McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

PLEASE tell me someone listened to the Al Davis press conference regarding the firing

HOLY crap - I havn't seen someone say so many explosive things in a press conference. Unbelieveable. Great stuff - I'm sure they have it up on NFL.com somewhere - there's some huge news in there.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I feel bad for Al. He's senile. Why does he want to air his dirty laundry like that in a press conference then contradict himself and make himself look stupid? Then he's going to breach his contract with Kiffin and not pay him based on some trumped up technicality? I just feel bad for Al. He needs to find a GM he can trust and hand over the reigns. Unfortunately, in his mind, he's still sane and thinks he can still run this team.

Brady2Moss
    Brady2Moss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    I feel bad for Al. He's senile. Why does he want to air his dirty laundry like that in a press conference then contradict himself and make himself look stupid? Then he's going to breach his contract with Kiffin and not pay him based on some trumped up technicality? I just feel bad for Al. He needs to find a GM he can trust and hand over the reigns. Unfortunately, in his mind, he's still sane and thinks he can still run this team.
    right on point

tab
    tab's Avatar Become A Pro!

AL looks like he has come back from the dead. Al Davis is a dying man and hopefully soon. Al give up on football and find something elese in life.

BobHarvey
    BobHarvey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 380

Al Davis and this whole "Commitment to Excellence" thing is a tired and worn out. It should "Commitment to Excrement".

Davis says he's staying around until he wins two more Super Bowl's. What drug is he taking?

Andrewsurf
    Andrewsurf's Avatar Become A Pro!

giving him way too much credit saying he's senile. he's just a huge asshole, always has been.

I mean, when one of his two partners was away on vacation for a week or two, Al draws up a new ownership contract and gets the partner that likes him to give him total control over football operations! Nothings changed, and as a 49ers fan i'm just glad there is a team with worse ownership then ours so close by. Not much worse but still...

Always Somethin'
    Always Somethin''s Avatar Become A Pro!

For days and weeks and months and years and times.. made me laugh.

daveheadsports
    daveheadsports's Avatar Become A Pro!

Al Davis said that he fired Lane Kiffin for cause, because Davis is trying to avoid paying Kiffin for the balance of the contract. Everyone in Alameda county is still staggering under the debt that we incurred to "lure" him back from LA. Of course this will end up in court. Good luck finding a jury in Alameda county that will sympathize with Davis. Maybe he could request a change of venue to LA. Remember what he did to the season ticket holders there? He refused to give them refunds when he moved to Oakland because the LA fans could drive 6 hours from LA to see the game and then drive 6 hours home after the game.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewsurf View Post
    giving him way too much credit saying he's senile. he's just a huge asshole, always has been.
    Point taken.

At least he was winning back in the old days.

How long before Goodell steps in and saves Al from himself?