BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

Betterbizness' 2014 CFL Thoughts

Last year, we had a pretty decent thread in the CFL, found here...

This year we'll be starting a little earlier than week 10 though...

One more week of Pre-Season, and the the games will officially begin.

Despite losing a little last season, I made a prediction on every game, side and total...With 4 games a week there are just some things that I felt just had to be done...and thus I will be doing the same thing this year.

Although with that said I may tweak things a bit as for a "better/best" bet of the week...

Lets have a great season...

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

First things first... Lets figure out if our South of the border friends can watch the games...

http://blog.timesunion.com/sportsmed...-network/7047/

The NFL Network announced one of its lockout-production plans today: Two Canadian Football League games per week this season.

No precise number of telecasts was announced. The network aired 14 games last season. As part of a new agreement with the CFL, the network has the option to show additional games in the regular season (read: in case the lockout doesn’t end), the CFL playoffs and the Grey Cup championship game.

The schedule for the first five weeks (all times Eastern):

Week 1
    Thursday, June 30: British Columbia at Montreal, 7:30
    Saturday, July 2: Toronto at Calgary, 8
    Week 2
    Saturday, July 9: Montreal at Saskatchewan, 4
    Saturday, July 9: Hamilton at Edmonton, 7
    Week 3
    Saturday, July 16: Saskatchewan at Hamilton, 4
    Saturday, July 16: British Columbia at Edmonton, 7
    Week 4
    Saturday, July 23: Edmonton at Calgary, 7
    Sunday, July 24: Saskatchewan at Montreal, 7
    Week 5
    Thursday, July 28: British Columbia at Winnipeg, 8
    Saturday, July 30: Calgary at Saskatchewan, 9:30

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

Finally boys and girls... Week 1

Thu, June 30
    BC @ Montreal

Fri, July 1
    Winnipeg @ Hamilton
    Toronto @ Calgary

Saturday, July 2
    Edmonton @ Saskatchewan

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

Thu, June 30
    BC @ Montreal

Fri, July 1
    Winnipeg @ Hamilton
    Toronto @ Calgary

Saturday, July 2
    Edmonton @ Saskatchewan

Not with much analysis.... but I'm definitely looking at both Toronto and Edmonton to cover in week 1...

Hamilton may open strong... BC @ Montreal will be troubling...
    Points Awarded:

JT OZ gave BetterBizness 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

best of luck

JT OZ
    JT OZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

BB I'm glad to see you're doing a thread for the season I'm excited for it to start. GL to you and I'll be around quite a bit.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

CFL Week 1

June 30/11

BC @ Montreal -6.5 O/U 53

Clearly hard to make monster predictions here in week one, but looking back a couple of years to see sme trends...

Montreal clearly has their sheit together early on, as they do for most of the season. Week 1 though in 2010, they got into it with Saskatchewan 54-51 (40-40 in Reg time), and with Calgary the year before 30-27.

BC last year beat Edmonton 25-10 in week 1, and the year before lost to the Riders 28-24... If anything, I'm not convinced on the side itself, but I would expect that both of these teams are going to get 20+ a piece... in fact, I may even bet that they may score 30+ each. The fact that this year is going to start the Lions with QB Lulay is even bigger in my opinion to get there.

I will reluctantly side with the 6.5 on the Als, and give the points, but small... Montreal is a Veteran team, and I expect things to be swinging in full force from the opening kick. From the early reports, Montreal, has actually gotten BETTER in the off season even after winning the Grey Cup, that's a scary thought... neverthelees, I wouldn't be surprised if BC plays strong, and like last year when no one saw them coming, even beat Montreal AGAIN in Montreal... I'm not going to go large on either team however...I'm just expecting alot of pace...

2x Mon-BC Over 53
    0.5x Montreal -6.5
    Last edited by BetterBizness; 06-29-11 at 04:32 PM.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

July 1/11

Winnipeg @ Hamilton -9 O/U 51.5

Not liking this game a whole lot at any level, but a simple piss test would say 9 points seems a little high. i think that considering the line opened at 10.5 that may be the thinking for alot of the public. What right does Hamilton have to be double digit favorites in Week 1?

Win QB Buck Pierce has all the tools he needs, particularly in the resigning of RB Reid, and despite the long distance game of the Ti-Cats last year, the Bomber Defense should have enough for at worst, a backdoor cover...

If you want to look at last years Game one, same 2 teams, Winnipeg Blew out the Cats 49-29. We all saw what happened after that though. The year before they lost by 2 to Edmonton, and the year before that by a TD to Toronto... Not that any of those teams resemble this one... But based on the recent history of this franchise, they are looking for a good start, and really, this could be Winnipeg's Grey Cup right now... I will lay low on the total of 51.5 but I'm not a huge fan of generally going over in Ivor Wynne...

Winnipeg 2x +9
    Win/Ham Under 51.5

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

July 1/11

Toronto @ Calgary -7.5 O/U 51

Looks like there'll be a big bang long before the fireworks start on Canada Day; that sound will be the Stampeder Offense blowing up the young Argos. After the final preseason fine tuning last week the Stamps made the Eskimos defense look absolutely atrocious, and despite Toronto coming into this game scoring 30 points in the past 2 weeks, coming into Calgary for keeps will be alot tougher against a veteran squad that has lost just 6 times in the past 3 years at home.

The Argos will be starting QB Cleo Lemon to begin the season, but I'm not really not sure what that means quite yet? Dalton Bell will be ready to step in in all likelihood if/when Lemon gets squeezed. Despite the Argo's top ranked Points per Game Average last year, much of their momentum was in the beginning of the season when they were off everyones radar. This year, fresh off a 2nd round playoff defeat, they won't be getting off so easy.

Books look to really want us to take Toronto because of last years momentum giving a Touchdown for security. Clearly I'm not saying Toronto has no chance, since I bet the ef'ers nearly every game last year, but they would have to start off with the game of their season in game #1. I'm taking Calgary and giving up the 7.5 and rehash the same type 30-16 score of last year.

Calgary -7.5 1x
    Cal/Tor Under 1x
    Last edited by BetterBizness; 06-29-11 at 04:47 PM.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

July 3/11

Edmonton @ Saskatchewan -7 O/U 52.5

Everything about this game stinks if you're an Eskimo Fan... Sadly, I am, and I see very little optimism in week 1. Riders are pissed off they lost the Grey Cup, and would love nothing more then to Crush the Eskimos early in the season.

Edmonton is a work in Progress, and will likely go downwards, before upwards... GM Tillman is making the right moves, but chemistry will play in effect with a short pre-season, but it will play...just in a few weeks...

Early on I'm going to side with the Riders in this game, but for reasons that I've never bet against the Esks for 20 years, I'm not going to start now... thus will not count against my standings... but I would make a reasonably moderate play on the Riders if I was...

Also unless I get some reasonable information to tell me otherwise, I would bet the Esks don't score alot, but MAY, just POSSIBLY hold the Riders to 28 or less... I think betting under 51 looks like a decent pick, but again won't hold alot for this Wild Card of a game.

Riders -7 (Not betting)
    1x Sask/Edm Under 51

JT OZ

Great write-ups, I'm on Als ML/O53

isles71
    isles71's Avatar Become A Pro!

yay CFL! Football is back. I am on Montreal

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

GL this year man! Like the over in the BC game tonight as well.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

Thanks DG, sorry about the nucks, but I know you had a great year, particularly in the second half... Lets get that over tonight!

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

Quote Originally Posted by JT OZ View Post
    Great write-ups, I'm on Als ML/O53
    Thanks JT, lets find some love on the opening weekend.. mostly just guesses so don't bet too hard, but also some opportunity there...

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

Quote Originally Posted by isles71 View Post
    yay CFL! Football is back. I am on Montreal
    Lets get it Isles!

jolmscheid
    jolmscheid's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lookin' good BB...

jolmscheid
    jolmscheid's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do you have any other threads rollin' along? Keep it up!

CLASSIC ROCK
    CLASSIC ROCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Good to see some football,good luck

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

Quote Originally Posted by jolmscheid View Post
    Do you have any other threads rollin' along? Keep it up!
    No jolm nothingbbut opinions throughout the forum...this is my favorite thread to make because it's a small league and I watch nearly every game, much easier to follow for me on pvr...

This year is good because we got me and d3 both analyzing and with 2 games a week on NFL network cfl should give the cfl a boost along with is sub forum where not much is happening just yet with the lockout...

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

Quote Originally Posted by CLASSIC ROCK View Post
    Good to see some football,good luck
    Thanks rock... Do well this cfl year

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Good luck tonight. I'm on the other side however with the Lions +6.5.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

Not going big on the side but I just hope it's a slug fest d3...think were on the Same play there

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

Pretty sure missing field goals aren't going to help hit this over

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

Wow BC really forgot how much they sucked last year and decided to remind us all in the first half.... Need points lulay!!!

Pride
    rally rally rally
    Pride's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

bc just isnt that great of a team. there was no reason to back to the lions today

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

Bc is much improved overall though and apparently they just needed some time to click.... We got 53 now free rolling on the over

JT OZ

+1.5 units is a nice way to start the season, didn't agree with the coaching decision to kick the FG but I guess in the long run it was better to win the total than the side considering amounts risked.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

Very surprised that Montreal just stopped moving in the second half... With that said look for BC to carry this momentum into next week... Happy to get the over anyhow to start the year

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Weird end to the game. I was suprised Montreal didn't give up the Safety there at the end and surprised that BC went for the FG. Convenient back door cover for the Lions. I guess Wally must have had some money on Lions +6.5

At least the over hit

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    Weird end to the game. I was suprised Montreal didn't give up the Safety there at the end and surprised that BC went for the FG. Convenient back door cover for the Lions. I guess Wally must have had some money on Lions +6.5

At least the over hit

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

Happy Canada day boys and girls!!!

tension
    tension's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 660

Yo BB! I totally missed the first game of Week 1 haha. Totally forgot about this silly game you canucks play

xraygord
    xraygord's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 316

Very happy to see you back for CFL this season BB.

Happy Canada Day! Let's make some money!

gtboy
    gtboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

My first Canada day living in Canada. move from the US, yes US, to live in Canada with my family. so far its ok.

1234 ... Last