donkdown
    donkdown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Manning and Brees holding up deal being reached!!!

There are more problems in the final days of the CBA negotiations between the owners and players and those issues settle around Peyton Manning and Drew Brees.

Multiple sources say that Manning, one of the named plaintiffs, wants immediate free agency in order to settle the lawsuit. Those sources also say Brees wants to be a free agent next year. The sources say lawyers for the NFLPA have asked NFL owners for those two things in addition to the reported demands from players Logan Mankins and Vincent Jackson.

The new CBA will get done but this is still a troubling sign that the the NFLPA is making last ditch efforts to get more from the owners. It can, indeed, slow things down.

Again, a deal will get done this week but this is not great news.

Brees is scheduled to earn $10 million in 2011 and Manning was tagged for 2011 that would pay him $23 million.

A CBA cannot be agreed upon unless all the plaintiffs settle the case.

BookiesBernanke
    BookiesBernanke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

all the more reason to hit them as hard as you possibly can

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Both jerkoffs in real life so not surprised

xyzky
    xyzky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

WTF...I need pre-season football!! F-ing baseball

soli
    soli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22124

Well, I don't see no harm in asking if you know a deal is going through. That's just like asking a girl for some head too after she already said she was going to give you some pussy.

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its over. They have a deal.

Per ESPN the Packers through back channels have told their players to report on Saturday.

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

"Peyton Manning and Drew Brees have both requested exemptions from the franchise tag as part of the NFL's new Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Vincent Jackson and Logan Mankins have essentially done the same. Some reporters have made a big deal of the players' franchise exemption requests, billing them as potential holdups in labor negotiations. ESPN's Adam Schefter doubts they will be a problem, however. In a worst case scenario, the league could pay Jackson and Mankins money in order to "make them go away." Whatever the players would command is pocket change in the big picture"

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

manning/brees have never been the clean cut gentlemen they are made out to be (because he's white). just like favre...

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

I hope manning and brees get their way, nobody goes to a game to watch a old trust fund baby smoking cigars in a suite.

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    I hope manning and brees get their way, nobody goes to a game to watch a old trust fund baby smoking cigars in a suite.
    shows how ignorant you are

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by nosniboR11 View Post
    shows how ignorant you are
    tell me why, steer-wrangler?? Or do you only care about watching football(something you're too fat to play)...

SpreadSniper

for a guy to be whining about making 23 million for the year, it's a smack in the face to us fans to complain if you ask me.... lower salaries = lower ticket prices = lower concession prices=lower parking prices=lower merchandise prices.... no1 should be making that kind of money at the expense of others.

doylfish
    doylfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9805

now manning and brees too? i heard about mankins and jackson..getting more pissed with mankins by the minute and the sad thing is the pats o-line will really suffer if we lose him, but he's turning into a huge doucher

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

just settle this fukking thing already, we need football to get back ASAP, and no missed games!

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Quote Originally Posted by doylfish View Post
    now manning and brees too? i heard about mankins and jackson..getting more pissed with mankins by the minute and the sad thing is the pats o-line will really suffer if we lose him, but he's turning into a huge doucher
    Can't blame Mankins, the Owner, Kraft was a real prick in his dealing with him. I'd like to see the Cowboys make a run at Mankins, but don't think they could make the cap space.

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadSniper View Post
    for a guy to be whining about making 23 million for the year, it's a smack in the face to us fans to complain if you ask me.... lower salaries = lower ticket prices = lower concession prices=lower parking prices=lower merchandise prices.... no1 should be making that kind of money at the expense of others.
    You think an owner is going to lower ticket prices because his team salary is lower? That's absurd.

PLAYA-PLAYA
    PLAYA-PLAYA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Manning is getting OLD------Not Worth $23 MILLION----NO ONE IS-----BREES IS OVER PAID ------AT $11 MILLION----NOT WORTH THAT ----ROGERS IS THE NUMBER ONE QB IN LEAGUE RIGHT NOW------BUT NO ONE IS WORTH THAT KIND OF MONEY-----JOCKS COULD NOT MAKE $1 MILLION IN THE REAL WORLD THESE DAYS---NEED TO GET REAL-----THEY PLAY LESS THAN 20 GAMES TOTAL

SpreadSniper

Quote Originally Posted by floridagolfer View Post
    You think an owner is going to lower ticket prices because his team salary is lower? That's absurd.
    I don't think this is going to happen... Im just stating the fact that instead of whining about HOW much they are going to be making, and thats a hell of a lot of money to do something you love, we should be whining about how much we have to pay for this shit..... We idolize these fukks, shell out crazy amounts of money for their tickets, merchandise etc... and this is how they repay us loyal fans of the game.

Something about greed being a deadly sin......

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

fuk nfl , need mlb year round . . fuk nfl all are over paid check cashers

doylfish

Quote Originally Posted by Roadtrip635 View Post
    Can't blame Mankins, the Owner, Kraft was a real prick in his dealing with him. I'd like to see the Cowboys make a run at Mankins, but don't think they could make the cap space.
    depends what you've read about it. i will not say mankins isn't a great player, but it goes both ways, the reasons why players like wilfork and brady have gotten paid is they haven't held out and made huge spectacles of themselves to try to get a bigger deal. granted there were some wilfork grumblings, but he still went out and did his job and he got his in the end. you wanna get paid and play on a winning team year in and year out there's a specific way you act.

not to mention mankins gripe was over a pretty fair contract offer at the time..6 years 45.5 million is nothing to sneeze at and now he has a guaranteed 1 year 10+ million deal coming his way so i really don't understand all the b*tching

doylfish

Quote Originally Posted by sweethook View Post
    fuk nfl , need mlb year round . . fuk nfl all are over paid check cashers
    dude you just described the mlb in a nutshell. mlb has highest average player salary at almost $3.5 million and every contract signed is guaranteed for every dollar till the day it runs out..football, not so much. yeah they might get large contracts, but it's only the guaranteed dollars that matter and the second they stop producing at their level they're either cut or threatened to be cut if not restructured. those guys get abused for their dollars, especially considering average running back lasts just under 3 years now

and baseball is probably my favorite sport, i'm just saying..numbers don't lie

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

Arthur blank trust fund baby? Jerry jones? Wtf. Your trust fund must be backed by the stupidity gene.

thunderingherd23
    thunderingherd23's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't understand why these players are suing

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Peyton Manning...one of the funniest SNL skits ever....friggin classic

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80542965/

"Cops...everyone for themselves"

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadSniper View Post

congrats

you win the dumbest post of the day

lower prices

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11806

the players are turning this deal down big time. wont get close to 50%. but thats ok because we will have college football every sunday

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

tell me why, steer-wrangler?? Or do you only care about watching football(something you're too fat to play)...
    again shows your ignorance, steer wrangler, ok too fat, lol, guarantee you I would kick your RACIST steroid using ass, with ease

Brewers in 7
    SBR owes me 45 points
    Brewers in 7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1303

they keep saying we haven't seen what the proposal is.. Does it really matter when only about 15% of the players can read and write above a 3rd grade level??

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by nosniboR11 View Post
    again shows your ignorance, steer wrangler, ok too fat, lol, guarantee you I would kick your RACIST steroid using ass, with ease
    Steroids?? more like Costco...

And how are you going to kick my ass??

And keep giving points to racists posts you fukking coward.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by falconticket View Post
    Arthur blank trust fund baby? Jerry jones? Wtf. Your trust fund must be backed by the stupidity gene.
    You should go watch and bet how many martinis Jerry jones has, clearly your on the side of the old farts that you watch on tv. You must stop your DVR everytime they show a owner and mesmerize at their fast jukes and throws.

Robust
    Losing
    Robust's Avatar Become A Pro!

all about da money.. always is.. on both sides.. so of course the players are gonna get theirs..

Robust

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post

Thanks. I needed a laugh. Peyton the badass.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Hopefully they get a deal done today not sure though.

sonyman
    sonyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post

I agree. I still think that is funny.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

peyton manning is a selfish prick that only knows how to f*** indoors.

12 Last