csimmalavong
    csimmalavong's Avatar Become A Pro!

WEEK 3 TEASER (rookie nfl bettor)

any disagreement on this teaser:
    Broncos +2 Bills -2
    ...broncos are a terrific home team who can score, new orleans is kinda banged up.
    ...bills look sharp, hopefully there isnt any let down of some sort.

also in another teaser, what game should i tease with the Bills -2 :
    1. atl +2.5 (backup for kc is terrible, so bad that he got pulled for the even worse 3rd string....they put up like 6 points at home against oakland defence)
    2. indy +2 (manning will get it done for the colts)

which game is better with bills -2 (because i am REALLY confident about that bills line)
    Last edited by csimmalavong; 09-15-08 at 04:58 PM.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I really like the Bills in the teaser - I have a feeling you can get a better number if you wait, though. Maybe only a 1/2 point, but a 1/2 point is a 1/2 point. I'm waiting on that, myself.

The others I'm not so sure on just yet, but ATL getting points at home against another bad team is nice... ATL is definitly a better squad than KC and will likely win SU anyway.

dwaechte
    dwaechte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

Generally you never want to tease through the zero. I'd try finding a game where you can move the line from -8 to -2, or from +2 to +8.

Bigcrank23
    Bigcrank23's Avatar Become A Pro!

K.C. back-up didnt get pulled, he got injured after being sacked because the O line is terrible. He may be back for next week but I dont think it matters much because all of thier QBs are terrible. Still I would stay clear of ATL until Matt Ryan proves he can throw the ball to his WRs and not the other teams defense.(could lead to easy points for K.C.) I think Indy would be the better choice here. While Jax/Indy games are normally pretty close, Jax O-line is hurting and they need to be able to run to be effective. Colts should have Dallas Clark back which is a huge offensive boost and the come back against minny might be the spark this team needed. My 2 cents, gl

csimmalavong
    csimmalavong's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah i was kinda thinking the samething, atlanta is a terrible team. lions fuked me up last week (teased them at like +17), they didnt even cover that !
    any thoughts on denver +2 ?

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I only started capping the Denver game and have to go over the tape of the NO game from this week (and go over some injuries)... But Denver really smells like they are ripe for a 'let down' after a very very big win (I cannot understate how big that win is for them) - against a team NEEDING a win. Shanahan is a good coach, but that's my first instinct - that Denver will underperform expectations.

NO's secondary and defense do NOT matchup well with Denver, and they are pretty weak on the road. Hard not loving the Broncos at home and points, though.

arpeggiomeister
    arpeggiomeister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2918

Quote Originally Posted by dwaechte View Post
    Generally you never want to tease through the zero. I'd try finding a game where you can move the line from -8 to -2, or from +2 to +8.

I have a differing opinion on this, but I'm not a pro so take it with a grain of salt. I use 10 point teasers as an insurance policy. I try to tease through the zero as often as possible.

My week 1 10 point teaser was:

NE -5.5
    PHI +2.5
    DAL +4

Those 10 points saved my butt when Brady got injured.

In week 2 I got cocky and did a parlay instead of a teaser and I paid the price.

NO pk
    GB -3
    PIT -6.5

Had I played these games in a 10 point teaser I would have won this bet. It would have looked like this:

NO +10
    GB +7
    PIT +3.5

NO and PIT both failed to cover the spread, but in the teaser they are both winners, and you are teasing through the zero on PIT. I'm not trying to squeeze every penny I can out of my picks. A 10 point teaser nets approx 83%. That's huge, especially if you can start compounding from week to week.

I am using teasers to give me the best chance of winning. There are a lot of truly intelligent people on this site with much more complex systems, but this approach works well for me.

BUF vs OAK is my top pick for week 3. Monday is too early to post my bets... ...especially after I got all excited over the line on NO, placed my bet early, and got burned.

I'm looking at

OAK @ BUF (BUF)
    CIN @ NYG (NYG)
    STL @ SEA (SEA)
    MIA @ NE (NE)
    KC @ ATL (ATL)

I haven't seen the lines on these yet, but I will be picking 3 of these to make a 10 point teaser with.

I would seriously consider everyone's advice, but on this point, teasing through the zero has saved my butt on several occasions.

Mic Lowrey
    Mic Lowrey's Avatar Become A Pro!

yah i agree with up above.

I usually make 2 4 team teasers for 13pts on bodog.

usually works for me and i love to tease through the zero. I mean you tease a -3 home dog and get +10? wow all day right there.... i dont mind doing it both ways... teasing through zero and also adding on the other end of 0

Usually most of the time my bets come thru w/o teasing them. Sometimes i like to middle it and take the opposite side of what i teased to see if i can middle it and really come up. If i take a single bet for a small amount of my teaser then i only lose a little but win a lot if they both hit.

I also like to tease the over/under. I mean sometimes there are games that @ 33pts.

I mean i'll take any game to go over 20pts. Unless i know theres terrible weather.

arpeggiomeister
    arpeggiomeister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2918

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcrank23 View Post
    K.C. back-up didnt get pulled, he got injured after being sacked because the O line is terrible. He may be back for next week but I dont think it matters much because all of thier QBs are terrible. Still I would stay clear of ATL until Matt Ryan proves he can throw the ball to his WRs and not the other teams defense.(could lead to easy points for K.C.) I think Indy would be the better choice here. While Jax/Indy games are normally pretty close, Jax O-line is hurting and they need to be able to run to be effective. Colts should have Dallas Clark back which is a huge offensive boost and the come back against minny might be the spark this team needed. My 2 cents, gl
    Thanks for the tip. I haven't seen highlights on ATL for week 2 yet, I was still going off my impression from week one. KC is horrible. I expected ATL to be horrible but I guess DET just blows worse than the birds. lol