Shrek
    Shrek's Avatar Become A Pro!

NFL Sunday: 4 With Write Ups

My first post here. Hope to make a positive contribution.

All games for 1 unit:

NEW ENGLAND/Rams: Patriots won on Monday night against Denver and even though they dominated im sure they realize the Broncos gave them the game with 5 turnovers. Pats wont take the Rams lightly after the Rams have won their last two against Dallas and Washington. Having said that........ Rams offence isn't what it looks like and defensively they are still ranked 29th allowing almost 400 yards per game. Hey, Didn't the Pats expose the Broncos defence who have very similar numbers to the Rams on Monday night?

PHILLY/Atlanta: Matt Ryan will have everything but the kitchen sink thrown at him as the Eagles are a blitz happy bunch. Then again, the Eagles can fake blitzes all day and see if Ryan can beat them. Ryan has as QB rating of 121 at home but 59.2 on the road. Falcons passing offence is ranked 23rd, but they are the 2nd best rushing team in the NFL which is Ryans escape despite the fact that they are the 5th worst team on 3rd down convertions hitting only 43%. Still defensively they stink as they rank 25th having allowed 360 yards against the Bears and 410 against the Packers. Eagles coming off a bye week where Andy Reid is 9-0 in his last 9 off a bye. What makes this one more special is that they are getting Westbrock back and he is a very important part of their offence as the Eagles offence ranks 10th and 4th in passing. Defensively they hold opponents to 91 yards per game so it will be interesting against the #2 rushing team in the NFL. Eagles are also the 7th best defensive team in the NFL

WAGER: Two team teaser for 7 points: Bringing the EAGLES to (-2) & NE (-2) at -130

TAMPA +1 over Dallas: Cowboys have more problems than OJ Simpson right now so i wont go on about that. Tampa have a great defence aspecially against the run, which means 40 year old Brad Johnson will have to beat them with his arm, something that didn't look very good last time out. Tampa have not allowed a 100 yard rusher this season and defensively they are only allowing 15.3 points per game. Offensively they are averaging 352 yards per game 130 of those yards are on the ground. Bucs have one of the best young offensive lines in the game and all you need to do to understand that is to look at Garcia's passing percentage of 69%. This is a QB that lost his starting job early in the season and its now completing 69% of his passes and that's not due to him getting better all of a sudden. This one goes down to the wire.

BUFFALO -1 over Miami: The sucker bet of the day and looks like IM THE SUCKER!!!! Seriously, this game is saying "Take Miami or lay off". Fish are only 2-4, Buffalo are 5-1 yet the Bills are only favored by 1 point?? Still, I'll bite. Despite Miami's offensive tricks, and the fact that Chad Pennington has some nice numbers, Trent Edwards can pretty much match those numbers. Last year their defence was a joke and this season they are ranked 21st, which is a tad better but not much. Buffalo have a lot of upside coming into this one with their only loss coming at the hands of Arizona. Defensively they are tons better than the fish as they rank 10th (8th defending the pass, 15th against the run). Offensively they average almost 25 points per game and have had at least 280 yards of offence in all 6 of their games. Trent Edwards im sure will have a "pass first" mentality in this one for two reasons. Did i mentioned how the Dolphins rank 27th against the pass?? Secondly the Bills have two gifted WR in Lee Evans who is way to fast for the Dolphins DBS and James Hardy who is to tall at 6'6''.

NY GIANTS +3 over Pitts: Finally a game in which the Giants can get up for. Giants are still "The man" untill they get knocked off IMO. Steelers offence is less than impressive for sure as they rank 25th in the NFL. Their offensive line is having a tough time protecting Big Ben as the Steelers have allowed 20 sacks so far this season, while the Giants have allowed 6. Steelers O-Line were really exposed week#2 when the Eagles sacked Ben 9 times and had him fumble 3 times. Giants Lead the NFL in sacks with 18, and offensively they are 2nd best with 395 yards per game 28.3 points per game and are the best rushing team with an average of 170 yards per game. Defensively they are ranked 4th and and as good as the Steelers defense is, i think its their offence that won't be able to keep up here. If its a shootout, Giants will win. If its a defensive battle, we are getting 3 points.

TheAnswer03
    TheAnswer03's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with everything here except the Pats. I see the Rams losing a close one but covering the 7.5 points. The Pats secondary isn't that good to begin with and now Harrison is out. The Rams rookie receiver Donnie Avery is looking better and better everyday as well.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Welcome to the SBR forum and good luck with your plays sir.

Shrek
    Shrek's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks Dan.

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.
    laxdjock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

GL....I'm with you on the Gmen, so hopefully we both can cash.