Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Front Page NFL Picks (Sun, Sep 21)

Minnesota Vikings -3½ with Frerotte over Carolina Panthers

Game Time: 09/21/2008 01:00 PM -
    By: LT Profits Sports Group | who2beton.com

The Vikings will hand the ball to Peterson often as usual, but the change to Gus Frerotte at quarterback should improve their passing too. Lay the points this week.

The Minnesota Vikings are making the quarterback switch to Gus Frerotte this week, and we feel that should be enough to get a handy win over the Carolina Panthers here.

Considering that the Vikings should have beaten the Indianapolis Colts even with the beleaguered Tarvaris Jackson at QB last week, and that they were not embarrassed by the Green Bay Packers opening night, we see this move as a positive.

After all, Frerotte has the ability to convert third-and-mediums, unlike Jackson who has missed several wide open receivers this year, and Frerotte has the smarts not to turn he ball over. When you can hand the ball off to Adrian Peterson in the backfield, all the Vikings need from their quarterback is to not lose the game for them. Jackson did just that vs. the Colts.

While Gus is an upgrade, Minnesota still figures to feed the ball to AP often, as the Panthers currently rank 15 in the NFL against the run and they made Matt Forte look like Walter Payton last week. The difference will at quarterback will become noticeable on third down however.

Now Carolina is 2-0 and they get their top receiver Steve Smith back this week. That may be a moot point though if Jared Allen visits Jake Delhomme in the backfield as much as he did with Peyton Manning last week. Also, the Panthers should have trouble running here, which would make them a one-dimensional offense.

Finally, the Vikings had division title aspirations before this season, making this a must-win game for them after an 0-2 start. We feel they will break through with the change under center.

Free Pick: Vikings -3½ (-110)

Willie Bee

Chicago Bears -3 cover vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Game Time: 09/21/2008 01:00 PM -
    By: Ron Raymond | phoenixsports.com

The Bears finally get their first home game of the season and their defense should be a huge factor. Lay the field goal on Chicago when they host the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

It’s going to be tough for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to win a road game without their game breaker receiver in Joey Galloway.

Galloway provides a deep threat that could put opponents' cornerbacks on their heels and now that the speedster is not in the line up, it could help the Bears defense to not be as “Blitz Happy” and put pressure on Bucs QB Brian Griese. Tampa Bay is 4-17 SU in Chicago since 1983 and 5-17-0 ATS.

I really like what the Bears have done in the first two weeks of the season. They went into Indy and pulled off the Sunday Night Game of the Week upset and nearly pulled off another upset last week in Carolina. That’s two road games and now they come home to some home cooking. Play the Bears.

Forecast: Chicago-24 Tampa Bay-13

Free Pick: Bears -3 (-110)

Willie Bee

Green Bay Packers & Dallas Cowboys Under 51½

Game Time: 09/21/2008 08:15 PM -
    By: Doc's Sports | experts.covers.com

Defense should rule in this game between old rivals at legendary Lambeau Field. Play the Under on Sunday evening when the Green Bay Packers host the Dallas Cowboys.

The top two regular season teams in the NFC in 2007 are set to do battle this week on NBC. The posted total is way too high and we expect this game to be played to the best, and thus the defense will keep the scoring somewhat low.

The Green Bay Packers had two Pick-6’s last week against the Detroit Lions in the fourth quarter to blow open that game. Dallas played poor defense until the last part of the fourth quarter against Philadelphia before buckling down when they had too. We expect them to carry that momentum into this game and play much better for 60 minutes.

Free Pick: Cowboys-Packers Under 51½ (-110)

keystonekid
    keystonekid's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tight, Tight, Tight

Just my opinion. I see these three games being close. Minnesota by 1, TB/Chicago PK, Dallas by 1. I see the Dallas/GB game total around 45, so I agree with the under 52.

Good Luck

Deceptive
    Deceptive's Avatar Become A Pro!

call me crazy

Call me crazy but i am going opposite on all three of the front page free picks, the reasoning behind them all has to do with wishful thinking, and at this point of the season if you make a Q.B. change like Minn. 3rd game of the year their still has to be a lot of adjusting to be done, T Jackson took the majority of the snaps all pre-season and even a veteran Hall of Fame Q.B. like B. Favre needed time to adjust much less a perennial back up like G Ferrote. as for Chicago they have not faced a run stopping defense like T.B. yet and we saw what they did to M turner, plus Hester is not 100%. as for Dallas and G.B. both teams are high scoring first half teams and Dallas did not buckle down on D last week in the second half Philly just slowed down as momentum shifts, but very easily i see a first half score of 21 to 17 which means they would need to score only 14 more points in the second half i will take my chances.

I also love this week
    Denver -5 1/2
    Buffalo -9
    Atlanta Over