CaptainPrice
    CaptainPrice's Avatar Become A Pro!

Broncos shopping #2 pick

BREAKING: Arizona and Washington are discussing trades with Denver to move up to No. 2 overall to select Blaine Gabbert

Any team fans think this is likley?

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Wow. I didn't see this happening. With the Redskins, anything is possible. But with the Cards, it makes more sense to go after a veteran. I don't understand WTF the Cards are doing at the QB position. After Warner retired, they should have made stronger moves to get some quality arms in there, even now they don't seem to have any direction in their franchise QB search.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Gabbert. If he gets into the right situation, he could be one of the top QBs in the league. Thing is, he's coming out early and he's fairly raw anyway. I'd rather see him sit for most of his rookie year and not be a regular starter until year two at the earliest. I suppose this could work in Washington if they hold onto McNabb for one more year.

CaptainPrice

True good points
    What would Washington have to trade to move up?

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPrice View Post
    True good points
    What would Washington have to trade to move up?
    Washington is picking at #10. So, to move up to #2 Washington gives up next year's 1st round to swap #10 to #2.

Washington could also try something like giving up this year's and next year's 2nd, 4th, 6th rounders to swap up.

No matter how you slice it, it takes a lot of leverage to move from #10 to #2 overall given the standard chart.

Here's the point value chart that is fairly standard, if you want to examine other possibilities:
    http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft/...alue_chart.htm

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

i dont think the cards, will move up to select gabbert, they need to get veteran as slacker said (mcnabb, kolb or palmer, even v young if it's cheap enough or bulger), so they can keep larry fitz happy since he soon will be FA, and he right now is their franchise player

CaptainPrice

It would take all washingtons picks and then some to swap up via the chart

slacker00

It would take all washingtons picks and then some to swap up via the chart
    Yep. The only way this happens is if the Broncos give them a discount as well as accept some picks from next year.

BetWeather
    BetWeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 143

Broncos= Losers !

Chiefs will rock the AFC west once again

CaptainPrice

Quote Originally Posted by BetWeather View Post
    Broncos= Losers !

Lookin for some smack are we Bad Weather, if that is your real name...
    Chiefs were a joke in the playoffs, only team to look inept in the playoffs. Raiders should have gone they would have played harder.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by BetWeather View Post
    GL with that first place schedule next year bro. SD should recharge and Raiders rocked the AFC west last year: 6-0.

iwantcougars

san diego will own afc west. If shanahan trades to number 2 and takes newton, he will pull an al davis

CaptainPrice

Quote Originally Posted by iwantcougars View Post
    san diego will own afc west. If shanahan trades to number 2 and takes newton, he will pull an al davis
    true but it will help the broncs

Frostware
    Frostware's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5433

Anymore info on this??

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Frostware View Post
    Anymore info on this??
    If a deal goes through, it won't happen until the Broncos are on the clock.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Heard Broncos are NOT shopping their pick now. Haha, I guess it doesn't matter until draft day. The Skins, rumor has it, are indeed desperate to trade UP in the draft. As it stands, they have really nothing to give up this year but their #1 and #2 pick. If they do make a deal, they will just keep crippling future drafts. Someone needs to punch someone in the face over there to wake them up.

iwantcougars

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n View Post
    Heard Broncos are NOT shopping their pick now. Haha, I guess it doesn't matter until draft day. The Skins, rumor has it, are indeed desperate to trade UP in the draft. As it stands, they have really nothing to give up this year but their #1 and #2 pick. If they do make a deal, they will just keep crippling future drafts. Someone needs to punch someone in the face over there to wake them up.
    I think they're trying to moving down, why on earth they will bring all the qb class for visits, just to shadow screen other teams, to grab one of their picks in round 1 or 2. Everything will depend on Carolina, if Carolina goes D, now their 2nd pick will have a extremely value, for those very desperate in gabbert and newton.

If the CBA, is post draft, you could bet there will be a rookie scale payment, so the chances of trading up and getting a qb it wont be liability like previous year (jamarcus, leinart, smith)

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

I'm glad you mentioned this. Everyone's draft picks will be busted by this trade.

I seriously doubt Denver would trade again.
    In the last draft, They traded too damn much to the Ravens. Traded off Cutler, Marshall and Hillis. The Broncos completely downgraded.
    Last edited by GunShard; 04-18-11 at 10:46 PM.

CaptainPrice

I guess well just wait and see

CaptainPrice

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    I'm glad you mentioned this. Everyone's draft picks will be busted by this trade.

I seriously doubt Denver would trade again.
    In the last draft, They traded too damn much to the Ravens. Traded off Cutler, Marshall and Hillis. The Broncos completely downgraded.
    a 2 & 3 & 4 is not bad for a 1st thts for tebow, otherwise theyd have like 13 picks in the draft since they already traded down

CaptainPrice

Washington has been run very poorly for a while now, money and draft wise

St8Ca$homie
    St8Ca$homie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Broncos are a really bad team. Granted they had some injuries last year , but all teams do. I can see them moving back and getting more picks. One thing that is interesting is that fact that nobody thinks their gunna go QB @2. I mean their QB situation is anything but a lock. They way the team is set up now they cant compete for real and i still dont think Tebow can be a 16 game starter in the NFL. If they did feel good about one of the QB's they certainly have the T's to protect him. Maybe the best duo in game today , Clady when healthy is an absolute beast. If im sitting @ 2 im taking Dareus though. I would agrue last year w/ people about Suh being the real deal or not. I thought Suh was going to come in and just tear it up , which he did. I feel the same way about Dareus. Both are versatile and could play the 3 technique in a 3-4 , but i think like Suh , Dareus would just eat opposing O-lineman up at the 3 tech. in a 4-3.

McBa1n
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by iwantcougars View Post
    I think they're trying to moving down, why on earth they will bring all the qb class for visits, just to shadow screen other teams, to grab one of their picks in round 1 or 2. Everything will depend on Carolina, if Carolina goes D, now their 2nd pick will have a extremely value, for those very desperate in gabbert and newton.

If the CBA, is post draft, you could bet there will be a rookie scale payment, so the chances of trading up and getting a qb it wont be liability like previous year (jamarcus, leinart, smith)
    Nice post, I like it.
    I think Denver COULD move out of their slot. They need a dickload of help after McDaniels essentially gave away 3 incredible pieces to the puzzle (Cutler, Marshall and Hillis).
    God damn, McDaniels being fired is the best thing EVER for the Broncos. How you deal away Cutler and Marshall straight away is mental. Then you deal away your best back for Brady Quinn? WOW.
    I hope Elway has it locked down there. I know he is trying real hard, but you need to die a bunch of times before you are a franchise leader - just saying - and I'm not talking Superbowls - I'm talking "HORRIBLE" ideas in dealing away "elite", IMO, talent. Elway is doing a lot of the 'correct' things. Hopefully that translates into a lot better team management. To be honest, Shanahan should still be the Broncos coach.

RPP
    RPP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Gabbert at #2 is a huge reach. I'm starting to think all NFL front offices are stupid.

St8Ca$homie

I think most people would be surprised w/ how little team scouts know about football or how many scouts teams even have. LOL Scouts.com have more scouts than the fuckin Bengals. Listen you dont need me to tell you that , just watch/study the draft. I mean J. Russell was drafted number 1 purely b/c of his size/arm and 4 weeks of good play during the last part of his last year. Part of the reason is their job has got a lot tougher over the past 20 years. And part is b/c they suck at it lol. I mean there are team that consistently have just blew it in the draft. Just ruined their teams for years and years. I mean the Lions are a great example. MM just killed that team for about 10 years. To the point where even after they haved killed it over the past few years , their team is still trying to rid the stentch of MM. W/ somemore help on D and some consistency on O in terms the Stafford being able to make it thru a whole season this team could be a contender in 3-5 years. If theres a guy out there that hasnt reach his full potential its C.J. , this guy is capible of multiple 1500+/15+ years. If im the Broncos im taking Dareus at 2 if not take the multiple picks and build for the future. But if i can speak just as a " Pats fan " from Boston here. Take Dareus , take the game changer. I get so pissed seeing the Pats limit themselves by only selecting "pats players ". We missed out on Matthews(twice) and Laurinaitis a few years back. We passed on J. Charles and choose T. Wheatley in the late second i believe. Point is we pass on guys that have the ability to change and win games by themselves for multiple picks and guys like Watson , Maroney , Jackson , Butler , Brace etc. Listen BB knows more than ill forget in a lifetime but has made plenty of mistakes. That said he more than made up for it by putting Spikes next to Mayo and adding DMC. Who by the way i was behind from day one. I never understood why people gaves us shit for that? If Indy or Minne takes him its a great pick? We take him and its "wow they didnt take an OLB ". I didnt like any of the projected OLB's from that draft. LOL All we need now is a big guy that can strecth the field a little bit. That X/Z type that can put his foot in the ground and get you 12-15 , than run a " GO " route and take it for 45-55 yards. WR is another positon that is extremely hard to project from college to pros , but i see a good class this year. Theres 4-5 guys besides Jones/Green taht can really play.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by St8Ca$homie View Post
    I mean the Lions are a great example. MM just killed that team for about 10 years. To the point where even after they haved killed it over the past few years , their team is still trying to rid the stentch of MM. W/ somemore help on D and some consistency on O in terms the Stafford being able to make it thru a whole season this team could be a contender in 3-5 years.

Listen BB knows more than ill forget in a lifetime but has made plenty of mistakes.
    I could see the Lions in the playoffs this year if Stafford is even mediocre. That team is on the rise.

BB has had winning seasons for over a decade. The guy is a living legend. Top record in the NFL last year.

jhack704
    jhack704's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1443

det should be good, i just hope newton gets drafted before gabbert so i can win my bet that i have saying that he does

CaptainPrice

Nice post, I like it.
    I think Denver COULD move out of their slot. They need a dickload of help after McDaniels essentially gave away 3 incredible pieces to the puzzle (Cutler, Marshall and Hillis).
    God damn, McDaniels being fired is the best thing EVER for the Broncos. How you deal away Cutler and Marshall straight away is mental. Then you deal away your best back for Brady Quinn? WOW.
    I hope Elway has it locked down there. I know he is trying real hard, but you need to die a bunch of times before you are a franchise leader - just saying - and I'm not talking Superbowls - I'm talking "HORRIBLE" ideas in dealing away "elite", IMO, talent. Elway is doing a lot of the 'correct' things. Hopefully that translates into a lot better team management. To be honest, Shanahan should still be the Broncos coach.

DISAGREE
    Cutler - horrible baby qb / selfish
    Marshall just got stabbed in a domestic violence affair / selfish
    Hillis bad mistake, but clevland has a good oline /bad move tough guy

I dont want a cutler marshall dou on my team

McBa1n
    Update your status

Washington has been run very poorly for a while now, money and draft wise
    Hell yeah, man. If you read Deadspin, they trash Snyder EVERY day, on principle. I'm convinced if Shanahan can't turn it around, then you got one finger to point - and I F'N HATE that guy. Snyder is a little tosser that knows as much about football as what I have in my right nut. To be fair, I thought the Haynesworth signing was a COUP.

I guess some guys just want money and once they get it just don't care. It seemed like, though, the Skins were bidding against themselves in that play. I would've paid it, if I were an owner, but that environment in DC is terrrible. The shite I've heard that Snyder has done to coaches makes me question why ANYONE would want to work there, short of lifechanging money.

McBa1n
    Update your status

DISAGREE
    Cutler - horrible baby qb / selfish
    Marshall just got stabbed in a domestic violence affair / selfish
    Hillis bad mistake, but clevland has a good oline /bad move tough guy

I dont want a cutler marshall dou on my team
    It's different when you change coaches/teams. If Shanahan doesn't get fired in Denver, they contend for that division. I think Cutler is over-hyped as a baby. Primadona? I will not dispute that. He generated a sense of entitlement. However, the guy can sling it. He's one of the few QBs I've seen coming into the draft I would 'bet the farm' on. Maybe, I'm too personal to him, as an observer of his talent.

As for Marshall - WRs, by nature, are selfish and egotists. They live on the fringe. There is no such thing as a 'team' WR. As good as Jerry Rice was (top 5 to ever play at ANY position in the NFL IMO), if he didn't get the ball, he was livid. That's just, by nature, the position. You have to be that way. You're running 20 miles for maybe 3-10 chances at getting the ball. You have to KNOW your'e the man.

To be honest, Josh McDaniels RUINED an NFL franchise worse than any human I've ever seen (even worse than Snyder).
    Lets break it down, quickly.
    You give up a guy that took his team, as a QB to the NFC Championship (and lets be frank, the Bears are not that good on D anymore). He got decent draft value for Brandon Marshall - an ELITE talent WR. Even if he's a pain in the ass, name me 5 better?
    He also dealt away Hillis for a QB that can't even throw a 40 yard 'go' route (Quinn) AND gave that team a draft pick. Hillis, to be fair, was, I believe, the 6th RB on the Broncos roster, after being pushed into service from his more natual FB position (he was a FB).
    THEN McDaniels traded UP to get Tebow, who likely, won't be anything in the NFL, although, he could be one of the best QBs college FB has ever seen. I'm just saying, I LOVE Kyle Orton, neckbeard and all (the guy is a winner), but if you're the heir apparent to him and can't get on the field and be productive, then wow. Orton is a damn fine QB. Top 10? no. Top 20? yes.

If you're an NFL GM, you build for a top QB, a top WR and a productive RB.
    The Broncos had all 3. It's sad.
    I think the Cutler hate is mostly media hype and partially Cutler's arrogance.

That all said, I'm happy, Captain, that you're willing to debate. It makes for good discussion and refines our attitudes whilst capping. I'm wrong all the time and love being wrong. It means I learned something. It ain't ever personal, it's just trying to figure it all out. I only go by what I see.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

lets not forget he traded one of our number ones and a number two to trade up to draft alfonso smith. he then cut alfonso smith who was one of the leaders in interceptions this year for the lions. He also go rid of scheffer the tight end. He destroyed our team and completly wasted draft picks we could of used

St8Ca$homie

Yea i mean hey its the NFL , every year theres 1-2 teams that surprise everyone w/ how long that sustain their run. But the Lions arnt under the rader anymore. Theyve been competing really hard for the past 2 years and have lost some really really close games. They could have been 9-7 easy last year. Not sure about the playoffs though , most of the time a team needs to win its Div. and the Lions arnt winning that Div anytime soon , just not gunnna happen. Right now theres just to many good teams in the NFC , NO , ATL , Chi , Minne , GB , Phila , Dallas just to name a few. Again a few more players , stability @ the QB/coach spot and i think they have a shot to be a real contender in the next 3-5 years. And by no means was i taking a shot at BB , im from Boston and believe me its no secret that we have great teams here , but they ALL have great coaches , BB , Tito , Doc are among the best in the biz. But some people around here take it to far , like all we need is 12/BB and were good , BB can do no wrong etc. Sometimes people need to be brought back down to earth when it comes to that stuff. And yea we had a pretty good year last season , but its no longer about records here. Titles and title runs is what we care about here. Take it easy bud

St8Ca$homie

Josh McD. should be in jail for what he did to Denver. That was doomed from the start , the guy doesnt look like he evens shaves and hes going to flip the franchise upside down? He didnt even try to make it work w/ Cutler/Marshall at all. The guy drafted Tim Tebow @24 and gave us a 3rd for a bust he KNEW about it L. Maroney! Some guys just arnt cut out to be H.C.

slacker00

Jay Cutler is a solid NFL QB. Half the teams in the league would love to have him as an upgrade to their current QB situation.

If we redid the 2006 NFL draft, based on what we know now, he'd be taken even higher than he was at #11 overall. That's saying quite a bit for any player, that he exceeded his draft expectations. He's definitely the best QB from the 2006 draft: #3 Vince Young, #10 Matt Leinart, #49 Kellen Clemens, #64 Tarvaris Jackson, #81 Charlie Whitehurst, #85 Brodie Croyle.

St8Ca$homie

Oh no doubt but thats not saying much for that draft class or the current QB situation in the NFL. Im actually somewhat of a Cutler fan , great skill set , id like to see him do well. Plus its always good when teams like the Bears win for the NFL. I think weve gotten to the point where Cutler is what he is and the mistakes/int's/and mental breakdowns in the pocket will continue to happen but you can win w/ the guy. I always believed he thinks he has to win the game by himself. I think Chicago almost has enough around him now to the point where its clear he cant do it by himself and they do have viable other options in Forte , Olsen , Knox , Hester etc.

CaptainPrice

Cutler talenteted? yes. But i dont want him to be my qb. He will divide the lockeroom. I want a guy like Brady, manning, rodgers, brees in character not a guy with talent but a pissy b*thct like vYoung, cutler, haynesworth, TO, randy moss, b marshall. Half the players on the miaimi roster have hinted or said how annoyed there are with Marshall.

12 Last