BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Vikings drafting Christian Ponder was the same as a fat finger trade in stocks.

Ever hear about the stock broker that was in such a hurry over in the far east a few years back where he made a huge block share trade and put the decimal point in the wrong spot on the order costing his firm hundreds of millions of dollars?That's the same way the Vikings must have felt when they drafted Christian Ponder where they got that huge gut ache tinge the second they pulled the trigger on drafting Christian Ponder.People do it in sports betting too and you know the second you place the bet that you did something far out and looney that can't be undone.It's a death wish impulse everyone carries where you just do this stuff where you aren't fully in control of the situation where it's not a conscious matter. I saw him looking impotent in alot of games last year.He reminded me of how limp Brady Quinn exposed himself to be when Notre Dame played USC at the end of Quinn's playing career where he had the mobility of a statue.And scouts didn't see it.Go figure.

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Yes because you know more about christian ponder than the vikings scouting does.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Brady Quinn had the mobility of a statue against USC? He ripped off a 52 yard run in the game! He's 235 pounds and built more like a tight end than a quarterback. If I'm not mistaken that USC defense had Sedrick Ellis, Lofa Tatupu, Brian Cushing, Clay Matthews, Keith Rivers, Tyrell Thomas, L. Jackson on it and how many pro WR's/RB's/Lineman did Notre Dame have? They won like 3 games the next year.

I already started a Christian Ponder thread and they liked him for his intelligence, charisma and feel they can teach him that version of the west coast offense. Nobody knows where QB's are really slated to go as everybody has different opinions on them. They probably liked him more than any of the other QB's and got him in the middle of the first round.

Scottish
    Scottish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

You really shouldn't compare people to Brady Quinn, every QB skillset transfers to the nfl differently.

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

They should have took Dalton, Cincy got the better QB

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

people would have said the same thing in past years if a team took, Brady, Brees, Shaub, or Cassel with the number 12 pick.

No one really knows where these QBs will end up --

WeinketoWarrick
    Update your status
    WeinketoWarrick's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ponder is legit.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

vikings love ponder

expect him to be opening day starter

not to say it wont work out but for now i would think they know a little more than you

that being said i thought he was a terrible qb at fla st. maybe one of those guys that does better in pros. who knows

WeinketoWarrick
    Update your status
    WeinketoWarrick's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ponder when healthy was an amazing QB at FSU. He spent much of his playing days hurt.

Landscaper
    Banned
    Landscaper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vikes will go out and sign Mcnabb

They r a now team and need a vert starter qb

Anybody who thinks Ponder will start is lost

rem sleep
    rem sleep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18825

Ponder could be good but I think the Vikings reached for him because they desperatly need a QB. They should be a run first team anyways so as long as he can hand the ball off and throw short passes he should be ok.

BestPlay2day
    BestPlay2day's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5075

Was a huge reach but the Vikings were desperate for a qb so they felt like they had to grab one after Locker was taken. Sounds like the Vikings wanted to trade down but couldn't find a team to make a trade with.

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

I'm still shocked that teams valued these QBs so highly. None of them will be successful.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Ponder won't be the starter come September. The Vikings will most likely go out and trade for Hasselback or McNabb to give the kid a chance to learn. If Ponder is the starter, expect AP to get about 450 carries and get beat to shit come the end of the season.

MarlinsFan2212
    MarlinsFan2212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Solid Pick, bad value. Took a 2nd Tier QB with a 1 Tier QB Pick. They may have had no choice if Washington was going to take him with their first pick.

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love this shit about how NFL teams made mistakes drafting someone. Grow the fuk up!!!

Most great college qbs's never make it in the pros & the mediocre NCAA qb's end up being the best.

The NFL is a different beast, these guys know more than we do in what they need & what they can train

Tom Brady was never heard of & how many rings does he have???

Peyton Manning never won a Nat championship for Tennessee & never fukin beat florida

Tee Martin did & hes giving blowjobs in a gloryhole in a truckstop

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9764

c palmer will start somewhere perhaps.

Kolb will start somewhere.

They like ponder because they think he if had a better line, wr and rb he would of done much better and he will have that in minnesota.

Raleigh77
    Raleigh77's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was surprised by the pick

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Quote Originally Posted by THE PROFIT View Post
    I love this shit about how NFL teams made mistakes drafting someone. Grow the fuk up!!!

Most great college qbs's never make it in the pros & the mediocre NCAA qb's end up being the best.

The NFL is a different beast, these guys know more than we do in what they need & what they can train

Peyton Manning never won a Nat championship for Tennessee & never fukin beat florida

agree with you but manning is a bad example

even know they never won natl championship he was the best qb in college at the time hands down

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

They wanted Ponder and no other Qb at that point. They didn't want Dalton. There wasn't enough time to trade down at the point and they would risk losing their guy if they fell back too far. I didn't like it at first, but after listening to some people who know what they are talking about, I like it a lot more for the Vikes.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by gryfyn1 View Post
    people would have said the same thing in past years if a team took, Brady, Brees, Shaub, or Cassel with the number 12 pick.

No one really knows where these QBs will end up --
    what about the 100 other qbs that would have been a failure as a 12 pick?

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Quote Originally Posted by THE PROFIT View Post

Tee Martin hahaha