D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

2011 CFL Picks

Canadian Football League. For all of you who didn't have a clue what "CFL" stands for, now you know. I know that every single Canadian knows about this league. Some hate it, some love it, others don't care for it. Myself, well I just love the sport of football in general. I watch/wager on NFL, CFL, NCAA etc. Football and hockey are hands down the two greatest sports on earth.

Enough blabbering on, I want this lockout lifted just as much as everyone else. But in the mean time might as well get some action on the CFL while we wait for the NFL season to come around. Individual teams are now hosting training camps and the preseason is just around the corner. I know that most books (if not all) has CFL wagering available. I'll be posting my opinions, plays, record, info and all the goods all year around in this thread. I believe that the bettor has an edge when betting CFL since there are only 8 teams. Very easy to stay up to minute with this league and its actually pretty exciting. Since there is only 3 downs, usually you a ton of throws and draw plays.

Anyways, keep posted to make some extra cash this summer. Cheers

D3 Mighty Ducks

Season doesn't kick-off until Thursday June 30th. Plenty of time still boys.

Frostware
    Frostware's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5433

Argos are probably gonna stick again.

crjohnson32
    crjohnson32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

TSN is doing a "hard knocks" style show on the Argos this year. Four 60 min episodes. Should be good!!!

D3 Mighty Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by crjohnson32 View Post
    TSN is doing a "hard knocks" style show on the Argos this year. Four 60 min episodes. Should be good!!!
    Heard about this. Good read about it right now on TSN is you're interested.

http://tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=368365

D3 Mighty Ducks

Ticats going to make some noise this year in the East. They have a good shot at finishing first over Montreal this year. Winnipeg finishes third and Agros miss playoffs in fourth. That's my early East prediction.

In the West I got either Riders or Lions finishing first. If I had to choose I'll take my chance with the dog and say that the Lions finish first. Calgary should end up in third and the Eskies get even worse and miss the playoffs for the second consecutive year.

crjohnson32

Did you hear Mitch Mustain signed with the ticats?

D3 Mighty Ducks

Did you hear Mitch Mustain signed with the ticats?
    Yes, I did hear about this. When he went undrafted in the 2011 NFL draft I had a feeling he would end up in the CFL.

D3 Mighty Ducks

Only 13 days left till we kick start this season. Been constantly reading everything that the TSN website has been posting and I feel like I have a good grasp on everything thus far. Going to continue to study each team individually over the next 2 weeks.

I mentioned before and I'll mention it again. Since there are only 8 teams in this league (4 in the East and 4 in the West) most people think its a joke of a league, but the less teams means you can study each team longer and more precise. Knowing which team has the missing piece on offense, defense, or both could really make a difference when betting. Anyways, stay tuned for the my plays.

Cheers

xraygord
    xraygord's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 316

Looking forward to the start of the season.

pellibr
    pellibr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice man, it's good to have handicappers of several leagues!! I hope you bring us some money with your picks

How is your result in the past season??

Regards!

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

I like the Esks to turn things around in the West... Think Toronto may surprise alot of people, even though last year they surprised alot of people last year...

CLASSIC ROCK
    CLASSIC ROCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Does anybody know if the NFL channel is going to televise CFL games this year?

john2153
    john2153's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8329

Quote Originally Posted by CLASSIC ROCK View Post
    Does anybody know if the NFL channel is going to televise CFL games this year?
    Yes, they just announced today that 2 games a week are gonna be on NFLN.

http://www.cfl.ca/article/cfl-back-o...or-2011-season

ddesmara
    ddesmara's Avatar Become A Pro!

Montreal in the East and Sask in the West. Cup winner Montreal

gti175
    gti175's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1509

for some reason i can't stand to watch cfl, and i live in Canada. I'm going to try to get into it this year because there might not be nfl. I'll be following this your thread D3...

crjohnson32

tonight's pre-season game between Argo's and Blue Bomber's will have the QB's and Coaches mic'd on TSN.

I agree that Argo's are going to surprise a lot of people this year. I'm going to lay a small percentage of my BR on them to win the east and the grey cup.

D3 Mighty Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by pellibr View Post
    Nice man, it's good to have handicappers of several leagues!! I hope you bring us some money with your picks

How is your result in the past season??

Regards!
    In 2009 I was on and off betting and finished just in negative, something like $250 down. Last year in 2010 I stayed away from betting baseball and focused mainly on the CFL. I did pretty well with a system I set up and used it in the NFL as well. Did well in both leagues. I didn't have a CFL thread for last year but I did have a NFL thread you can find it somewhere around here.

I plan to use the same system as I did last year and hopefully it brings some nice results for all of us. Cheers

D3 Mighty Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by gti175 View Post
    for some reason i can't stand to watch cfl, and i live in Canada. I'm going to try to get into it this year because there might not be nfl. I'll be following this your thread D3...
    NFL hands down is the better league. By like 6000 miles to be precise. I live in Toronto so the CFL hype around here is somewhat big. I find it pretty stupid that there are only 8 teams. As a bettor its really easy to follow 8 teams rather than 30+ teams in all Major sports (NFL, NBA, NH, MLB). I love the game of football whether it be professional or high school. Not only do you have to be physically fit, but mentally as well. You can't win a game of football solely on just physicality. You need to call the right plays at the right time. Anyways, I hope you can get into the CFL a bit this year and wager on a game here or there.

D3 Mighty Ducks

Hamilton's special teams look dirty with Thigpen returning the kick offs and punts. That dude is scary, don't kick to him!

D3 Mighty Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by BetterBizness View Post
    I like the Esks to turn things around in the West... Think Toronto may surprise alot of people, even though last year they surprised alot of people last year...
    The Agros' will only go as far as Jyles will take them. I have no faith what so ever in Cleo Lemon so if he's named the starting QB than i'll be fading this Agro team right from day one. They lost some key Veterans at the DT position but were able to replace them with some average defensive tackles. Its not the defense or special teams stopping them from a Grey Cup, its the offense. So we'll see what they're able to do at the QB position.

crjohnson32

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    The Agros' will only go as far as Jyles will take them. I have no faith what so ever in Cleo Lemon so if he's named the starting QB than i'll be fading this Agro team right from day one. They lost some key Veterans at the DT position but were able to replace them with some average defensive tackles. Its not the defense or special teams stopping them from a Grey Cup, its the offense. So we'll see what they're able to do at the QB position.
    I'll be surprised if Jyles is named the 2nd string qb. Lemon is the started and Dalton Bell his back up. I really like the argos this year, I just hope cory Boyd has another good year, he just signed abig contract so hopefully he doesn't become complacent like so many other guys have once they ink the big one.

D3 Mighty Ducks

Cory Boyd will have a mediocre season at least. Last year I thought he was stellar and he was a huge reason as to why the Agros finished 9-9. His carries will be dropped a bit this season. The Agros will try and get their passing game going this year. That's what I said the Agros will only go as far as Jyles takes them..

hitman09
    hitman09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

You have done a really good job NFL, I hope you can do this as well as NFL in case the lock out. Cheers!

D3 Mighty Ducks

Thanks for the compliment, hitman09. I'll being putting a ton of effort into this CFL season. We'll see what happens. Cheers!

D3 Mighty Ducks

With the season just around the corner, these are my 2 and only futures for this season:

TORONTO ARGONAUTS to win the Eastern Conference +700 ($100 to win $700)

CALGARY STAMPEDERS to win the Western Conference +150 ($200 to win $300)

crjohnson32

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    With the season just around the corner, these are my 2 and only futures for this season:

TORONTO ARGONAUTS to win the Eastern Conference +700 ($100 to win $700)

CALGARY STAMPEDERS to win the Western Conference +150 ($200 to win $300)
    I like those.

Stamps depth at QB is a little scary, since they have none, lol. If Burres goes down they're done.

Scully
    Scully's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

BC makes a lot of sense for value to take the West this season.

D3 Mighty Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by Scully View Post
    BC makes a lot of sense for value to take the West this season.
    I think the Lions will have an average season, then go onto win the Grey Cup.

D3 Mighty Ducks

I like those.

Stamps depth at QB is a little scary, since they have none, lol. If Burres goes down they're done.
    He'll be fine. Its a long season, Week 1 and 2 don't mean much when week 18 and 19 roll in.

D3 Mighty Ducks

I like the opening game odds. Thought it would open 6 for Montreal and the total would be around 57. Plays will be posted Wednesday night.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

I like the Argos bet... Think the west is Wide open though... I just read Montreal looks even Better at WR, and that's scary, since that was the one thing they were struggling with last year... they are like a well oiled machine... Can't wait to see Argo's match up with them...

D3 Mighty Ducks

Play #1: BC Lions +6.5 -110 ($220 to win $200)

Not going to be betting against the Alouettes much this year, but in this rare scenario I will be. The newly improved Lions finished off the 2010 season strong winning 3 of their last 4 to grab the last playoff spot in the West. Hopefully the Lions will carry their late last season momentum into this brand new season with Travis Lulay behind center. I'll be the first to admit the Alouettes are the strongest team in the East and maybe even in the entire league. With that being said, I don't think 6 points separates these 2 teams who I think are almost evenly matched. I'll back the underdogs in the first game of the season because anything can happen. Also, I like the Over 54 in tomorrow nights game. Let's get it

CFL Record: 0-0-0 ($0)

gtboy
    gtboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just want to share a strategy I use a little last season with success. this year i will be full into it. since the games r one after the other, i use a 4-game chase on the total. betting under when total set at 50 and up and bet the OVER when total is below 50. i know most of u guys not interested in chase but i just want to share a little idea. gl

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

where's the best place to check consensus on cfl lines?

12 Last