Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Anyone see the Edm/Tor screwjob at halftime?

What a screwjob, how in the world can they signal halftime, come back and then let the Eskimos score a TD?

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

rule is they stop the clock when the whistle were blown, it was a right call to review it . The whistle blew around 2 secondish and that was the right call imo. its good though because i might middle my arogs bet i can see them covering but not winning the game.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am watching the game and even though I have my money on Edm-8 it was an absolutely horrendous mistake by the game officials. Half-time was called and that should not be overturned. If the refs have the ability to review the play (when the whistle blows) they should obviously wait 2 seconds before waving the flag. If you follow football in Canada at all, I go to all the Soo Steelers games (won the Canadian championships the last 2 years) and it often takes over 3 hours for a game because the refs feel like talking about every fucken play for 2 minutes -- there's no tv timeouts either.... the refs should talk it out if there's any question at all.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by AribaAriba View Post
    rule is they stop the clock when the whistle were blown, it was a right call to review it . The whistle blew around 2 secondish and that was the right call imo. its good though because i might middle my arogs bet i can see them covering but not winning the game.
    After the review it was the correct call to have another down. However, the rulebook most likely says something to the effect of, "once the flag is waved, the first half is completed." Unless they have changed the rulebook since video review it was a wrong call to overturn the initial decision of ending the half.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

I just think the refs handled it poorly.

Regardless if it was the right call, they should not have made them come back after signalling half-time. That was somewhat unfair.