Dax
    Formerly known as the Linesman!
    Dax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

How much do you think Kolb is worth?

I know the guy has a good arm and is a great player and he doesn't want to be a Back up QB... he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time... Vick was an unexpected "problem" for Kolb, if he wouldn't have injured himself, Vick would have never gotten a chance to play...
    We all know that Andy was NEVER going to use Vick, he took him in outta charity and because he would be a formidable BACKUP QB... but that injury was what turned the table and screwed Kolb outta his starting position...

I really feel sorry for the guy he had a bright future with the Eagles and he could have done good, probably not as good as what Vick did, but in my opinion he would have had at least a 3800 Yard season and probably about 16 TD's at least. Many may say that he's been overrated and that he really didn't show anything while he did play... but lets be honest here... how do you expect to have any game value if you didn't play enough games to get in sync with your players?
    And this is now putting the BIG question mark on suitable teams for Kolb...

SO now to the main question, how much is he worth... I'd say he should get a fat contract... nothing under 10M but that's what I think. I still feel that this guy should be a great addition to any team that picks him up.

I'd love to see him play at SF or even Cincy, since Carson is most likely going to retire 80million dollars rich.

What's your view on this? Lets talk.

yurnero
    yurnero's Avatar Become A Pro!

3800 yards and 16 TDs is doable, kolb is an ok qb. not enough to see how good he really is until he can play a full season

Dax

Quote Originally Posted by yurnero View Post
    3800 yards and 16 TDs is doable, kolb is an ok qb. not enough to see how good he really is until he can play a full season
    Exactly, that's why I think they guy deserves a good contract for this season...

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

It's going to take at least a #1 pick. Probably a mid-round 1 and a 3 or 4. I'm sure Philly would ask for more, but that's right around his market value. Maybe I'm over-valuing him, but compared to the Shaub and Cassel deals, I think Kolb would be a great fit on a lot of teams that need a QB. He's also going to get a contract bigger than say Cassel.
    There's such a need at QB for so many teams right now, even though, right now, there are more quality QBs in the league than probably ever.
    I can't remember what the Vikings are doing with their offense this year, but if they're running a Walsh type offense, he would be a great fit. The only problem with that is, the Vikings can't really affoard to give up ANY draft picks (they are going to lose a LOT of players to free agency, plus they have a lot of guys on the wrong side of their career).

I think Kolb would work reasonably well in Arizona, but that's a tough situation with a bad owner. I am not certain how Kolb would fit in 9r land. I think the 9rs are lacking a lot of talent at the skill positions. I can't see Kolb going to a bad team lacking at least 2 legit receiving threats and making a difference. I think he needs talent around him more-so than top tier QBs. Also, there's NO way he'll end up in Cinci (shit owner/front office) - but he would do pretty well there. Heck, I think Palmer is making a mistake - Cinci has a nice group of young receivers (assuming Ocho is cut).

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Worth a #1 + a mid rounder to a team that uses a West Coast style system. Anyone else, 2nd, 3rd and/or 4th - something like that.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

A bag of balls and a couple of cheese steaks....and not much more. Just another untested QB like Matt Cassel that some desperate team will overpay for.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 501

He will get a fat contract and I predict he will be a huge bust !!!!!

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

hell I dont know , I am still trying to figure out how you dont know the rules in baseball

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

kevin kolb = aj feeley

Dax

I agree that Palmer might be making a mistake here, but if he's not motivated to play then it'll make no sense for him to stay there... he already said it wasn't about the money, since we all know he has a bunch of that just sitting in the bank, he wants to play for the love of the game... But anyways, I doubt Kolb will be a Bust like a few of you think... If you watched any of his games during the short period he played you can see he has poise and is more than capable of being a good QB. I mentioned the 9ers because they need a QB to lead them, they have potential receivers and a decent team this IMO of course.

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16702

A 2nd round pick.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Andy Reid can make Bozo the Clown look competent. Kolb is a career backup once he leaves Andy Reid. He can't scramble and floats the deep ball. 2 cases of Gatorade maybe too much to pay for this guy to be your starter. Some guys are career backups and nobody has the guts to tell them.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Early to mid first round pick. With a couple other picks. Maybe 5th and a 6th rounder

If i was a bad team with no QB would rather have him than a QB from draft.

Guy proven at worst to be serviceable.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post
    Early to mid first round pick. With a couple other picks. Maybe 5th and a 6th rounder

If i was a bad team with no QB would rather have him than a QB from draft.

Guy proven at worst to be serviceable.
    Hookers on the corner or serviceable, but do you want one to be your wife? Kolb is not better than the top qb prospect this year.

Br0nxer

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Hookers on the corner or serviceable, but do you want one to be your wife? Kolb is not better than the top qb prospect this year.
    With the current CBA you would rather give an unknown kid 30-40 million than trade for kolb

and i said at worst serviceable. guy was banged up from the gate last year. cant go on that
    Last edited by Br0nxer; 04-15-11 at 08:59 PM.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post
    With the current CBA you would rather give an unknown kid 30-40 million than trade for kolb
    Yes. I would rather give 20 qb's 30-40 million than Kolb. Are you related to Kolb? What games have you been watching?

Br0nxer

Yes. I would rather give 20 qb's 30-40 million than Kolb. Are you related to Kolb? What games have you been watching?
    i know.

he was just awful when he got a lot of time two years ago.

I guarantee you ask all the gm's in the league who they would rather have. 85 % would say kolb. If its still the current CBA.

If there is draft pay scale in the new CBA then they would probably rather have a kid. These guys are scared to give unproven QB's big money. Too many jamarcus russells.

Br0nxer

By the way.

In the 3rd quarter of the knicks game this weekend tell me what the line should of been.

Thanks pal

CaptainPrice
    CaptainPrice's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd rather draft a guy

donkdown
    donkdown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Guy is as worthless as a Poker Stars acct these days!! Im a die hard Eagle fan they would of won maybe 5 games last yr with this hick as the QB

Br0nxer

Quote Originally Posted by donkdown View Post
    Guy is as worthless as a Poker Stars acct these days!! Im a die hard Eagle fan they would of won maybe 5 games last yr with this hick as the QB
    shut up man

nobody asked your dumb ass

philswin
    philswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4640

So many teams need QBs and do not want to wait 2 - 3 years to develop one. Kolb will be at least average maybe a little better. The Eagles will get a first rounder for him and an additional pick. The only thing that may stop a trade is if Kolb asks for too much money in an extension, he is only owed 1.5 million in the last year of his deal next year.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by donkdown View Post
    The guy that started this thread already has him down as a great quarterback

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Nobody will give a 1 for him, 2 or 3 will get it done. He's worth it but Philly would really rather keep him...

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10452

to dam much , hes in love with the coins

freelee
    Update your status
    freelee's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 478

I think Kolb give the eagles a much better chance to win than vick. vick is just a regular season quarterback i believe he has the same amount of playoff wins as Rex Grossman

JosephPavs
    JosephPavs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

5 or 10 an hour

Dax

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    The guy that started this thread already has him down as a great quarterback
    I say he's a great player because the guy has will and love for the game, which is lacking from a lot of the high paid QB's out there right now. He has a good arm and can get the job done way better than a few out there... Granted he's not a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, but the guy has potential and just need a stable and constant starting position so he can start to develop in to a reliable QB.

I know that teams like Carolina, Cleveland, Seattle, Tennessee and even Minnesota would rather take a player like Kolb than waste their pick on a Draft QB that will probably take 3-5 years to be in the playing rhythm that Kolb is in right now, granted it's not the best we've seen yet but once he gets a starting job we'll start to see more consistency from him.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I looked into things a bit more, I'm pretty certain the BEST scenario for Kolb is likely in Seattle. Minnesota, I thought, would be best - case due to their receivers (and running game), assuming Sidney Rice returns. It appears that the Vikes are moving to a different offense that is not as 'pure' to the Walsh system that Childress ran (which is damn close to what they do in Philly). I think Minnesota will struggle re-signing both Rice and Ray Edwards, once the dust settles. Also, I can't see them giving up much in the way of draft picks. If memory serves me right, they don't have a full slate of them.

Anyhow, Seattle is likely the best situation, as far as team situation. Seattle has a LOT of needs and is lacking at the skill position category BIGTIME... But that said, they play in the NFC West, so being a 'winner' is relative. Obviously Minnesota, to me, seemed like a no-brainer fit. But I think they have other problems and I think Speilman is a horrible GM.

As far as Kolb's skill level. It's really hard to say. He'd not been starting until McNabb was traded. That tells you he's not as good in practice as his competition. Yes, he won the starting job last year, but ended up LOSING it due to injury. To be honest, week 1, he was NOT prepared to face an NFL team (and Vick didn't prepare to face an NFL team, which is why he 'backed up'. People praise him, but he didn't earn the position in pre-season. Yep, great work ethic). That's fine by me, I'm a Packer fan. Kolb singlehandedly gave us the game. But in starts prior and other game action, Kolb definitly passes the 'eye' test throwing the football around. Also, he's studied under Andy Reid and played for some top NFL coordinators/position coaches that have developed QBs in the past. I think his upside is way better than Cassel and the thing that will make him better than Shaub is his decision making. If I were to grade Kolb's high-end, he maybe can crack the top 10 in the league. That's not as easy as it sounds. To me, I wouldn't give up a #1 for a guy that will likely 'cap out' and not challenge to be elite at his position, that's what #1 picks are for.

I think the REAL mistake here is not trading Kolb per se, but making Vick your starter. I really question that decision. There's TONS of little things that happen in the course of a season you can point to and say 'this is why'. Vick, to me, never showed me he's good enough to be a top 10 QB in the league, nor good enough to win a Superbowl.

Sorry to get off track, but I have seen enough to know that Vick has the physical ability to be the best ever - but he's neither poised nor focused enough on learning how to play NFL QB on a high level. Mentally, he's a train wreck. Probably makes worse decisions than say a Vince Young, who everyone seems to want to lable 'dumb'. Kolb earned the starting job by working hard and beat out a guy that eventually led Philly into the playoffs. To be fair, they were the 2nd worse team in the NFC that made the playoffs. Why? They gave up at the end of the year and figured they could mail it in and lost to a train wreck Viking team led by Joe freaking Webb. Not to mention if Philly wins that game, they get a bye! Big QBs gotta show up in those games.

I really think Philly has to reconsider it's QB situation going forward. I think they are a MUCH better team vs top teams in the league with Kolb, as opposed to Vick. Vick can beat up on scrubby teams and stat pad (all QBs can), but he can't beat an excellent team with an excellent defense with his arm. He's not proven to anyone that he can do that, yet.... But god damn is it exciting to see him try to prove it. haha.
    Last edited by McBa1n; 04-18-11 at 10:43 AM.

jollyoscars
    jollyoscars's Avatar Become A Pro!

1st and 3rd rounder gets him

Dax

Do you really think Vick is doing that bad?

I mean, I know he hasn't shown that he has super bowl material yet, but I do think he's tryin to get his game together. I just read that he's planning on doing some work outs with some of his WR's and RB's while the whole CBA deal goes down... I think he's finally understanding what has to be done.
    I think he's learning from his game mistakes... Yeah I agree he choked during the playoffs, but to me getting to the Playoffs after being a backup QB say a lot...

I guess my whole point here is that keeping Kolb on the team really isn't benefiting anyone and Kolb doesn't want to be a back up, and to me he isn't.

But I really like to read what you have to say McBa1n, you seem like you know your Game...

Much respect.

Be Cool

JosephPavs
    JosephPavs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

2 for 1 special

TobiasFunke
    Never Nude
    TobiasFunke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46

Quote Originally Posted by freelee View Post
    I think Kolb give the eagles a much better chance to win than vick. vick is just a regular season quarterback i believe he has the same amount of playoff wins as Rex Grossman

Frostware
    Frostware's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5433

I would like to see him in Cincy if Carson is gone.

ryanjep
    ryanjep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11243

i would say 1st and a 4th sounds about right to me but i can understand both sides of the aargument

12 Last