imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I Miss Football!!!!

I can't get the hang of baseball. NBA playoffs are
    whatever!! I miss football really BAD!!!!

This forum was a cool place during football. I made
    ALOT OF MONEY BETTING FOOTBALL. Football
    is SO EASY!!!

Baseball is just not my thing, congrats to the guys
    that are doing good. But Football is where my heart
    is!!!!

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

The MLB Allstar break is when I start missing Football. I spot bet Baseball from there to the playoffs. And the football withdrawal sets in.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i'm the same way looker.

this is truely the time to shine in bases for me

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm still in pure baseball mode. Football can wait a few months.

shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

I personally love the break from Football. Its not that i dont like football, its that i hate the attention it draws. I hate that soprtscenter will dedicate 75 minutes of the sunday show to football, when there are plenty of NBA hilights to show. I remember when they lead off the show with the Conferences championship games instead of Kobe's 81 point game.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by shady610
    I personally love the break from Football. Its not that i dont like football, its that i hate the attention it draws. I hate that soprtscenter will dedicate 75 minutes of the sunday show to football, when there are plenty of NBA hilights to show. I remember when they lead off the show with the Conferences championship games instead of Kobe's 81 point game.
    Dude, you're tripping, riiiight?!

The Great One
    The Great One's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by shady610

What the fuk is this?

You think Kobe's 81 point game is more news than the NFL conference championships. Come on.

Not to mention, I can't stand that little kid Kobe Bryant. Yuck.

Why would they need to talk about than any more than they normally will when they show the highlights of the laker game. It wasn't even a "record" anyway. Not that records count much, but you still get the point.

I think most rather watch an NFL mini-camp practice than a Laker/ Raptors game anyway.

I like the NBA, but mothing and The Great One means nothing, compares to football.

Especially the eventual SB champs for 2006-2010, the Indianapolis Colts and the greatest quarterback to have ever played the game in Peyton Manning.

OK, my love for Peyton is going a little overboard, isn't it?

imgv94

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One
    Especially the eventual SB champs for 2006-2010, the Indianapolis Colts and the greatest quarterback to have ever played the game in Peyton Manning.

OK, my love for Peyton is going a little overboard, isn't it?

^^^^TGO^^^

The Great One

So you don't think the Colts will go ona 76 game win streak and go 19-0 the next 4 years.

Even if they don't, I'll be perfectly happy with 4 Lombardi's in my city.

You see, it's getting very close to getting scary because NFL history tells us with the exception of Montana/Young. When a great quarterback is out of his prime and eventually leaves, the team sucks and I mean sucks for at least 5 years; sometimes longer. I think by 2010, the Colts will need to seriously look at the next 3 or 4 drafts ahead in terms of quarterbacks and set their eye on the "can't miss" guy as one only comes along in about that time span.

IMG, do you rate Peyton as the greatest of all time?

Would you if "he" (it should be the team but people don't view it that way) won just one SB

OR if he didn't win a SB but broke all of Marino's records and all quarterback records as we know it which he is well on pace to do?

It's forgone conclusion he will at least win 1 more MVP tieing Mr. Interception himself, Brett Favre's record .

I think this season will be his best statistically and thats saying something. But we all know, that doesn't guarantee shit in Janurary.

imgv94

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One
    IMG, do you rate Peyton as the greatest of all time?

Would you if "he" (it should be the team but people don't view it that way) won just one SB

OR if he didn't win a SB but broke all of Marino's records and all quarterback records as we know it which he is well on pace to do?
    I can't say if he is the best of all time, I am 25 years old.
    I think Manning is better than Montana.

Alot of people don't even think that Manning is the
    best in the NFL right now. I am wondering if Defenses
    have figured him out? Seems like certain blitz packages
    get to him.

I do think he is very scrappy and crafty with his audiables
    that I think is his best strength. I think he tries harder
    than anyone to be the best.

The Great One

Nobody's figured him out. They play him differently now than they used to. Teams play deep cover 2 or 3 and get in their drops quick, not even messing with trying to judge play action or not.. Thats why the offense sort o0f lacked the huge plays this past season they got in years past. Don't get mw wrong, there were some big ones, bit not as much as before. Teams were centent to let Edge rush it for 3 to 5 yards each time hoping Peyton would get flustered and go for the big one.

Your age doesn't have anything to with it. Keep in mind that players in the 30 and 70's and all in between never happened and your avaerage division 3 back-up is better than they were.

Yeah, alot of people who don't have a damn clue think Brady is better just because of the Super Bowls. thats all he is even known for. Football isn't basketball. In basketball, you can have one great player and a few role players and win it all. In football, you could have the best 5 players in the entire game and still lose because there are just alot more positions to fill.

I wonder if Vinatieri did not come through in the clutch for the patsies, if brady with his numbers would even be considered upper eschalant. i think he would, but he would be more like Delomme. A guy who you say is slightly above average. What if Vinatieri missed a field goal, is delomme great now?

The Great One

But the Colts coaching stafrf sucks. They can be blamed because they don't have the smarts to make adjustments. For example, Pittsburgh. Colts destroyed them during the regular season. Were they dumb enough to think the rematch would be the same game?

I beleive they are responsible for their adjustments aginst the 3-4 they have trouble with. The lineman don't know who to pick up especially in the pittsburgh debacle.