The Great One
    The Great One's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeeeeesss

Vince Young to the Titans. Can it get any better for a Colts fan? Now I just need Deangelo Williams to fall to 30.

Mark it down, for the next 5 years, the Texans and Titans will be fighting it out for 3rd and 4tf place in the AFC South.

Nice decision front office. Baaaaahhhaaaah.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i feel sorry for jeff fisher. he's the one thats gonna get fired because of the front office fvckup.

The Great One

Yep, the coaching staff wanted leinart and the suits wanted Fumbles and trust me, they will see plenty.

I just watched the Rose Bowl from this past year again and I have even a stronger feeling than I did before of his inevitbale failures. Nearly ever pass completion was to a stationary target whic doesn't happen in the NFL.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I think the Texans will be a force in a couple years.

Titans, I'm not sure what those guys are doing. Young looks like a desperation reach. Titans might be moving the franchise in 5 years.

The Great One

How will the Texans be a force?
    They have so many glaring weaknesses.

None of their top picks have propered yet. Carr, Andre Johnson, Travis Johnson, Dunta Robinson, or Jason Babin who missed all of last year.

Carr does have potential though and Robinson is not a total liability.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

norm chow is trying to implament his system, and they take young.

norm chow and lienart have chemistery from the USC days. he knows the system, and he's a franchise QB for 10+ years.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One
    How will the Texans be a force?
    They have so many glaring weaknesses.

None of their top picks have propered yet. Carr, Andre Johnson, Travis Johnson, Dunta Robinson, or Jason Babin who missed all of last year.

Carr does have potential though and Robinson is not a total liability.
    Glaring weaknesses are the easiest weaknesses to fix. I think they've got a solid core of players such as the one's you've mentioned. There's still a lot of pieces that need to come together, but they've got the #1 overall selection this year, and probably a top 10 pick next year. It's hard not to improve when you're throwing that much talent into the meat grinder. Texans probably looking at 6-10 in 2006, but 11-5 is realistic in 2007 IMO.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00
    Texans probably looking at 6-10 in 2006, but 11-5 is realistic in 2007 IMO.

Thats what alot of people said about them coming into the 2005 season isn't it? I can still remember everyone acting like the Texans would have a shot at getting wild card.

Picking in the top 10 is not a sure fire way to improve you're team. Hell, the bengals picked in the top 10 for 15 years before they got it right.

I still think it's a blessing in disguise sometimes to be picking #17 overall than it is to be picking #5 overall. Look at the 1996 draft for Indy. You know damn well, the Colts would have picked Terry Glenn over Marvin if he would have been there especially with the Colts love of Big 10 products.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Your pick is coming up next TGO. Who are you looking for the Colts to draft?

The Great One

Deangelo Williams was the #1 back for me that would best fit in with the Colts( next to Bush). But with him gone.

Joseph Addai would be the next back that would fir in but I think he's a strecch at 30 and could be had in round 2 therefor I'd trade down slightly. Did it a couple years ago and ened up with Bob Sanders so it worked out well.

If can't get a trade together, they need to either look at a safety opposite Sanders or a corner. All the top guys I wanted are gone. I say Corner because the rumor is marlin is moving back to safety.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Addai is the worst pick of the draft so far - even worse than Young. Addai will be out of the league in two years, or at best a third string back.

The Great One

Yeah, I wish I could be more excited about this pick. As you can tell, I saw it coming. Funny, right as I hit the button to submit my repy, I hear Tagliabue go to the podium, I turn around, they make the call. All within a few seconds.

I think he fits what the Colts do and what with a back. Blocking and receiving mixed with powerful running. I would just feel better with him getting him in the 2nd as alot of teams had him lumped with Calhoun of Wisconsin after the White goes. There would have been a decent fall.

Addai just has a history if getting hurt and to me, that is the same as just being a bust and sucking. I can see him miss 12 weeks right now with the famed "turf toe" that has killed so many before him.