jetsjets1028
    jetsjets1028's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1363

hahahaahahahah dallas hahahahaha you should be comedian the cow girls with qb tony homo compared to the nasty nasty eagles with vick brown good wrs just picked up that great defender stealing him from my jets philly easily and prob makes it to superbowl vs jets as in baseballwatch it be philly red sox damn philly

MarlinsFan2212
    MarlinsFan2212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Romo chokes all the time, but when hes good, hes an elite QB.
    Bryant will emerge as a Top 5 NFL receiver, Austin is already a stud, and Witten will dominate as usual.

Defense cant be any worse than last year.

Will finish either 1st or 2nd.

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Losing Marion Barber is gonna put alot of pressure on Romo.

Choice is still a great back but Barber was there closer late in the game and bruiser on 3rd and short.

Barber hasn't been a closer since 2008 and was horrible in short yardage.

KKoz9

Romo haters are ridiculous...

kfranz31
    kfranz31's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1914

its a lock jerry jones is god

FishFace5
    FishFace5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

^^
    Disgusting post. Outrageous statements everywhere.
    1st off your whole argument is based on Vick getting hurt. Maybe he misses a few games but you certainly cant say its probable he receives a season ending injury.
    Saying the eagles defense is awful is just plain wrong. They have 3 exceptional cover corners which will allow them to focus on and gameplan for the holes in the run defense.
    I'm a Giant fan so please dont think I'm some fan glorifying my team.
    Im a realist. The Eagles have far and away the best team in the NFC east. The Cowboys suck and theyve gotten worse since last year. If you want to talk about something that is the most overrated in NFL history you have to look no farther than your worthless pretty boy QB. (who ever decided he was good???..... kid is a glorified back-up)

FishFace5

Quote Originally Posted by KKoz9 View Post
    Romo haters are ridiculous...
    .......Romo supporters are ridiculous.
    Would like to hear the defense in support of him.
    I personally think hes average at best. Could you make an intelligent argument to prove me wrong?

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

fukface5,

Odds on romo have a better year than eli manning:-

romo -150
    eli +140

giants lucked out in 2007...they are still living in the past. They wont win shit this year..wont even make it to the playoffs. I will bump this thread when the season ends.

I am not a dallas fan but dallas will bounce back this year.

you keep talking about romo...what about eli...he is just living off of his brother's reputation. He has not had a good year except 2007 where he lucked out with a fluke catch. I am not a big fan of romo either...but his skill sets are way better than that of eli.

venice2222
    venice2222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2354

cowboys need to get rid of Romo before they have a chance of doing anything special.

FishFace5

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    fukface5, odds on romo have a better year than eli manning:- romo -150 eli +140 giants lucked out in 2007...they are still living in the past. They wont win shit this year..wont even make it to the playoffs. I will bump this thread when the season ends. I am not a dallas fan but dallas will bounce back this year. you keep talking about romo...what about eli...he is just living off of his brother's reputation. He has not had a good year except 2007 where he lucked out with a fluke catch. I am not a big fan of romo either...but his skill sets are way better than that of eli.
    Listen cheech, go easy on the insults, we can have an adult conversation without your comments.
    I didnt start this thread, you did. Im not calling for the Giants to win the division this year, I understand my team is probably looking at a tough year. My point is the cowboys have about the same chance as the Giants do. (which isnt a good 1). The NFC is loaded this year and I dont see either of the 2 wildcards coming out of the NFC East.
    ....... Eli is better than Romo. Maybe not by much but he is better. He has better stats and more wins. I'm not going to attempt to glorify Eli but I think I could fairly easily bring up some stats that show Eli is the better QB.

FishFace5

^^
    ^^
    Should have know you werent looking to actually have a reasonable debate \ argument \ conversation.
    You just like to start silly threads, talking from your high horse like you somehow know more than the rest of us. I'm less than impressed with you to say the least.
    Both the wagers you've suggested in this thread are dead money. Keep up the good work.

ROYAJA8
    ROYAJA8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 257

Cowboys will have a top 3 offense. Romo has the best wr duo in Dez and Miles, Great TE group with Witten, Bennet and Phillips. Felix finally gets the chance to shine with no slow Barber, Choice and Murray will be good backups. Our defense will be way better with the Defensive genius Ryan.With his great defensive schemes our secondary will improve hugely and especially no sorry ball at safety anymore. Also we finally replace our terrible kicker with one of the best kickers in college Bailey or Forbath. Big Red Jason Garrett will lead us to at least 12 wins.

linedrivr
    I'm your huckleberry
    linedrivr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

Quote Originally Posted by venice2222 View Post
    cowboys need to get rid of Romo before they have a chance of doing anything special.
    there are far more important positions that need upgrade before replacing Romo will do any good.

FishFace5

^^
    Roya posted the best argument in support of Dallas so far. Sounds like the words of a true homer but none the less it was a good argument. I think 12 wins is probably next to impossible for you this year but thats just my opinion.

nflstatsblog
    nflstatsblog's Avatar Become A Pro!

I honestly would be shocked if the Eagles didn't win the NFC East (unless Vick gets hurts). The Skins stink, the Giants have too many question marks, and the Cowboys have proven over the last 10 years that they can't be consistent.

Asomugha has been with a horrible Oakland team, so it's easy to overlook how dramatic his impact on a team can be. Neither the Giants/Skins/Cowboys have the running game, IMO, to overcome or at least put the Eagles pass defense in check.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

well i think we can all agree it won't be the Redskins to win the division. So I think Dallas atleast finishes in the top 3 in the NFC East.

Ice House

I would have to say that Eli Manning is slightly better than Tony Romo so I might have to give the edge to the Giants as being better than the Cowboys

Ice House

Although Dex Bryant is crazy good.

Dabeergod
    Da Big D Boyz !!!
    Dabeergod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 279

I'm wiling to put up any amount of a point bet that Romo will have a better year then Eli. Yards/tds/qb rating
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: vyomguy

RonChapman68
    RonChapman68's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by NardVa View Post
    Eagles might do what Dallas did last year which was thinking their ticket was already punched for the Super Bowl before the season began. Don't be surprised if Philly ends up like Dallas did last year.
    I agree with you 100%. Philly will flop this year

KKoz9

Quote Originally Posted by FishFace5 View Post
    .......Romo supporters are ridiculous.
    Would like to hear the defense in support of him.
    I personally think hes average at best. Could you make an intelligent argument to prove me wrong?

You're a hater and an idiot - but even you are entitled to an opinion.

CAREER NFL PASSER RATINGS

1 Aaron Rodgers 98.4 2 Philip Rivers 97.2 3 Steve Young 96.8 4 Tony Romo 95.5 5 Tom Brady 95.2 6 Peyton Manning 94.9 7 Kurt Warner 93.7 8 Ben Roethlisberger 92.5 9 Joe Montana 92.3 10 Drew Brees 91.7

Passer rating is a measure of the performance of quarterbacks based on their statistics independent of the success, or lack thereof, of their teams' records.

The NFL rates its passers for statistical purposes against a fixed performance standard based on statistical achievements of all qualified pro passers since 1960. The current system replaced one that rated passers in relation to their position in a total group based on various criteria. The current system, which was adopted in 1973, removes inequities that existed in the former method and, at the same time, provides a means of comparing passing performances from one season to the next.

If stats mean nothing, then I guess all the rest of these guys are "average at best" too?
    Last edited by KKoz9; 08-03-11 at 08:59 PM.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Quote Originally Posted by Dabeergod View Post
    I'm wiling to put up any amount of a point bet that Romo will have a better year then Eli. Yards/tds/qb rating
    But who will have a better snap holding %?

Dabeergod
    Da Big D Boyz !!!
    Dabeergod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 279

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    But who will have a better snap holding %?
    lik a sambodddeeeeeee fuc yu

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LOL LMAO ROFL ROFLMAO ZOMGBBQPIZZA

Dallas and Redskins fans really going off on how free agency can't help your team! The same two fanbases who year after year watch their franchises overspend on crappy, questionable guys like aging Owens, Pac-Man Jones McNabb, and Haynesworth, and say that it will miraculously transform their poor to average teams into contenders!

Well, news flash, the Eagles already were super bowl contenders. They already had the #3 scoring offense in the NFL, they already have all the core guys in place. They are defending NFC East champs. They hung right in with the eventual super bowl champions.

Best of all, they did it without blowing money, draft picks, and cap space on terrible moves that don't work out, like Haynesworth or Roy Williams. They waited for the right year, then spent all that cap space at once to shore up the defense and the O-line.

They took a leaky battleship, patched up the holes, and added a couple new cannons. It's nothing like the turd-polishing that Washington and Dallas have been doing in free agency.

I could understand Patriots and Green Bay fans talking smack, but the Redskins and Cowboys are terrible and there's no logical reason to believe that will change. Sure, those franchises have a great past, but the Eagles have an awesome present and future. Enjoy living in the 90's. Maybe you should go buy some parachute pants that were in style that last time your team was good.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I'm curious to see what kind of impact Rob Ryan will have on the Dallas defense this year. It should definitely improve.

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

You're a hater and an idiot - but even you are entitled to an opinion. CAREER NFL PASSER RATINGS 1 Aaron Rodgers 98.4 2 Philip Rivers 97.2 3 Steve Young 96.8 4 Tony Romo 95.5 5 Tom Brady 95.2 6 Peyton Manning 94.9 7 Kurt Warner 93.7 8 Ben Roethlisberger 92.5 9 Joe Montana 92.3 10 Drew Brees 91.7 Passer rating is a measure of the performance of quarterbacks based on their statistics independent of the success, or lack thereof, of their teams' records. The NFL rates its passers for statistical purposes against a fixed performance standard based on statistical achievements of all qualified pro passers since 1960. The current system replaced one that rated passers in relation to their position in a total group based on various criteria. The current system, which was adopted in 1973, removes inequities that existed in the former method and, at the same time, provides a means of comparing passing performances from one season to the next. If stats mean nothing, then I guess all the rest of these guys are "average at best" too?
    Passer rating? You're actually defending Romo's choke-job career with an outdated and irrelevant stat?

The best thing I like about Romo is that Dallas has hitched their wagon to him--it ensures failure for the foreseeable future.

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

sergio romo > tony romo

FishFace5

You're a hater and an idiot - but even you are entitled to an opinion. CAREER NFL PASSER RATINGS 1 Aaron Rodgers 98.4 2 Philip Rivers 97.2 3 Steve Young 96.8 4 Tony Romo 95.5 5 Tom Brady 95.2 6 Peyton Manning 94.9 7 Kurt Warner 93.7 8 Ben Roethlisberger 92.5 9 Joe Montana 92.3 10 Drew Brees 91.7 Passer rating is a measure of the performance of quarterbacks based on their statistics independent of the success, or lack thereof, of their teams' records. The NFL rates its passers for statistical purposes against a fixed performance standard based on statistical achievements of all qualified pro passers since 1960. The current system replaced one that rated passers in relation to their position in a total group based on various criteria. The current system, which was adopted in 1973, removes inequities that existed in the former method and, at the same time, provides a means of comparing passing performances from one season to the next. If stats mean nothing, then I guess all the rest of these guys are "average at best" too?
    ...... C'mon Cha-chi.... You called me an idiot and then based your whole argument on passer rating. HAHA
    GL with Romo, hope it works out for you.
    You gonna try to tell me Romo is in the same league as any one of those QB's?????
    Romo hasnt won a big game in his whole life. I will repeat, he is an average QB at best..... apparently hes an average QB with a nice passer rating. HAHA....
    Leave the insults out next time you're gonna come with a shit argument

LovetoSpooge
    LovetoSpooge's Avatar Become A Pro!

...... C'mon Cha-chi.... You called me an idiot and then based your whole argument on passer rating. HAHA
    You gonna try to tell me Romo is in the same league as any one of those QB's?????
    Romo hasnt won a big game in his whole life. I will repeat, he is an average QB at best..... apparently hes an average QB with a nice passer rating. HAHA....
    I agree with fukface5

FlaxMartin
    FlaxMartin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5146

LOl that wyom guys speaks like he believs the giants will go 0-16. Wake up son

KKoz9

Quote Originally Posted by KingOftheSpread View Post
    What about two years ago when he beat the Eagles in the playoffs? Pretty big game I would say...

this ^^^

KKoz9

No, he's not in the same league as those guys minus one thing...Super Bowl win, except for Rivers, and what exactly makes him so superior to Romo?

If that's you're whole argument (frankly I haven't seen any argument which requires a "defense" to prove you wrong, you've not been proven right lol) then you are correct, he is not one of the 27 give or take QBs out of thousands to win one.

What if he does, is he then in the same league?

He's a 3 time Pro Bowler (out of 5 years playing) with the stats above and a 8.1 yards per attempt (important stat to those who know anything about football), 25 300+ yard games in 4.5 years, and a 41-28 starting record including, yes, 1-3 in the playoffs, big deal, which of those games exactly did HE play badly?
    Last edited by KKoz9; 08-04-11 at 12:48 PM.

KKoz9

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyk1133 View Post
    Passer rating? You're actually defending Romo's choke-job career with an outdated and irrelevant stat?

The best thing I like about Romo is that Dallas has hitched their wagon to him--it ensures failure for the foreseeable future.
    Passer rating is an official NFL stat and is shown on nearly every telecast so what makes it outdated and irrelevant besides your opinion?

When exactly did he choke, aside from dropping a FG snap which has nothing to do with playing QB? He's the one that put them in that position to win the game if you recall.

Every one of those QBs above have lost playoff games, including Super Bowls, are they chokers too?

I seem to remember Elway and P Manning having choker label at one time. Are they? What about Rivers?

Get real, dude, we get it, you don't like him, but facts are facts, see post #69 , though not elite, he's a good QB, top 10 consensus and just because he plays for the Cowboys people like you flame him with no measurable argument aside form "choker" and "no heart".

You haters need to come with something better than the fact that he wears funny hats.
    Bring something tangible.
    Last edited by KKoz9; 08-04-11 at 12:44 PM.

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

Passer rating is an official NFL stat and is shown on nearly every telecast so what makes it outdated and irrelevant besides your opinion? When exactly did he choke, aside from dropping a FG snap which has nothing to do with playing QB? He's the one that put them in that position to win the game if you recall. Every one of those QBs above have lost playoff games, including Super Bowls, are they chokers too? I seem to remember Elway and P Manning having choker label at one time. Are they? What about Rivers? Get real, dude, we get it, you don't like him, but facts are facts, see post #69 , though not elite, he's a good QB, top 10 consensus and just because he plays for the Cowboys people like you flame him with no measurable argument aside form "choker" and "no heart". You haters need to come with something better than the fact that he wears funny hats. Bring something tangible.
    Are you serious right now? Just because a stat is "official" or shown on TV doesn't make it legitimate. You do know that ESPN is working on improving the QB passer rating and it should be out tomorrow. I can't vouch for how good it will be, but it includes rushes, passes, sacks, fumbles, interceptions and penalties and calculates the per-play net impact of the quarterback. It should give you some clue at how misleading the existing one is.

The sad part of this debate is that you actually brought in the names Elway and P Manning into this. If you don't think Romo is a choker, go back and check his December/January career record...you know....when games become important.

FishFace5

^^
    good points KK. You're calling out "haters" in your post but I don't feel like that's what I'm doing.
    My points were simply that the Eagles are better than the cowboys and the cowboys winning the east is not realistic imo. I've also been taking some shots at the guys, yourself included, who seem to be glorifying Romo as an elite QB. You posted some nice stats about him and 3 pro bowls in 5 years is impressive.
    I say he is average because to me he is not a top 10 QB in the league. He might be #11 but imo that still makes him average.
    I call him average because he has been the starting QB on a team that supposedly has Superbowl asperations every year but they dont even end up winning a playoff game. (you caught me fellas he does have 1 big win in his life, but 1 big win still means average at best)

First 123 Last