imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Texans Are Stupid

Texans will go 5-11 this year tops. Offense sucks!!!!!

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I've got them pencilled at 6-10, but I haven't done an extensive analysis yet.

imgv94

LOL they let him go!!!!

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

Well. We can only say Houston is stupid if Bush comes out this season and tears up the league. If not, it wasnt such a bad move. Granted, Mario Williams will need to rack up about 12-15 sacks to make it a good move as well.

We must also see the long term performance of both, and that will determine how stupid anyone club is.

Im looking forward to see how Reggie Bush does in the NFL.

Also let me ask you this. How well will the Saints do this year? 11-5? 10-6? 9-7?

imgv94

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    Also let me ask you this. How well will the Saints do this year? 11-5? 10-6? 9-7?
    They might actually surprise some people. Best
    they could possibly go would be 9-7. Probably will
    win half their games. 8-8

Winston Smith
    Winston Smith's Avatar Become A Pro!

All this is assuming that Reggie Bush lives up to expectations. It's shocking to me that every year leading up to the draft, people talk about prior busts, but then skip right over that possibility in review of the present draft.

I'm not saying Bush will be a bust. But also consider that the Texans already have Dominick Davis at RB, two solid receivers, and a talented quarterback. What good is incremental improvement in your offense if you leave your defense behind?

In supposing that the Texans will be 5-11 next year, are you implying that adding Bush would alone propel them to the playoffs? I doubt that would be the case. They're still in a division with the Colts and Jags, two teams much further along than the Texans.

The problem is that that in reviewing this pick at the end of the 2006 season, there's virtually no chance that Williams will seem like the better choice. Not because he won't be good, but because casual fans don't know how to quantify defensive success (unless, of course, they have Patrick and Theisman giving verbal hand jobs to Ray Lewis), and unless he has 15 sacks, no one will notice.

imgv94

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith
    but because casual fans don't know how to quantify defensive success (unless, of course, they have Patrick and Theisman giving verbal hand jobs to Ray Lewis), and unless he has 15 sacks, no one will notice.
    I do understand the value of a great defensive player.
    If you ever read my writeups usually I will mention I
    like Defense over Offense. But did you see how happy
    New Orleans was when they got bush?? Well we
    will not know for years if this was a good decision but
    Reggie Bush will cause havoc for Defensive Coordinators.

Winston Smith
    Winston Smith's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gamblers hardly fall into the category of "casual" fans.

The Great One
    The Great One's Avatar Become A Pro!

If I was a Texan fan, and I thank God I'm not. I'd like what they have done on Day 1. Mario Williams is a player that can make the entire front 7 look alot better than they really are therefor really making 6 upgrades by one pick. Can Bush do the same on offense? Maybe. But, Carr desperately needs protection no matter who the back is.

They have a speedy PRODUCTIVE backer to clean up which they didn't have. Your defense can make remarkable improvements by just be able to get after the passer. You can have the best secondary of all time, but if you can't get pressure, you will continually get burned. I promise you that.

They've grabbed 4 probable starters by week 8 if not week 1. Their offense is serviceable with just some decent protection. Already have a decent run game and Carr is accurta e when he has time and has a True #1 and #2 to throw to.

Having said that, i don't see a dramatic improvement in their record this year, but it was a solid day for them.

Three years from now is where they need to be looking. This is a team that hasn't even gone into the 4th quarter yet with the Colts without the outcome of the game already being decided.

There is not a doubt in my mind, I would be the best GM in the world. And if I was the Texans, I would have first been looking to trade out of this spot with a team to get 2 first rounders and a second. If that didn't work, I would have went with Williams.

Call it a gut feeling, but I feel reggie will be injury prone. Also, I don't feel a RB is that important for a #1 overall especially on a team 2-14. Williams has the build that is not injury prone. And that is the tall, athletically freakish build. A mix of Freeney and Peppers.

Alot of teams did well in this draft so far. EXCEPT Buffalo, but thats expected. Thats why you don't have 96 year old's in charge,. They simply don't understand the game. They remember the way it was when it wasn't even real. When there were no athletes. And they played with bonnets and people like Szonka were considered good. In his prime now, he'd be on a teams practice squad or 100% special teams.

slacker00

Also let me ask you this. How well will the Saints do this year? 0-16? 1-15? 2-14?
    FYP

2006 New Orleans Saints Schedule
    Sep 10 - at Cleveland 1:00pm L
    Sep 17 - at Green Bay 1:00pm L
    Sep 25 - Atlanta 8:30pm L
    Oct 1 - at Carolina 1:00pm L
    Oct 8 - Tampa Bay 1:00pm L
    Oct 15 - Philadelphia 1:00pm W
    Week 7 - BYE
    Oct 29 - Baltimore 1:00pm L
    Nov 5 - at Tampa Bay 1:00pm L
    Nov 12 - at Pittsburgh 1:00pm L
    Nov 19 - Cincinnati 1:00pm L
    Nov 26 - at Atlanta 1:00pm L
    Dec 3 - San Francisco 1:00pm W
    Dec 10 - at Dallas 1:00pm L
    Dec 17 - Washington 1:00pm L
    Dec 24 - at N.Y. L

I think I'm being generous.

imgv94

Who did they draft again? Mario something? LOL Idiots

primo_skillz
    primo_skillz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00
    FYP

2006 New Orleans Saints Schedule
    Sep 10 - at Cleveland 1:00pm W
    Sep 17 - at Green Bay 1:00pm W
    Sep 25 - Atlanta 8:30pm W
    Oct 1 - at Carolina 1:00pm L
    Oct 8 - Tampa Bay 1:00pm W
    Oct 15 - Philadelphia 1:00pm W
    Week 7 - BYE
    Oct 29 - Baltimore 1:00pm L
    Nov 5 - at Tampa Bay 1:00pm W
    Nov 12 - at Pittsburgh 1:00pm L
    Nov 19 - Cincinnati 1:00pm L
    Nov 26 - at Atlanta 1:00pm W
    Dec 3 - San Francisco 1:00pm W
    Dec 10 - at Dallas 1:00pm W
    Dec 17 - Washington 1:00pm L
    Dec 24 - at N.Y. W
    Dec 31 - Carolina 1:00pm L
    Jan 13 - Philadelphia W
    Jan 21 - Chicago L

I think I'm being generous.
    10-6 regular season
    1-1 playoffs

slacker00

Yeah, Primo. Thanks. I didn't realize that the Saints were in the NFC championship. *Sarcasm meter breaks*

Seriously, the Saints had a magical season. You can't tell me that the Saints defense has much talent. Half of those guys are castoffs from the Cowboys special teams. Nobody thought Brees would step in and have that kind of year. Some people thought that his arm would never be the same after his injury. How about Sean Payton? Who thought he could step in and turn the team around? How about the emotional factor? I totally went the wrong way on that one, thinking the same emotionally bad blood would carry over from last season when it was exactly the opposite. Finally, figure the Reggie Bush factor. I thought Bush was a special player, but that his gifts would be neutralized at NFL speed. My bad. I am still not going to bury Mario Williams and give Reggie Bush a HOF ticket right now. I am not even going to critisize the Texans for picking Mario over Reggie. Anyone who knows anything about football knows a rookie RB will show more than a rookie DE in his first year. It's like night and day as far as expectations. Come back after year 3, then compare and contrast. Albeit, Mario has a fair amount if catching up to do. Even if Reggie just stays "par" with his rookie season, Mario may not catch him as far as value. If the Texans could redo the draft, now, knowing how these cards played out, they'd be crazy not to take Bush, but it's all easy to see after the fact.

That said, my 2-14 prediction is easy to heckle after the fact. The NFL isn't easy to figure. I knew one of the bottom barrel teams would have a breakout season, I just hooked my hopes on the Lions. Heckle that one too, now, it's easy to see after the fact how wrong I was. Now I know how imgv94 feels, when you make hundreds of predictions, you're gonna be very wrong once in a while. It's nice to see someone's always gonna follow you around and point out the obvious. Carry on.

imgv94

slacker is the man.. We all have been waay off in predictions. Shiit I don't know one person who hasn't made a prediction that was waaaaay off..