Mw1264
    Mw1264's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

When do bookies make the most money in NFL

I am booking NFL and college this year and I have had a lot of speculation about this, for me it seems like I would make the most money the first 4 weeks of the season because nobody knows who is going to do what (especially after this late signing were seeing this year because of the lockout) but I am not sure, let me know what to expect. Ps Bears falcons superbowl had faith in the raves but not sure anymore

305GURU
    305GURU's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bears in the SB, i dunno bout that, ATL seems more likely, i made the most cash last year in the playoffs and in the SB, first few weeks could be profitable, only cause vegas gives some quest. lines and only sharps will see between the "lines" most of the time they wont, resulting in u cashing in GL this year

Mw1264
    Mw1264's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

yeah wouldn't doubt the playoffs shit the seahawks raked in some solid cash for bookies, I would have bet the house on that game but overslept.

NutsINyoMOUTH
    NutsINyoMOUTH's Avatar Become A Pro!

bookies make the most money when the Patriots play in the first round of the playoffs

DarkMage
    DarkMage's Avatar Become A Pro!

Super Bowl has to be the highest volume day of any sport especially if the public gets hosed.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

You lose money on preseason games and the first few weeks of the regular season. It's a guessing game.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

I disagree completely. The books always spank the players in October and November, when the numbers tighten. The books are most vulnerable in September and December, when there is a larger anomaly of results. Then the playoffs are always good $$$.

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

monday nighters are often the heaviest bet games of the week. chasers who get cleaned out on Sunday trying to win that money back

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadSniper View Post
    monday nighters are often the heaviest bet games of the week. chasers who get cleaned out on Sunday trying to win that money back
    If you're booking try and setup a system where your players have to either pay up or cash out weekly (this system for football especially). Why I tell you to do this is because your average gambler will bet a few baseball games here or there during the week at the beginning of the season and probably lose a bit. Come Sunday they will bet on the early afternoon games and later afternoon games. If their down a nice chunk of change come Sunday evening you better believe they're going to try to "break even" come that Sunday night game. The books set these Sunday night/Monday night games to perfection. You'll make the majority of your money if you follow what I said on Sunday night games..believe me. I've seen this happen word for word plenty of times.

JosephPavs
    JosephPavs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

Hopefully you are even on both sides so all you are worried about is pushing or making the juice

FJ_islander
    FJ_islander's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 477

Most of the time the bookies are the ones making money. The best way to make any money is to be a bookie. If you know people that Gamble and have them book their plays with you, you will stay ahead of most of them. As for when is the best time to make money as a bookie, I would say after thanksgiving.

Daveyboy
    Daveyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

When the heavy favourites lose...

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

When JJGold bets

Rookie-Capper
    Rookie-Capper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3446

on sundays

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

considering youre too stupid to even know that the bears and falcons could not be in the superbowl together be cause they are both in the NFC, i wouldnt be involved in sports gambling in any way if i was you

LineKrusher
    LineKrusher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

When everyone on the boards here likes a game, you Know it's gonna LOSE !!!

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

If you dont have a bank you will be wiped out in the first 5 weeks, If you get past this right around thanksgiving and christmas you will start to get it back and ruin all whose holiday that bets with you.

topgame85
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3082

Have limits so they can not chase too much start people out with low limits and a percent max bet like $1500 credit $150 max wager then increase it as they pay or you see they are a fish. Use a PPH shop that maxs parlays at like 4 teams so most exposure is a $1500 hit on one wager and one that does not post ML's on teams over +400 etc. Risk management is your most imporrtant tool as a bookmaner.

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

First four weeks will make you wish you never started booking... Then mid season hits and you're rolling in dough.

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer View Post
    First four weeks will make you wish you never started booking... Then mid season hits and you're rolling in dough.
    separates the men from the boys, thats for sure

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadSniper View Post
    Bingo!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

When paco bets -2.5 road chalk for $6300 and they win by 2 points the books make most money.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    When paco bets -2.5 road chalk for $6300 and they win by 2 points the books make most money.
    That shit came down to the last play with Titans down 9 with less than 30 seconds left. U know that was bullshit. The right call woulda been to take a FG and try onside kick. Say whatever u want, u know that game shoulda been a winner.

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14852

Lines are usually considered 'softer' in the first few weeks. If you are booking, you should keep a closer eye on the line moves then and adjust if you don't want to get buried early.

Later in the season, you'll have chances to be more opinionated with some of the numbers and rake it in big time with the vig in your favor.

topgame85
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3082

what PPH shop you using

Joe Dogs
    Joe Dogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Do you plan on laying anything off?

Or are you gonna gamble?

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

lines are about to get sharp aren't they? we still haven't had a week of huge upsets.... remember last year there were some big time upsets I believe around October

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

lines don't get sharper, 16 weeks of games cannot justify enough data for a sharp line to be made whatever that is anyway. lines are no sharper now than they will be in week 16 of the nfl. they do however seem closer to the number (reason why books limit playoff teaser amounts) during the playoffs because teams play a different style at that point. nonetheless don't over think the lines too much as they are just an estimate. books are no smarter than someone who follows the games closely and pays attention.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post
    lines are about to get sharp aren't they? we still haven't had a week of huge upsets.... remember last year there were some big time upsets I believe around October
    Should happen this week.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

i would pay double juice to bet with you, since you have 2 nfc teams in the superbowl. i hope your customers are as knowledgeless as you are. you know nothing about football booking or betting. that is apparent.