4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

The San Diego CHARGERS are the best team in the AFC !

Offense

QB Rivers (star)

RB Ryan Matthews (potential star) RB2 Mike Tolbert (solid!)

WR Vincent Jackson (star) WR2 Malcolm Floyd (star) WR3 Patrick Crayton (solid!)

TE Antonio Gates (star)

Offensive Line: Jeromey Clary, Marcus McNeill, Kris Dielman, Nick Hardwick and Louis Vasquez (solid unit!!)

Analysis:

Last year pretty much all of the above players missed SIGNIFICANT time and a couple were forced out of the majority of the year with injury.. still san diego had statistically the best offense in the NFL. This year I expect this team to be one of the best offenses in the NFL, without a shadow of a doubt, if they all stay healthy. This shit is fukin dangerous!!

Defense

Safeties : Bob Sanders (key pro bowl addition!!) Eric Weddle (pro bowl) (best safety combination in the league?)

Outside Linebacker: Shaun Phillips (Pro Bowl)
    Inside Linebacker: Takeo Spikes (star!)
    Other Linebackers: Travis Laboy (veteran playmaker)

Defensive End: Luis Castillo (potential star!)

Analysis: at least 6 of the playing 11 on defense are potential stars and the rest are solid. San Diego was statistically one of the best defenses in the NFL last year and have gotten even better. This is a dangerous unit and will not be easy to score on at all..

Kicker : Nate Kaeding (star!!)

Analysis:

two-time Pro Bowler and is the most accurate field goal kicker in NFL history (86.5%)

I know that a lot of people will label this thread as being another one of those stupid attention seeking threads people make, or say this or say that..

but I honestly feel this is a SERIOUS superbowl contendor and I think that this is the year the chargers finish 12-4 or 13-3 and dont even give a sniff of a chance to anybody else in their division. They will lock up homefield advantage throughout the playoffs and from there I think they end up hosting the jets or pats in the afc championship game.

They will most likely end up in the superbowl and look out, cause san diego is hungry for a title!

Saunders FTW
    Saunders FTW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

I would actually agree with this. They are in my opinion the most talented but terrible coaching always screws them.. (Marty ball, Norv etc..)

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

they might win their division. probably not. good luck.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Sanders will suffer a season ending injury 5 minutes into the first preseason game, and Flloyd is not a star.

Chargers usually win the AFC paper champion preseason award, and they always find a way to underachieve. I don't see any reason that will change.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Rivers is not a winner. History proves it. One of the most talented teams every year. Why no one makes him accountable like they do other QBs is ridiculous.

MarlinsFan2212
    MarlinsFan2212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Nice Line, and Rivers, Gates and Jackson are stars. RBs are mediocre at best.

Pats, Jets, Ravens and Steelers are better.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Spikes is a star? His prime passed him by in Buffalo. Sanders is solid, but he won't be healthy for all 16 games. I would also say that Floyd is not a star WR in the NFL. He's solid, but he's not a #1 WR on ANY team in the NFL.

With that being said, San Diego still probably wins the AFC West

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Let me guess your a Chargers fan?

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

You have set the bar for a star/potential very, very low.

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chargers??????

Best in AFC?????

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

they will get off to a slow start again just like every single year under a horrible coach!

then they will get hot and struggle to make the playoffs!

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think you may have over exaggerated on a couple of those players (see Malcom Floyd), but the Chargers SHOULD be pretty good this year. As an above poster mentioned, this team tends to underachieve quite a bit (possibly due to injuries) and I don't really see them making a huge playoff run, but we'll see. My guess would be 10-6 or 11-5.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

They will lose their first game. Every year they lose their first game. Bet on it!

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    Rivers is not a winner. History proves it. One of the most talented teams every year. Why no one makes him accountable like they do other QBs is ridiculous.

geebert74
    geebert74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Wasnt there a thread like this last year about the homo-riffic chargers?

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Chargers window closed last year when they started the season horrible yet again. Theyll be 10-6 and probably miss the play offs unless they can win their division. But other than starting the season 1-3 there isnt a whole lot you can say about the Chargers.

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

this is a post from 4TH AND STUPID to me that he put in his thread, "i GUARANTEE the Miami Heat win game 5". as you may know, the miami heat did indeed lose game 5 Originally Posted by chargers4222 View Post hey what was the score in that super bowl game where san fran smacked you guys up back in 90 something... like 77-3? man it must be hard being a chargers fan. every year you struggle to win the easiest division in football and then get slapped up in the playoffs. vince young was not the problem in tennessee. of course, you, along with 95 % of the people who follow the media instead of thinking for yourself or examining the situation, would think so. even if on monday night football the teams own star players are wearing 'VY' towels in protest of vince leaving the team... but nope... the problem must have been vy. you're a clown bro. supercharge your way back to clown college after you lose your money tonight. Give Points

chargers4222

dont know how to copy and paste on here but if you didnt read the mumble i suggest you do. 4TH AND STUPID basically claimed how bad he thinks the chargers are then GUARANTEED the heat win game 5

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR

Quote Originally Posted by chargers4222 View Post
    dont know how to copy and paste on here but if you didnt read the mumble i suggest you do. 4TH AND STUPID basically claimed how bad he thinks the chargers are then GUARANTEED the heat win game 5

you dont even know how to wrap QUOTE tags around a quote why the fukk are you ridin my nuts around this forum?

you are not knowledgeable enough about football to be in my presence, even in the electronic world (internet). its really that simple.

just because i was making fun of the chargers OF THE PAST doesnt mean that i cant make an opinion about this team for the upcoming season.

the fact that i dont give a shit about them shows how unbias it is.

anyways, im glad to see the general response in this thread. nobody is giving the chargers any credit, and the public seems to think its 'same story different year' ....

too bad its not the same story... i could go on all day explaining why not but i'd rather watch the average football fan find out for themselves...

thats the beauty of the NFL...
    Last edited by 4TH AND STUPID; 08-06-11 at 12:57 AM.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Chiefs are. Jamal Charles is the most explosive player in the dreadful AFC west.

m4rka
    m4rka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1042

chargers always choke.. KC wins the division again with there new equipped offense... baldwin bowe and breaston.. laron mcclain and eric berry is a stud.

sanders wont stay healthy.. defense and special teams will make the chargers lose.

chargers4222

4th and stupid is such a loser flip flopper....wanna do a pick contest this year you send me your picks i send you mine and we see who wins

james4512
    james4512's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

malcolm floyd is def an emerging star but he is still a free agent not a charger

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    Sanders will suffer a season ending injury 5 minutes into the first preseason game, and Flloyd is not a star. Chargers usually win the AFC paper champion preseason award, and they always find a way to underachieve. I don't see any reason that will change.
    Spot on here, they also seem to have the injury bug.

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well, he has led the Chargers to the playoffs 4 out of the 5 years he has been the starter. He is consistently one of the top 3 rated passers in the league. He makes the pro bowl every year. He played in the AFC Championship game on a torn ACL. Last season he threw for over 4500 yards with practice squad players around him.

Guy is a flat out winner. Its too bad he can't play defense and special teams.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: slacker00

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

he agreed with the chargers on friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by james4512 View Post
    malcolm floyd is def an emerging star but he is still a free agent not a charger

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

2 words.....Norv Turner.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

This is the year that the Texans finally rise.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11934

every year i hear the same thing and every year they choke big time. rivers will never win the big game. never. his ass tightens up in big games.

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

Because more often than not, Rivers puts his team in a position to win and they blow it.

Yes, he's had some games where he didn't play well and the team has lost because of it. But they are few and far between. The difference between winning QBs (Brady, Roethlisberger) is that their teams step up when they have a bad game instead of fading. Whenever Brady seems to have an off game, the Patriots D steps up and bails him out. How many times has the Steelers run game/defense risen to the occasion when Big Ben couldn't complete a pass? The Chargers D never rises to the occasion. They usually falter from it. And the special teams last year. Sweet Jesus.

Rivers doesn't get the blame because most of San Diego's losses come in the form of wideout's dropping would- -be-game-winning touchdowns in the endzone (KC), getting two punts blocked returned for points (Oak), a rookie wr thinking he's still in college and forgetting he's not down until touched and fumbling away a scoring drive (NE), the field goal unit false starting and turning a last second 46 yard chippy into a 51 yarder and the kicker missing it (NE), giving up two kick-off returns for touchdowns, including one late in the 4th quarter after a Rivers drive tied it up (SEA), etc etc.

Certainly every QB has moments when his team disintegrates. But then he often has moments when the picks him up when he's playing like shit. The Chargers seem to implode precisely at the moment Rivers has brought them back or put them out front. (can you say in the playoffs against the Jets or Pats?) And they never seem to step up when Rivers plays poorly and win a game on their own. That is a coaching problem. And that is why the Pats/Steelers win Superbowls, and the Chargers don't make the playoffs.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Qtip

big cheyo
    big cheyo's Avatar Become A Pro!

this could be the year, chargers are at +1000 for the superbowl, its time they take it

mgcolby
    mgcolby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

Can someone please explain to me what Ryan Mathews has done in the NFL to make anyone think he is a potential star other than getting drafted way to high? Thank you in advance...

And for the record I liked Mathews coming out of college, but he was a huge disappointment as a rookie and then comes into camp out of shape and failed his conditioning test. That screams pathetic to me...

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR

Quote Originally Posted by chargers4222 View Post
    4th and stupid is such a loser flip flopper....wanna do a pick contest this year you send me your picks i send you mine and we see who wins

im so sick of you you please get a girlfriend and stop following me around..

make any contest you want.. im down. its time to bury you like the b**** you are. create a thread a contest anything , im sick of you following me around you big dutty rass

you can spend the next 50 years analyzing the NFL and you wont be able to cap it like me.

i'll f*** you til you love me fa****

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

LMAO....Colts fan here....GL with Bob Sanders....all quarter and a half you get out of him! Ryan Matthews has alot of talent and could be a factor but I think SD's best chances are behind them. KC is much improved and will win the division again imo. I will say SD would go 19-0 if they played the Colts every week....they own us for some reason?

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    Sanders will suffer a season ending injury 5 minutes into the first preseason game, and Flloyd is not a star.

Chargers usually win the AFC paper champion preseason award, and they always find a way to underachieve. I don't see any reason that will change.

this

12 Last