bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Draft Day Sleepers

The folks at Rivals.com have put together a list of the most underrated players entering the draft. The full article is located at http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...pe=story_draft, but here are the guys they list as the top 10 sleepers.

1. Will Blackmon - CB - Boston College
    2. Daryn Colledge - OT - Boise St.
    3. Mark Anderson - DE - Alabama
    4. Joe Klopfenstein - TE - Colorado
    5. Mike Degory - OC - Florida
    6. LeKevin Smith - DT – Nebraska
    7. Roman Harper - S - Alabama
    8. DeMario Minter - CB - Georgia
    9. Wali Lundy - RB - Virginia
    10. Charles Gordon - CB - Kansas

I was particularly interested with what they have to say about Lundy: "A compact senior tailback who was very productive over his career. He has struggled with nagging injuries that have hurt his final grade because clubs are questioning his durability. He has produced against top competition and may be among the best goal-line runners in recent memory. He probably falls to the late rounds where he could be a major steal - we believe he carries an NFL starting grade."

What do you guys think about Rivals.com's possible draft day sleepers?

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I get this when I click the link above:

Yahoo! Sports - Document Not Found

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

here ya go bro.

Ten Underrated, Ten Overrated

By NFL Draft Staff – Rivals.com

Despite intense scouting, film study, Combine workouts, Pro Days and all-star games front-office personnel still hit and miss with NFL Draft picks.

Some high draft picks have had disappointing careers because of injuries. Others just never make it.

On the flip side, some late picks have gone on to star in several Pro Bowls. Even undrafted free agents can turn into future gems (see Rod Smith, Priest Holmes and Antonio Gates).

The key to a successful draft is being savvy enough to find a diamond in the rough like Mark Clayton or Richard Dent (both eighth-round picks) and being lucky enough to avoid selecting the next Ryan Leaf (No. 2 pick overall in 1998).

The examples we have below aren't that extreme, but scout and NFL Draft expert Frank Coyle of draftinsiders.com has identified the 10 most overrated and 10 most underrated players in the 2006 Draft.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...pe=story_draft

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4543

Ok, I tried to find that page by searching through Yahoo Sports. But didnt have no luck, so I just fixed the link in the first post so people dont get the error page on yahoo.

Used the link in the quote above to get the right link.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Thanks guys. Cool article.