris/Matthews/Nevis/Hughes/Anderson is probably the best rotation we've had in years.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

As I said the O-line is a concern but it should be better than last years group. Costanzo should start at LT and his strength is pass blocking. They would be well served to pickup some quality depth b4 too long....should be guys out there. LBs should be strong with Pat Angerer coming off a good rookie year and signing Ernie Sims. They need Brackett to stay healthy. Hopefully the Ravens-Steelers, Pats-Jets, and Chargers-Chiefs all take turns beating on each other. The Colts still own the AFC South

FJ_islander
    FJ_islander's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 477

Colts would really need to have a good rush defense with better play from their O line to buy Manning some time. If their T.E's and receivers hold up for the season then this would be a good year for the team. Oh failed to mention that a running game would also help. Now if Clark is healthy he does move the chain even if they don't have a good running game as he easily picks up a few yards every down but still with a somewhat decent running game they can sure keep the opposing defense true to their side of the scrum rather then rushing on every down.

mgcolby
    mgcolby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    As I said the O-line is a concern but it should be better than last years group. Costanzo should start at LT and his strength is pass blocking. They would be well served to pickup some quality depth b4 too long....should be guys out there. LBs should be strong with Pat Angerer coming off a good rookie year and signing Ernie Sims. They need Brackett to stay healthy. Hopefully the Ravens-Steelers, Pats-Jets, and Chargers-Chiefs all take turns beating on each other. The Colts still own the AFC South
    So what you are saying is you are not worried about Gabbert?

I don't know what to make of Tennessee with Hasselback and a new coaching staff. Houston should be "competetive" and Jax appears to be in the down year of their every other year system.

I forgot you guys signed Sims. He should help a lot.

play2winit
    play2winit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Indys offense will be there (when healthy) again Peyton just takes control of the team and the team chemistry is just very good as far as QB and receivers. You guys think there will be a considerably negative impact (from age) on the O-Line from the last 2 years?