Detroit +13.5 -110

BOL to everyone!

NewTOez
    NewTOez's Avatar Become A Pro!

minnesota will run away with this game

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Gl, man. I love getting that many points from Minnesota, that's the bright side. The bad news is that you're getting the Lions, a team in a complete tailspin right now. I'm not playing the game, but if I had a gun to my head, I'd wimper and take the Lions also.

Italia_NYC
    Italia_NYC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cinci and Arizona my fav picks this week! And who is Washington to give 14 points to anyone? Slight lean on the Rams too on principal.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Italia_NYC View Post
    Cinci and Arizona my fav picks this week! And who is Washington to give 14 points to anyone? Slight lean on the Rams too on principal.
    The Rams are bad with a capital B. I've had the Rams at #32 in my power rankings since week 1. 38-3, 41-13, 37-13, 31-14, I'm starting to wonder if they could beat some college teams.

Washington started out way down my shit list, but I've paid the price. Recent quality wins @Dallas & @Philly really made me pay attention. These are hated division rivals that aren't gonna let Washington walk in and win easily, besides the fact they are tough teams. Washington coming back home against the worst team in the league under an interim coach. It just all adds up to a bloodbath. Washington rolls, Rams are in shambles.

One more thing, Zorn coached at Seattle from 2001-2007, so he saw the Rams twice a year as division rivals. I think he's very familiar for building a game plan for beating the Rams.

Italia_NYC
    Italia_NYC's Avatar Become A Pro!

No arguing the two different sides of the spectrum each team is on here. However, the Skins just aren't built to beat teams by 14 points. They will run the ball until everyone falls asleep. The Rams, can they possibly play any worse? I mean they can only get better in my opinion. Bulger is back with a chip on his shoulder, and I believe they still have the slightest bit of pride left; that should keep them within 14 point in this game.

I could be way off though.....lol
    Last edited by Italia_NYC; 10-08-08 at 01:47 PM.

I LUV (.) (.)
    I LUV (.) (.)'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Redskins will rape this team

I LUV (.) (.)
    I LUV (.) (.)'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Hail to the redskins hail victory brave on the warpath fight for ol dc

orlans17
    orlans17's Avatar Become A Pro!

minnesota is a decent team, but shouldnt be giving that many points... i also like cincy as well, this could be their week

slacker00

Another angle on the Washington-Rams game is the fact that OC Saunders left the Redskins to join the Rams. Saunders system is as complex as it comes, with a steep learning curve. It's debateable whether Bulger or the rest of the offense is comfortable with it yet. This is an offensive system that takes teams a better part of a year to learn if you look back at Saunders history. To make matters worse, the players on the Redskins defense practiced against this very offense every day for the past few seasons. The Redskins defense may know the plays better than the Rams offense!

I know Haslett might give the Rams an emotional boost, Lord knows Linnehan was a dead man walking at the end there. Bulger certainly may have a chip on his shoulder. I just don't think these things will be enough going into a Washington stadium that may be genuinely more excited about it's team than it's been in decades. Not to mention that the Redskins should know that they can't piss away any games in an impossibly competitive NFC East, they should come out firing and beat the Rams psychologically as fast as possible then salt the game away with Portis. The only chance the Rams might have is a backdoor cover, which is certain feaseable, but not something that I'd like to bet money on.

Guinness Drunk
    Guinness Drunk's Avatar Become A Pro!

Been fooling around with the #'s for a few weeks. New at this. I threw some #'s together on the Miami/ Houston game. It looks to me like Miami has a hell of an edge on both sides of the ball. I guess I'll find out come Sunday.

orlans17
    orlans17's Avatar Become A Pro!

miami has really impressed me so far this season...with ronnie brown having the kind of games hes have, who knows but definitely a better team than last year